Spin off showcase

Rate this topic

Guest Jordan

Well, I'd have to have a literary agent -- as well as an acting agent -- for any of it to ever even be heard.  But that'd be awesome if it could happen.  There'd be all those years of mystery to elaborate on as well... what happened in those 10-15 years since the turning of the millennium?  And what is yet to come?

.....i "really" like your ideas Laura!  

...another "possibility": same set up as yours,of course,cos i think it's bitchin,but with a slight modification would be to have it take place exactly 10-years after the last ep in may/99.-(you would not actually have to wait the full 10-years because i'm sure a 15-16-year old Brittany would likely have no trouble playing an 18-19 year old.)-That would make jordan's character 19-years old,and she could be off on her own in college,an historic one like Harvard or Yale-(beleiving her father to be dead)-and she's about to join a very "exclusive" fraternity-(if you catch my drift.)-in which many of the members parents have certain ties to a certain group.              ...i say this partly because it would be so grand to have Brittany Tiplady AS jordan and,FINALLY,as a major character.-(which i think she very well may have been in a S4/5,as the writers were certainly hinting and heading in that very fascinating direction by sort of pointing out,both subtle and some not so subtle ways-[saturn Dreaming of mercury is a great example and one of my all time favorite eps.]- that jordan's "GIFT" was ermerging in intensity and power at a much more advanced rate than when frank was growing up.  it may well have emerged that the group would have wanted Jordan as much,or more,than Frank!)--i love letting my imagination go loose on this subject!        

...sh*t i wish i could complete this train of thought now but i have to go.

..this is fascinating though i must say,and it's inspired a ton of ideas by the scenario you brought forth Laura.  ...reminds me of the days our little MM-RPG played via email years back!

~se7en    :ouro:

Yeah...That whole idea is so cool that it blew the tiny idea I had right outta my head! :laugh_big:

I guess I kept thinking how cool it would be to do a spin-off that tried to get back to the idea the show began with.

Maybe start it where the show left off, with Frank and Jorden on the run, and then trying to put their lives back together.  Frank is trying to help Jorden understand the nature of her gift.  And, he's trying to put the Millennium group behind him.

Eventualy, he's contacted mysteriously, and discovers that there are some members of the group still left.  They were the ones like him, who didn't beleave in what the Owls and Roosters stood for, but that just wanted to make a difference.  Slowly, he's drawn back into it, because he can't deny who he is.  (etc. etc. etc.)

Like I said....nothing compared to Laura's idea.

~Raven Wolf :frank_black:

I'm just not thrilled about a Jordan spin-off.  I would support a  new Millennium show that picks up years later with Frank Black raising his daughter Jordan, but alas a spin-off just isn't exciting me.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S.   I have my Millennium FanFic called "The Future Is Now" which I should get back to one of these days to add to it and correct any spelling/name mistakes.

An adult now, Jordan has been hiding her abilities her entire life -- after seeing what happened to her father, how could she not?  Jordan grew up under the careful care of that man...

Well I don't know - Sounds too much like those FanFics at XF forums where people had horrible thoughts of devilspawn William continuing Mulder's work at the X-Files.

Besides - the whole idea reminds me of one poor Spider-Man story...

But if such spin-off should be made it'd definitely have to have Brittany as Jordan.

Gee, I feel bad, the best I came up with was "Everybody Loves Giebelhouse".

:bigsmile: Not bad - Counting the fact that he had too little screen time during the third season. He could have brought some color to the show.

NO viral outbreaks

:cry:  :crying_big:

A spin-off with Lara & Peter searching for missing Frank & Jordan - njah - Would be too much like Scully & Dogged searching for Mulder.

But still the only pleasing spin-off would be a post-Marburg outbreak world - Like 'The Stand'.

Or a spin-off which examines the Owls & Roosters scenario further.

....yeah,but then it would just be a poor attempt,AND A RIP OFF,of "The Stand".  -(The stand started off as fantasy while MM-did not not,which is just "part" of the reason why i found the whole premise assinine when Morgan & Bong threw it up at last possible moment with zero buildup,disregarding everything that happened before,includng thier own numerous discarded storylines and..............oh,i shouldn't get started on this just now :~)  ...anyway, it would not be an original premise in the slightest in my view. not to mention i would have to go on a killing spree if anyone ressurected that whole horrid storyline! :angryred:  :angry_steaming_big:  :no_big:

...ah,well,different strokes,

se7en :ouro:

....yeah,but then it would just be a poor attempt,AND A RIP OFF,of "The Stand".  -(The stand started off as fantasy while MM-did not not,which is just "part" of the reason why i found the whole premise assinine when Morgan & Bong threw it up at last possible moment with zero buildup,disregarding everything that happened before,includng thier own numerous discarded storylines and..............oh,i shouldn't get started on this just now :~)  ...anyway, it would not be an original premise in the slightest in my view. not to mention i would have to go on a killing spree if anyone ressurected that whole horrid storyline! :angryred:  :angry_steaming_big:  :no_big:

...ah,well,different strokes,

Okay, I'm fairly new around here, but I've read through quite a lot of the threads, and I'm familiar with your dislike for the post-Roosters Season 2, and the finale in particular.  I'm also aware that you consider Season 3 to be your favourite.

This does lead me to ask a question about your justification, here, however.

You claim you feel the show was not based on fantasy, however Season 3 is perhaps the most demonic of all the seasons (With the likes of "Antipas", "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury" and "Seven ane One"), and also a season with other preternatural overtones ("Omertra", "Borrowed Time").

Now, a case can be made, based upon your personal belief system, that there is some realism here, as such things do exist; But I think in the case of discussing the merits of a dramatical work, realism should be defined as the more tangible - that which is understood to be real within the frame of reference of the human race in general.

So, by this yardstick, Season 3 (at least vast tracts of it) can be said to be rather fantastical in themselves.

How is this different from the Season 2 finale?  Why does this aspect of the show not concern you, in Season 3?

(And I realise from your post that it is just part of the reason for your dislike - just a part that I felt compelled to question further out of curiousity...)

......i never said the show was not based on elements of fantasy or did not have fantastical elements. it does and that's part of the reason why i love it so. but you're right i should have used a different word in describing my intense dislike of the final 1/3 of S2.  it was more like the farther S2 went along the more it lost focus and,for me,beleivability-(i know that CAN'T be spelled right!).   i should have used the word "CAMP" and/or parody.          ...i hate answering this in a rush because i may not be wording this as intended,but i wanted to at least give you the courtesy of some sort of reply before i have to "run".

...i'll just end this intial response by saying that MM being interlaced with elements of the fantastic is a sweet thing,especially the legion mytharc,etc. but MM "AS" fantasy just ruins it for me. and had that storyline been continued in S3 i truy beleive that MM would have completely lost what it was originally all about,or at least what it was all about "for me" anyway.

~PEACE,

Guest LauraKrycek
       ...another "possibility": same set up as yours,of course,cos i think it's bitchin,but with a slight modification would be to have it take place exactly 10-years after the last ep in may/99.-(you would not actually have to wait the full 10-years because i'm sure a 15-16-year old Brittany would likely have no trouble playing an 18-19 year old.)-That would make jordan's character 19-years old,and she could be off on her own in college,an historic one like Harvard or Yale-(beleiving her father to be dead)-and she's about to join a very "exclusive" fraternity-(if you catch my drift.)-in which many of the members parents have certain ties to a certain group.              ...i say this partly because it would be so grand to have Brittany Tiplady AS jordan and,FINALLY,as a major character.-(which i think she very well may have been in a S4/5,as the writers were certainly hinting and heading in that very fascinating direction by sort of pointing out,both subtle and some not so subtle ways-[saturn Dreaming of mercury is a great example and one of my all time favorite eps.]- that jordan's "GIFT" was ermerging in intensity and power at a much more advanced rate than when frank was growing up.  it may well have emerged that the group would have wanted Jordan as much,or more,than Frank!)--i love letting my imagination go loose on this subject!        

...sh*t i wish i could complete this train of thought now but i have to go.

..this is fascinating though i must say,and it's inspired a ton of ideas by the scenario you brought forth Laura.  ...reminds me of the days our little MM-RPG played via email years back!

~se7en    :ouro:

LOL well, thanks for the compliments on my idea.  It just popped out, and I ran with it.

I like your idea.  Brittany's only 12 right now (13 in January), so it'd be a few years until it could be done.  I think the premise may be a little too much like the TV show "The Others", though -- yeah, I loved that show, but it didn't work either.  Plus, chances are it'd still turn into one of those teeny things, based on the ages of the characters.  It'd need to be able to bridge the gap somehow between the teenage group and the adult group.

Plus, chances are it'd still turn into one of those teeny things, based on the ages of the characters.  It'd need to be able to bridge the gap somehow between the teenage group and the adult group.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.  "MillenniuM" was always so unique, dark, dramatic, terrifying.  I'd hate to see it become another (dare I say this...for fear of offending?  Ehhh, what the hell?)  "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", or "Charmed".  "MillenniuM" is SUPPOSED to be dark and gothic and grotesque! :devil01:

(Older & Wiser....) :wink_big: (lol just kidding)

~Raven Wolf :Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large: