Two Movies

Two movies in which i always here alot of debate over when it comes to people loving it and people hateing it.

First Movie: Darkness Falls.......this a movie I really liked. I thought it started out slow and had a typical horror story theme but this movie grew on me. Alot of scenes in the middle and end that had me attached to the story.

Second Movie: 8MM.....i saw this one at the movie theatre when it came out. Not a huge Nick Cage fan but i really liked this movie. Its a rough movie but it moved along at a good pace. I highly recommed this movie. On the other i have read reviews that described it as trash and hard to watch. I know its a tuff subject but if you can stomach Joel Shumacher movies you would like this movie, very gritty

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Two movies in which i always here alot of debate over when it comes to people loving it and people hateing it.

First Movie: Darkness Falls.......this a movie I really liked. I thought it started out slow and had a typical horror story theme but this movie grew on me. Alot of scenes in the middle and end that had me attached to the story.

Second Movie: 8MM.....i saw this one at the movie theatre when it came out. Not a huge Nick Cage fan but i really liked this movie. Its a rough movie but it moved along at a good pace. I highly recommed this movie. On the other i have read reviews that described it as trash and hard to watch. I know its a tuff subject but if you can stomach Joel Shumacher movies you would like this movie, very gritty

I have not seen Darkness Falls, mostly because of the abysmal reviews I have heard by both critics and every day Joe's (not including Joe M's). I know that you can never count on the opinions of others, but there are so many movies out there that this one just hasn't gotten onto my priority list. Now that you have given it a positive review, maybe I will give it a chance.

As for 8MM, I really loved it. Yes, very gritty, but it is an example of an unexpected pleasant surprise. This is another one that I had heard very few good things about, but really liked, so maybe there is hope for Darkness Falls. I really should watch 8MM again, because the last time I saw it, it was still in the "new release" section of Blockbuster. I found it to be an excellent movie and riveting, but, if memory serves me correctly, I think it goes a little overboard in the end, however, not enough to change my opinion that is was very good overall.

Guest SouthernCelt

Haven' t seen 'Darkness Falls' primarily because it sounded like teen-ager formulaic horror of which there have been scores of the same story filmed over and over.

I did see '8MM' and found it pretty good although it seemed to have been done primarily as a vehicle for Cage when he was seemed to be in every other movie being released. I can't fault the story except to say that the subject was so serious that the tension couldn't be periodically released by a bit of humor (which I think Cage may be better at than drama).

Guest Frank L.

8MM was on television the other day and I taped it, so I'll probably watch it this weekend. Not a fan of Schumacher, but a huge Nicolas Cage fan.

• Elders (Admins)

I enjoyed Darkness Falls, I watched it with a friend and he thought it was good too.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I enjoyed Darkness Falls, I watched it with a friend and he thought it was good too.

Wow, that's three thumbs up here for Darkness Falls. I'll have to pick it up one of these days. I really thought it was viewed as a cheezy horror flop, but I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines