Alien Ouroborus...

Rate this topic

.......i may pick it up used one of these days but for me it's not essential viewing/buying,plus i'm annoyed at the lack of extras for Davind Fincher's Alien3.

~se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

.......i may pick it up used one of these days but for me it's not essential viewing/buying,plus i'm annoyed at the lack of extras for Davind Fincher's Alien3.

and to boot, FOX edited many of the documentaries on Alien 3 at teh last minute to puta spin on it and lessen the impact of how FOX screwed up the production (and the tension between David Fincher and the producers on the set during filming).  The Digital Bits made comments about this when they reviewed the Quadrilogy box set because they had seen earlier edits of the Alien 3 production featurettes.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

P.S.  Can we have an Alien Quadrilogy ouroborous smilie?

There are a lot of post-MM (and, pre- :p) ouroborous floating out there in pop culture. It's kind of one of those things that seems less used than it is. Besides having a rich history it's really modern. The first time I read In The Lake Of The Woods by Tim O'Brien, I think I underlined the first passage about the two snakes the husband came across, each eating the other's tail. He kept mentioning 1+1=0. Then there's Scully's tatoo on XF, which was a direct MM nod even if it was simplified. Then (and I always thought they stole it) on the Sci-Fi show the Invisible Man, Darien after some accident or something, got a segmented tatoo which turned red as his levels of quicksilver poisining reached theatening (that is, the substance that allows him to turn invisible [reflect visible light] releases a toxin, for which he must get an injected antidote when his levels get high or he gets 'quicksilver madness' or something similar). And what kind of tatoo, you ask? None other than a really fat, almost comical, ouroborous.

I'm sure there are more, but given it's almost 2am, I'll get back to you.

A friend of mine said that an outline of an ouroborous I'd drawn and shaded in (like I pay attention in class) looked like a sperm.

And I got one henna'd on my lower back a few years ago - it wasn't in the design book so I told the lady what I wanted and it was really cool. I don't think I ever took a picture, kind of hard to do of your own back. And, like a lot of MM fans it seems, I am planning on, someday, getting an ouro tatoo. problem is, i like the reddish/yellow one on the black bg - it looks like flame colors, but i don't think it'd look so good with out black and wouldn't want a big square or something. and i don't really want a solid black one, though those are cool too.

Natalie, who is also contemplating a white tatoo (maybe if I weren't so pale :smily_tooth_big: )

Guest LauraKrycek

I always had a grudge against the Invisible Man show because I'd been planning for years to name my first son Darien Fox (last name here), and then they named their main character Darien Fawkes.  Plagiarists!  The ouroborous tattoo thing just proves it further.

The first show we did here after I came to school was the Oresteia (which sucked; people are still talking, two and a half years later, about how back it was), and the set featured huge yellow doors at the back with three giant purple snakes eating each other's tails.  It was also reproduced as a border on Clytemnestra's dress.  There was also a huge purple tapestry\shawl that I painted that featured a huge ouroborous around the edge of it.  I was ouroborous'd out, and not in a good way.  All of it was straight hideous.

Guest Justa Fan

Hey, there's a boatload of stuff on Alien3.

Just as much as any other installment.

You should get it just to see the restored

footage.  Amazing !!

Much closer to Fincher's vision (although he

never got to create the "wooden planet."

The background story and footage on the

Pine Wood studio sets is very impressive.

:smily_tooth_big:

Hey, there's a boatload of stuff on Alien3.

Just as much as any other installment.

You should get it just to see the restored

footage.  Amazing !!

Much closer to Fincher's vision (although he

never got to create the "wooden planet."

The background story and footage on the

Pine Wood studio sets is very impressive.

:smily_tooth_big:

evn though the behind-the-scenes features did get hacked up in the editing room though.  So part of the story on the making of the film got cut by FOX because FOX didn't want it to be so plain and simple that they screwed up with Alien 3 (even though I dod like the movie).   There was a more material on the on-the-set tension between Fincher and FOX that got cut from the second disc of alien 3.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of Ouroborus....

Attached is a picture of something I found interesting. The site I had found this at called it a naturally occurring black ring in the weather.

post-1-1073830716_thumb.jpg

Edited by icubud

Guest WaveCrest

Odd but very interesting indeed! Love the shade of blue in the sky. They could have used that on Unsolved Mysteries for a segment!