Goodbye To All That

Rate this topic

Guest limebunneh
Who is this person and pushed the metal shrapnel into Barry Baldwins chest and made him die?

A member of the Millennium Group!

Guest SouthernCelt

I think the MM Group connection of the paramedic was obvious. Since Baldwin hadn't died in the explosion, this was just a way to take him completely out of the FBI picture so Emma, now a group-connected agent, could be assured of being promoted to running the section.

• 1 month later...
Guest notbadforahuman

hahah good point!! i almost forgot about that!!

do we know how the millennium group actually made lucas barr into the murderer that he was? if they did 'make him' into what he was, why would they do that at all? its not like he was murdering individuals pivotal to any impending event that would be important to the group. he was just killing rich couples... how does the millennium group factor into that?!?

any ideas or suggestions? :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chagrin

In the battle between good and Evil....

I do not have season 3 on DVD yet, been a bad year for money. What are the words Fanks says at the end...anyone?

• Elders (Admins)

The paramedic is credited with killing Baldwin but as I recall it was Mabius, performing one of his Legion-powered deceptions.

What are the words Fanks says at the end...anyone?

Here ya go...

[Watts' house. Plates and dishes on the dining table, a vase of flowers has been knocked over. A view around the pleasant and well–furnished sitting room. Papers and documents strewn on the floor. The lower half of a man's body on the floor. A large pool of blood.]

FRANK: [VO] I've seen the future – –

[Hollis sat in front of a computer.]

FRANK: [VO] where the battle between good and evil that has raged for millennia is fought to conclusion.

[Hollis has her head in her hands, waiting for the computer search to finish.]

FRANK: [VO] And the struggle for our hearts and minds is decided for all time.

[The computer screen goes blank. There's a beep. Hollis looks at the screen.]

FRANK: [VO] We survive, maybe.

[screen shows an ouroborous. Then: Hello Emma Hollis]

FRANK: [VO] But only by discarding the questions that confuses us – what do I want – and asking what the world, what the universe wants and needs.

[screen: There are 224 days remaining.]

FRANK: [VO] Asking what does life itself expect of me.

[Hollis is sat at home.]

[Frank and Jordan in Frank's jeep.]

JORDAN: Which side wins, Daddy?

FRANK: That's what I'm saying. It's up to us.

JORDAN: We are all shepherds.

FRANK: Yes, honey. Yes, we are.

[They continue driving, along a rural road. The road is closely bordered by trees, but there is a valley ahead and beyond that a mountain. The day is cloudy, but there is a shaft of sunlight near the horizon. The road ahead bends so we cannot see where they are heading, nor what the future holds.]

[fade to black]

Guest ZeusFaber
The paramedic is credited with killing Baldwin but as I recall it was Mabius, performing one of his Legion-powered deceptions.

Mabius wasn't in "Goodbye to All That", so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Guest Moriarty
Mabius wasn't in "Goodbye to All That", so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Indeed, Mabius was not in the season finale. Last time we we saw him was in 7 and 1. There were not even hints about Mabius in the 2 last episodes so I guess you are mistaking here Old Man :-)

• 1 year later...
Guest WhiteWolf

Mabius may not have been in the last two episodes of S3, but I would hedge a bet that it was Mabius who payed an off-screen visit to the Watts house before the episode was over.

I thought Goodbye To All That, along with the preceding three episodes were all great, even if they did not tie up some of the things I was really hoping would get tied up. They all had that energy and mystery that the first season had, and in no way really reflected some of the duds that were mixed up in between, here and there.

I also thought the music at the very end by Mark Snow was great, and nicely revisited at the end of the "Making of Season 3" doc in a still picture montage.

But as to the question that started this topic, the paramedic in the beginning was definitely an MM member, otherwise there would be no purpose for that scene. I was thinking at the end of "Via Dolorosa" that he was definitely dead, and MM might have planted the bomb, but I didn't know why. When I found out Baldwin was still alive at the very beginning of GTAT, I was surprised, and then when he was killed I was even more surprised, because I didn't get it at all. Not until McLaren reveals his imminent retirement and Baldwin's pre-selected ascendency to Assistant Director-ship did I get it. The purpose of showing the guy in the ambulance kill Baldwin was just to show that Frank was right: Someone deliberately set out to kill Baldwin, not just set some sort of booby trap in his apartment to get rid of evidence and throw the investigators off his trail if they should find him.

There were some great little surprises at the end of the show that I did not expect, but there is obviously a few things a movie could clear up a bit, as far as the Group goes, even though I think a mini-series would better be able to clear up the whole Lucy Butler/Legion plot.