• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Elders (Admins)

Outstanding film!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

A classic mystery almost in the Hitchcock tradition. I have to admit I didn’t have it to watch (I thought I did, I’ve got the book) but I’ve seen it about 5 times.

But here the killer is purposely challenging the Detective. Ryhmes is vulnerable, reminiscent of Rear Window, which added to the suspense. The clues, however were vague and I don’t know how in real life you could put together a team of technical experts of this caliber. The resolution, in any event, came by chance.

I loved the ending credit song. Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush ‘Don’t give up’.

Sorry, it’s about time for me to rent it again. Unless it’s buried in my son’s room somewhere.

:ranting:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
A classic mystery almost in the Hitchcock tradition. I have to admit I didn’t have it to watch (I thought I did, I’ve got the book) but I’ve seen it about 5 times.

But here the killer is purposely challenging the Detective. Ryhmes is vulnerable, reminiscent of Rear Window, which added to the suspense. The clues, however were vague and I don’t know how in real life you could put together a team of technical experts of this caliber. The resolution, in any event, came by chance.

I loved the ending credit song. Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush ‘Don’t give up’.

Sorry, it’s about time for me to rent it again. Unless it’s buried in my son’s room somewhere.

:ranting:

Yes, great film, and I also was not able to view it last night, but for very different reasons. In my case, I had to go out and kill big fat roaches with my brother in law. Normally I have weekends off, but a very big customer of his needed us to go in after everyone was gone to hunt and kill roaches. It kind of sucked that we had to go on a Saturday, and so late at night (9 to 12 PM) but they had a party or something, and everyone was gone, so the only other option was for us to go on Thanksgiving eve. :nope: It was a creepy job because these weren't your typical little German roaches, but rather big old American Roaches, which get to be about an inch long. :eyes:

Anyways, back to the subject matter at hand. As far as I can remember, I have only seen the movie once, and I loved it. I am definitely due to see it again, and it's a shame I was occupied last night. :down: By the way, I also love the end song by Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel. I am a long time fan of Kate Bush. Her voice is so amazing and distinctive that she not only has a large body of work on her own, but is very often sought after for background vocals.

She nailed it on that song! I’ll have to check out more of her stuff.

your excuse is better than mine. I hope you were properly armed. A Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon maybe?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
She nailed it on that song! I’ll have to check out more of her stuff.

your excuse is better than mine. I hope you were properly armed. A Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon maybe?

No, unfortunately just a can of pyrethrum (sp?), but it seemed to do the trick... As great as Kate Bush is, she is one of my secondary favorites. In other words, she is not in my top 10 or so artists. While all of her albums are worthy efforts, some of them don't really work for me, and from my point of view, she has one or two good songs on most of her albums that I like, and most of the rest are only so so. Therefore, if you are looking to check out some of her stuff, I recommend her CD "The Whole Story", which is pretty much a greatest hits and has a very strong concentration of what I consider to be her best stuff. I also really liked "The Sensual World", which came out in 1989, and has all newer songs than the ones in "The Whole Story". After this, I am kind of luke warm on her newer albums, but I'm sure her rabid fans have loved them. She is worth checking out for sure though.

so i take it that the MilleniuM Movie Club members didnt watch the movie last night. I am so dissapointed. I did and i loved it. Its probably my 3/4th time watching it. I think Angelina also done a great acting job. Most of the movie was very dark and disturbing at times

No, unfortunately just a can of pyrethrum (sp?), but it seemed to do the trick... As great as Kate Bush is, she is one of my secondary favorites. In other words, she is not in my top 10 or so artists. While all of her albums are worthy efforts, some of them don't really work for me, and from my point of view, she has one or two good songs on most of her albums that I like, and most of the rest are only so so. Therefore, if you are looking to check out some of her stuff, I recommend her CD "The Whole Story", which is pretty much a greatest hits and has a very strong concentration of what I consider to be her best stuff. I also really liked "The Sensual World", which came out in 1989, and has all newer songs than the ones in "The Whole Story". After this, I am kind of luke warm on her newer albums, but I'm sure her rabid fans have loved them. She is worth checking out for sure though.

I did a little browsing on iTunes for her before and pretty much agree with you. It's rare I like everything from an artist, depends on my mood I guess. Thanks I'll take a second look at your recommendations.

so i take it that the MilleniuM Movie Club members didnt watch the movie last night. I am so dissapointed. I did and i loved it. Its probably my 3/4th time watching it. I think Angelina also done a great acting job. Most of the movie was very dark and disturbing at times

Angelina does a good job with those types of roles. Either dysfunctional teen or troubled suicidal cop. You get the impression she's a little 'off' in real life sometimes.

Who isn't, I guess?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines