NEW MEMBERS: WELCOME/STARTING-UP

Guest se7en

Another newbie here!

I actually missed seeing the show in its original run because I was living in South Korea at the time. While there, my roommate & I signed up for cable and I discovered Millennium; they were about halfway into the second season there while the third season was showing in the States. So I was majorly disappointed to get back here and find that it wasn't on anymore. I caught a few more episodes on FX; what little they showed.

I've finally gotten to see the whole series through the DVDs and it has been worth every penny. What an amazing show....

• 1 month later...
Guest Jedi Master Shadow

New member here. Let's see...my history with Millenium? At the time it was airing, I wasn't much of a TV watcher - too busy with college and my fiance at the time. I did see one episode while it was in "first run" on Fox - ironically, it was Nostalgia, the last episode before the two-part series finale. I enjoyed it, but didn't watch the finale (probably a good thing, because boy would I have been lost).

A few years passed, and I caught another episode on cable channel FX - Jose Chung's Doomsday Device. LOVED that episode, being a fan of Jose Chung from the X-Files episode he appeared in. From there, my next contact with Millenium was at a rental store that had a VHS copy of Pilot and Gehenna. I rented it, ended up buying a used copy from that store, and promptly wore it out with multiple viewings. At that point, I was converted :ouro:, but had nowhere to get my Millenium fix.

You can imagine my excitement when I discovered that Season One was going to be released on DVD. I bought it the Tuesday it came out, and watched four episodes that night, even with a wife and two kids wanting my attention. Same pattern with Season Two, but I had to wait a few weeks to get Season Three. I just about had a stroke having to wait. Of course, in retrospect, since I ended up liking only half the season, I guess I could have waited a bit longer... I didn't like the obvious gloss-over they did with the deaths of 80% of the nation suddenly becoming about 70 people in the Northwest. But what could you do, I guess? The show must go on. Thankfully, I felt Millenium started to regain its footing as the season progressed, finishing with a great two-part finale. IMHO, the scene of Frank and Jordan driving off into the sunset is the perfect ending to the show, but of course, the chance to have Frank Black team with Mulder and Scully was too much to resist. Too bad Frank couldn't have come on board permanently to make up for Mulder's absence.

Anyway, that's my story of my Millenium conversion...I eagerly await the day I sign onto either this message board or a movie news site and see the words "Millenium movie announced" on my screen. That'll be the BEST. DAY. EVER. :swingin:

• Elders (Admins)

Hi!

Welcome to This Is Who We Are! Thanks for posting such a great introduction!

Since you love the show so much, you'll be pleased to know there are some fantastic fellow fans on here that will love to chat about the shows themes

Enjoy the Board!

Graham :ouro:

Guest Jedi Master Shadow
Hi!

Welcome to This Is Who We Are! Thanks for posting such a great introduction!

Since you love the show so much, you'll be pleased to know there are some fantastic fellow fans on here that will love to chat about the shows themes

Enjoy the Board!

Graham :ouro:

Thanks for the welcome, Graham!