Post your pic

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Haven't seen "Moonraker" since I was little -- plus, I always got it mixed up with "Superman II"

Ah yeah, Michelle Yeoh.  I couldn't remember her name, and the network's been freaking out here, so I couldn't check.  There was some movie of hers I loved to watch on TV back in the day... pretty sure it was "Butterfly Sword".

I liked Michelle Yoeh in Heroic Trio, but hey I love a movie with three women who can kick your ass and the stunts are amazing in that one.   She was also in Supercop 1 and 2, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

1.  Octopussy -- granted, I haven't seen it in probably 6 years, but it's my favorite and my most-viewed one.

2.  Well, Sean Connery *is* Bond, though I always liked Roger Moore because I thought he was funny.

3.  I always wanted to be a Bond girl someday when I was growing up, but no more.  They're all imbeciles.  But my favorite was the girl from... "Tomorrow Never Dies"?  The karate chick.  She kicked butt.

And actually, I think that photo is in black and white -- he took a lot of pics in black and white, I know.  I just need to see the rest of the ones he took, now that I finally got to see any of them at all!

....yep,my fav bond flick is octopussy as well! this may sound sad but i have seen that movie "at least" 60 times. it boggles me that a lot of bond fans put this movie down. for me this movie,along with "for your eyes only" were roger moores absolute best bond performances thanks to director john glen pushing moore's characterization just a bit more towards rough and tumble.    ...as lee phiefer says in one of his bond books: "OCTOPUSSY HAS MORE CLIMAXES THAN AN X-RATED MOVIE!"   ....i could not agree more! it has all the classic ingrediants of a great bond film and i'm glad more people are seeing that. :smokin:

...my favorite bond is always hard for me to answer as i keep changing my mind every few years.  i grew up with the moore films so he's probably #1 with me but i also LOVE Connery/brosnan pretty much equally.     timothy dalton sucked eggs,though he is a fine actor.............just not for james bond pictures.-(though i really enjoyed "the living daylights" very much. great story and action. plus it has olivia D'abo-(?)

....top 5 bond movies would be-(as of now) :

1)-OCTOPUSSY

2)-DIE ANOTHER DAY

3)-FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

4)-FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

5)-DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER-(connery's last "real" bond film was so damn funny: MR. KID and MR. WINK anyone? and of course the classic: "alimentary,my dear watson."

"i'll buy you a delicatessen....in stainless steel!!!" :rofl:

~se7en :ouro:

And now we're talking about Bond? :p

Anyways my favorite Bond actor is without a doubt - Roger Moore. He's hilarious and feels a bit dump. Sean Connery is too masculine. I can never understand those people who say Connery is the one and only Bond - I grew up watching Moore (Octopussy would have to be my favorite as well).

Brosnan is good as well but a bit too serious. I loved Golden Eye & Die Another Die but hated Tomorrow Never Dies.

Guest LauraKrycek
....top 5 bond movies would be-(as of now) :

1)-OCTOPUSSY

2)-DIE ANOTHER DAY

3)-FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

4)-FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

5)-DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER-(connery's last "real" bond film was so damn funny: MR. KID and MR. WINK anyone? and of course the classic: "alimentary,my dear watson."

Maybe I'm an odd duck, but I didn't really like "Die Another Day".  I thought that it was too much like a bunch of guys were sitting around going "Ooh... but then she can take off her clothes and have a bikini under it and jump off a cliff!" and "Ooh -- but then, she's trapped inside, and the big diamond-powered sattelite thingy can start to melt the walls -- can Bond save her?"  Like a fanfic or something, almost.  Of course, I'm the reigning leader of the Cut the Cheese campaign -- I hate cheesy stuff, even though I'm always making cheesy jokes.  Plus, the diamond-face guy?  No.  And even though I don't much care for Madonna, I must say that I did really like the theme song.  My favorite part of a lot of the movies is the theme songs -- I can still sing most of them.  As far as the rest of it goes, though, it just didn't hit for me.  I sure like to look at Pierce Brosnan, but his Bond movies just aren't the best.

Guest Wellington

Hi there

My favorite is The Spy Who Loved Me. It is the first one I saw when I was 8 or 9, on tv a tuesday evening, and I got really impressed with it. First time I saw that kind of cool hero, loaded with gadgets, concealed weapons and humour, and no wonder I have always wanted a submarine car! Several years later, the memories of it ignited my love for Lotus cars. This film might look outdated right now (large trousers, large stripes) and may only be a remake of You Only Live Twice, but it has that "grandiose"-ness that makes a classic Bond film: prestigious locations, megalomaniac villain, spooky henchmen, devastating one-liners. When my parents finally got a video recorder, I went quickly to buy it and watched it continuously (up to 3 times a day!).

As for the actor, I think they were all great in their time and stories. Even Lazenby, who did a great Connery impersonation. Brosnan is cool as a modern incarnation of the character, but DaD left me with the feeling that ageing is really a curse! By the way, I needed lots of time and screening before I strated to enjoy DaD. I was so disappointed after the premiere at the cinema! And I still think that an invisible car is way too much even for Bond. That is because I like the way Bond films play with fantasy in terms of physics and "engineering", but limits are needed in order to keep some good feeling. The invisibility was a huge drop of bad taste. But every film has its flaws, of course.

Clive Owen seems to get the best opinion about him taking over the role in the future. That could be nice, don't you think?

Seven, that was Mariam D'Abo. Olivia was a Conan and Start Trek chick, and now that you mentioned her, I would have loved to see her as a Bond girl!

Regards

Timothy Dalton  and Sean Connery are my favorite actors to play James Bond.  I find Pierce to be a little lacking at times as Bond when he has to emote too hard.    

Clive owen would make a great James Bond and so would Christian Bale (who is going to play Batman/Bruce Wayne next, but he is great to watch in the movvies Equilibrium and American Pyscho).

My other favorite James Bond movies are On Her Majesty's Secret Service, You Only Live Twice, and The Living Daylights.

Best Bond one liner is in the movie Goldfinger- "Shocking.  Postively Shocking."

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest thebadshepherd

I kinda feel Connery was closest to the Bond from the novels.  Moore's movies got a litle too campy for me.

I don't know about the next Bond, but I propose Laura Krycek for the next Bond heroine.  Who's with me? :thumbsup_big:

.........if DIX comes across this watch out! he's just as bad as the rest of us concerning the joys of "BOND,JAMES BOND."

...Moore was in both the best and the worst bond movies ever. he's not my fav bond necessarily because of the movies but rather because of his portrayal and the fact that i grew up during the Moore era.-(amazingly Moore did his FIRST bond picture at age 46(!) and his last at age 57,a mind boggling 12-year run!)- Moore's earlier bond films were very campy but that trend started with DAF. -(and really ALL bond films are sort of campy, at least that's MYOP.) but for me his later pics TSWLM/FYEO/OCTOPUSSY had moore's classic style and wit but also,thankfully,a bit of a harder edge,i.e. he really WAS capable of being ruthess if he had to be! plus he got a director who challenged him in refining his portrayal of bond in John Glen.

...OHMSS definitely has the best story/script/theme song of ANY bond film.-(John Barry is still sorely missed by this fan,no offense to the very talented David Arnold of course!)-but while Lazenby certainly "looked" the part,and he excelled in action/fight scenes for me he had the acting skill of a toilet-bug. whenever he "tried" showing emotion he looked as though he had a bowel obstruction!     ...regardless,it's in my top 10 fav. bond movies and i LOVE watching it.-(i just try to pretend it's really connery up there on my widescreen! :tongue: )

...Dalton is "absolutely" a very fine actor but he was too humorless and the one-liners he had to toss off almost always came across very awkward and stiff. plus he has that slightly scary/goofy Mr. Grinch smile. "licence to kill" was truly bottom of the barrel. they sucked every ounce of "FUN" out of a bond picture and essentialy did a 2-hr. Miami-Vice movie! TLD is a great movie however with incredible action set pieces that hold up very well even today!-(and thanks for pointing out my D'Abo error welly!  :wink: )

...Brosnan's portrayal of bond continues to awe me. i think he is just fantastic. he seemed just a bit too slight in appearance in "GOLDENEYE" but the older he gets,like with moore,the more he seems to become bond in both appearance and portayal-(which i base on connery more or less.)-but he has,for me,the perfect combo of Moore's humor and connery's physicality.

....i don't even want to speculate on the next bond because i DON'T want to even think about it yet! :cry:  i'm "hoping" for 2-more brosnan pics which would give him an even half-dozen and put him,I THINK,at around age 54. we'll see i guess.

SE7EN'S TOP 5 WORST BOND FILMS:-(in no particular order)-

1)-LICENCE TO KILL

2)-THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

3)-LIVE AND LET DIE

4)-THUNDERBALL-(LAST HOUR I FOUND INTENSELY BORING.)

5)-A VIEW TO A KILL

~se7en   :ouro:

.........if DIX comes across this watch out! he's just as bad as the rest of us concerning the joys of "BOND,JAMES BOND."

SE7EN'S TOP 5 WORST BOND FILMS:-(in no particular order)-

1)-LICENCE TO KILL

2)-THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

3)-LIVE AND LET DIE

4)-THUNDERBALL-(LAST HOUR I FOUND INTENSELY BORING.)

5)-A VIEW TO A KILL

~se7en   :ouro:

What did you think of the remake of THUNDERBALL, NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN?

I liked the beginning sequence of GOLDENEYE and the different style of music was interesting (but a Bond movie has to sound like a Bond movie with John Barry/or john Barry-like music).

hmmmm, I wonder why Dix hasn't been reading this thread.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Wellington

Hi

...OHMSS definitely has the best story/script/theme song of ANY bond film

It is also the closest to Fleming's books. Great reading, by the way.

while Lazenby certainly "looked" the part,and he excelled in action/fight scenes for me he had the acting skill of a toilet-bug

Nice one-timer (for him only) anyway. That guy did not say no to anything that went with the production. Who would? of course... not me... I agree with the acting skills, and I cannot understand the rush from the production to do the film with an inexperimented no-name.

John Barry is still sorely missed by this fan,no offense to the very talented David Arnold of course

Barry's themes are classics on their own indeed! I think Arnold has managed to keep up the good work by giving a strong "personality" to his scores. I hear him as an updated Barry.

Licence to kill is almost a no-Bond film. Put any other hero in his place and the result is the same. Even Q's character is as misplaced as the rest of the brand. Really a pity for him. It is the first I saw at the theater, so I have some memories left of the excitement of that afternoon. It is the last one to hit the screen by mid-summer, which is now a forsaken time zone for good films.

My worst would be A View to a Kill and Moonraker. I like the first two Moore films. The stories are quite interesting, Jane Seymour was very striking and Lee was great as a Bond villain.

Regards