Millenium LD from JAPAN

Rate this topic

Guest Queensryche

Guest Queensryche

Hi! I just became a member like 10 minutes ago, trying to figure out how I could post. I finally know how now! Anyways, I am from Japan, and Millenium has been very big in Japan. You almost see the VHS or LD at every rental movie stores. I found an interesting auction for you so I'm posting it here. It's not DVD but it's LD. It's in Japanese.

https://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d41451764

https://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e33139105

If I translate it for you, the first one is unopened Millenium season 2nd LD Box Set. The price right now is 10,000 yen, which is about 100 US dollars.

The second one is the same unopened Box Set of Season 3rd. The price is the same, about 100 US dollars.

They are both in English audio, but subtitled in Japanese.

This is the list of Millenium related things on Yahoo Auction Japan.

https://search4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp....5%A2%A5

E0&auccat=21964&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

I know it's in Japanese but if you click on the item, you'll see that you can almost collect all of the episodes on VHS pretty easily, or on LD if you pay a little more.

I'm still waiting for the official release from FOX Japan though. C'mon!

:tasty:  

Ok, it's good to meet you and take care!

Queensryche(my favorite band) from JAPAN

......ah,my babies! i'm  honoured,proud and LUCKY to own all 8 of these majestic box sets that comprises every ep of the series.   if you head on over to MDUK you can see a photo showcase in which the wonderful Sarah-Janes Redmond-(who played Lucy Butler/Legion)-autographed,BOTH "IN CHARACTER" AND HER REAL NAME!, all the LD sleeves in which she appeared.    ..also be on the lookout for an exclusive interview with her for the "TIWWA" book!

...thanks for pointing the auctions out and WELCOME!

~se7en :ouro:  :santa:

Guest LauraKrycek
Hello from America!  I'm so glad to see someone from Japan here!  I went to Japan for a few weeks in the summer of 2002, and I loved it.  It's an amazing place, and everyone there was so incredibly nice and helpful.  What part are you from?  I spent time in Biwa-Cho, Iida, and a few days in Tokyo.  I speak very little Japanese though, and I don't know how to spell any of it ("eki wa doko desu ka?").  Welcome to the Group!  Hope to see you joining in discussions in the future!

Hello from America!  I'm so glad to see someone from Japan here!  I went to Japan for a few weeks in the summer of 2002, and I loved it.  It's an amazing place, and everyone there was so incredibly nice and helpful.  What part are you from?  I spent time in Biwa-Cho, Iida, and a few days in Tokyo.  I speak very little Japanese though, and I don't know how to spell any of it ("eki wa doko desu ka?").  Welcome to the Group!  Hope to see you joining in discussions in the future!

.......HERE-HERE......I SECOND THAT SENTIMENT LAURA. And it's REALLY obvious that Japan has good taste in TV as it was VERY hard,especially with S2/3 to get copies of the box sets over to America! VERY HARD!   Your country was the laserdisc capital of the world. i think almost as many people had a laserdisc player as a did a VCR,no? -(i thought i read that somewhere.)

~HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

Guest Queensryche

Konnichiwa(Hello in Japanese)! Wow se7en, I checked your collection! Those LDs are amazing, I so envy you!  :tasty: It's almost impossible for me to meet those Millenium or The X Files casts/crews, they're not walking down the streets in Japan. Where do you live, se7en?

Umm, I don't think people in Japan have as many LD players as VCRs, but it sure was a popular format. Before DVD came out, LD was supposed to be the next generation's video player. It's getting hard to find LDs now, DVDs are more popular. Last month, my family bought a DVD recorder. It was about $500. You can play/record blank DVDs, just like VCRs. But the quality is amazing, and has more capacity(no rewinding either). LD is like BETA, and DVD is like VHS.  :wink:

That's great you came to Japan LauraKrycek! I've never been to America! I am from a city called KOUBE. It's the 5th biggest city in Japan. I don't know if you remember but we had a huge earthquake in 1995, more than 6000 people were killed. Most of the houses, including my house were destroyed. Now, everything is back. 1995 was a bad year for us, Frank mentions about "Sarin" gas in some episode(I forgot the name but it's in season 1) that it was used for terrorism act in subways in Tokyo. Yeah that shocked not only me but all of US. But I was more surprised when Frank mentioned it. I think Chris Carter has something about Japan.

Thank you and SAYONARA!

Queensryche from JAPAN

Guest LauraKrycek
That's great you came to Japan LauraKrycek! I've never been to America! I am from a city called KOUBE. It's the 5th biggest city in Japan. I don't know if you remember but we had a huge earthquake in 1995, more than 6000 people were killed. Most of the houses, including my house were destroyed. Now, everything is back. 1995 was a bad year for us, Frank mentions about "Sarin" gas in some episode(I forgot the name but it's in season 1) that it was used for terrorism act in subways in Tokyo. Yeah that shocked not only me but all of US. But I was more surprised when Frank mentioned it. I think Chris Carter has something about Japan.

Thank you and SAYONARA!

Ohaio goziamasu!  (I'm sure I butchered the spelling, LOL)

Yes, the use of the sarin gas was a terrible thing.  In the same vein, I was very surprised that in the recent British film "Love Actually" (which I saw two nights ago and it's FANTASTIC), they mention the WTC attack in the beginning of the movie.  First time I've heard anything said about it like that.

If Chris Carter DOES have something about Japan, maybe he'll come there and make a series or movie there someday!  Wouldn't THAT be cool?

Guest Pretender909

Hello Queensrych,

When does the auction go off? I have a good friend I work with from Japan, and perhaps he can help me with the auctions. I have two laserdisc players (one that plays DVDs) and I'd love to get these. Lasers rule!  Todd

Guest LauraKrycek
By using the ever-valuable service of Altavista Babelfish Translations, I have deciphered that they end on the evening of the 11th (don't forget the time change, though).

Guest Pretender909

Thanks Laura. I'll see if I can get those. Back when the show was on I wrote a letter to the tv show asking for photos and they sent me quite a stack of 8 1/2 x 11 color photos, and belive it or not, slides. I got into the habit of writing to tv shows for my then young daughter who thought it was cool that her dad could get her photos from her favorite shows. It started out as an attempt on my part to see if I could get her some (Lois & Clark was our show at the time) and then of course it was, "Dad, you have to get photos from this show".

Millenium was the only show I was ever inspired to write for myself. Oh yeah, I have a signed cast photo from the Paul Reiser/Helen Hunt show (title escapes me at the moment).

As for the others Laura, Julianne was probably my favorite odlly enough.

My daughter took me to see LOVE ACTUALLY last week, and it was very well done. I imagine the writer was inspired by scenes at airports after the events of 9-11. I thought those were some of the best scenes in the movie, at the airport.