Millenniums use of songs

Rate this topic

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Hi people! I'm real new to posting here. Be gentle!

I'm a major fan of Millennium's second season, and I loved the way songs were used in various episodes.

Before the 'Owls'/'Roosters' two parter, I didn't give a damn about America's 'Horse With No Name', yet because of the unforgettable scene in which it was used, I really dig it.

The same goes for the 'The Time Is Now' double header of 'In The Year 2525' and 'Horses'. I hadn't actually had heard of this songs before the episode, and in wake of watching it several times on tape, they've become my personal "cult" songs.

They really helped set an atmosphere and mood in the scenes, and made me believe the show was heading into an apocalyptic turn of events. Of course, the third season immediately dropped the ball, but thats another story...

Anyway, those three songs were, I think, the best used during Millenniums run.

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, MM's always had a great use of music.  I'm a huge Patti Smith fan now, and I'd never heard her before MM.  But yeah, they kinda let the ball drop in s3... when I think of s3, all I think about is "Backstreet's back, all right!"

welcomebluefairy.gif  Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well~

I agree completly about the wonderful choice of songs in various episodes of Millennium.  Hell, I'd never even heard of the guy who did "Love is Blue", but I couldn't get that sond out of my head for anything, and finaly asked a DJ who and what it was! :laugh_big:

Glad to have you here, and hope to have some of your Selfosopical influence soon! :thumbsup_big:

Don't Be Dark!

~Raven Wolf :xmas_ouro:

I bought a Bobby Darin box set during the show's second season.  Later, I even had to buy another Bobby Darin CD to ensure I had all of the songs that spanned across several episodes.  Believe me, "Gyp the Cat" and Goodbye Charlie" aren't on every Bobby Darin CD on the shelves.  These days, however, amazon.com allows even the Old Man himself to easily acquire any music available.

I also have a complete version of Wagner's Parsifal despite the fact that I am usually not much of an opera fan.  I do have loads of orchestral music, though, and Parsifal is more orchestral than vocal in comparison with most operas, thankfully.

While we're all petitioning to get MilleniuM officially released, what would be the chances of getting Mark Snow and Fox to release comprehensive editions of his music?

Guest amnesic
patti smith's dancing barefoot from the start of amnamnesis was excellent. the bit at the end of the song with smith talking over the chorus fit in perfectly with the ep.

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Thanks muchly for the welcome, Raven Wolf! Great to be here!

I've thought in the past that it would be cool for Chris Carter and co to release an album consisting of the songs from both X-Files and Millennium. Interesting line up it would be, for sure!

On the X-Files side there would be stuff like Moby's very cool "The Sky Is Broken" (from "All Things, an episode I thought was boring), Garbage's "Only Happy When It Rains" from "Terms Of Endearment"...and that oldy "Wonderful" made very creepy thanks to that utter classic episode "Home".

Moby's great.  I bought the album with "The Sky Is Broken" a couple of days after watching "All things".  It took me a little while to realise where i recognised the song from!

Mark Snow's own stuff is fantastic; i've played the last scene of 'Paper Dove' over and over again, I just love the music in that bit.

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

I'm a huge Moby fan...he's probably my favorite artist at the moment. I don't look house or trance music or whatever, but his stuff is so genre-bending.

I especially love his slower, more theatrical stuff like "God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters", which was used at the end of Heat when Pacino kills De Niro.

I've only watched "All Things" once, and at the time didn't know it was Moby...wasn't a fan until later. Hate to badmouth Gillian Anderson, but I thought that episode sucked...but at least she used Moby a bunch of times in it.

Hey, I've started to put together a CD of Millennium and X-Files songs now (not really much there on The X-Files side though), and I came up with a pretty decent CD cover...

Guest LauraKrycek

I love Moby!  His "Run On" was also used in an episode of Harsh Realm.  And, of course, "My Weakness" in XF's "Closure".  I bought "Play" almost immediately after that aired, and was overjoyed to hear "Run On", as I'd loved it when I heard it on HR and hadn't known what it was.  I also own his last album, which was also great (except that "Jam for the Ladies"), and one of his older ones, which I admit I've only listened to a couple of times, and a while ago at that, so I can't really comment on that one.

And I don't remember liking "all things" very much, but I've only seen it that once, so I can't really comment on that either.