Millenniums use of songs

Rate this topic

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Guest LauraKrycek

Aww, how cute.  Neither he *nor* his wife can get work, so they're making their own project.

Yeah, I'm so nice, I know.  :tongue:  I like that Tyler kid -- he's the one from "Road to Perdition".  And, of course, Robin Williams -- my favorite thing of his was "What Dreams May Come", which is such a beautiful movie.

Guest LauraKrycek

YEAH!  Thank you!!!! :thankx-big:  :sunglasses_big:   I LOVE that movie!

It's a fantastic film!  One of the few that still makes me cry *every* time.  Plus, it's so great to see Robin Williams showing the world that he *can* act, not just act stupid.  I don't care for Jim Carrey, but he was great in "The Truman Show", when he stopped acting like an idiot.  I like it when they prove that they could be famous for being *good* at what they do instead of just being fools.  And if Robin Williams, who I believe is completely certifiably insane, can pull those emotions out of me in a film, you know it's good.  The other film that makes me cry every time is "The Joy Luck Club".  That's another really good tearjerker.

Aww, how cute.  Neither he *nor* his wife can get work, so they're making their own project.

Yeah, I'm so nice, I know.  :tongue:  I like that Tyler kid -- he's the one from "Road to Perdition".  And, of course, Robin Williams -- my favorite thing of his was "What Dreams May Come", which is such a beautiful movie.

Laura, you and your sarcasm.    :laugh_big:   :laugh_big:

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who loved the imagery in What Dreams May Come)

yeah, backing slowly away from Robin Williams - though please continue to discuss...

Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well said about a page back:

Hell, Millennium did it with the old track 'Till Then' in the third season show "Matryoshka". They simply played again and again to the point it was freaking annoying (now I know how those kids in "Room With No View" felt!). Then again, that old show was a misfire. I loved the idea of Dean Winters being the hero, but the episode pretty much sucked...like too many episodes from that final year.

On their short-lived series The Others, M&W used that song, in the same repetitive manner. I can't recall the title right off but it also flashes back in time (not the jack the ripper one) to, WWII is it?; I can't recall exactly what happens but I do remember that the girl in the flashback might've worked on an assembly line or something, and her boyfriend was a soldier, he referenced the song 'till then' when talking to an older man about his gf, and Tucker Smallwood guest starred as (aarg, tapes 1700 miles away... can't recall...) either a guy in the flashback, an official, agent, or someone who contacted Marian - something about not seeing visions about a certain something, or maybe both, now that i think about it.

sorry for the almost complete lack of information... like i'll be saying until dec 17th... "I HATE FINALS" :arghhh-big:

ok, all better now.

Natalie  :bye-big:

sigh, stupid art history

sigh, stupid egyptian art

sigh, stupid archaeology paper - anybody wanna help me there?

sigh, stupid arabic (but not quite as stupid)

geez, i completely forgot the second part i was going to post:

I loved the idea of Dean Winters being the hero, but the episode pretty much sucked...like too many episodes from that final year.

I haven't seen Matroyshak in a while, but... is Dean Winters the hero of it? Was this another Ed Crocell appearence? Did I completely miss something? This is the problem watching the episdoes when you're a little, in my opinion, too young, they're incredibly out of order, and it's at least 1AM and at least half you attention is going to not getting caught  :eyes:.

Or was he there playing another character? I only rather recently started paying attention to some of MM's guests, unfortunately. I haven't seen all of Curse in a while and all I can think of is Cassidy talking with Frank (Cassidy was Winters's character on L&O:SVU for almost the first season - a lot of people think he was unjustly canned [which makes sense from one argument] but it seems to me he had a little trouble getting half his lines out without sounding like one of those dolls whose string you pull and they say something fascinating, and it also kind of works with the story, both in that they started with way more the requiste # of detectives [and are, it seems, slowly whittling away Munch and Fin], and in that Dick Wolf would want to truthfully portray [pound it in] to viewers how hard an assignment SVU is...)

But I'm incredibly off-track; just actually meant to ask if DW indeed shows up in MM again. I could look it up, but...

Natalie, who can't wait to go the 1700 miles to her almost complete but rabidly out of order MM tapes, and also to raise $ to consider purchasing the laserdisk copies... sigh

:Ouro_Large:  night, all

Guest LauraKrycek
On their short-lived series The Others, M&W used that song, in the same repetitive manner. I can't recall the title right off but it also flashes back in time (not the jack the ripper one) to, WWII is it?

The episode was "Till Then", actually -- great episode.  The song that they ended up playing as much\more in it, though, was "Comin' In On a Wing and a Prayer", which is a great song, if you can get the right version of it.  They talk in the episode about a certain version of it having "no soul", but really, there's a much better version of it by the Golden Gate Quartet that I always preferred.  Anyway... just wanted to say that *I* like the song "Till Then" and didn't think it was overused in either show.

And you had all that show info right, by the way.  Just thought you might like to know.

Guest LauraKrycek
I haven't seen Matroyshak in a while, but... is Dean Winters the hero of it? Was this another Ed Crocell appearence? Did I completely miss something?

Yep, Dean Winters is the hero, but he's not playing Crocell.  That would've been interesting, to see Crocell maybe back-in-the-day or something... never thought of that.  But no... "new character, same great actor!"

Guest LauraKrycek

Laura, you and your sarcasm.    :laugh_big:   :laugh_big:

I know, I know, I'm a horrible horrible mean person.  And I don't deny it for one second.   :tongue:

I know, I know, I'm a horrible horrible mean person.  And I don't deny it for one second.   :tongue:

Don't worry, you're not mean.   By the way, David is getting work in acouple of other movies that will be coming out in 2004 (Connie and Carla, and the currently filming My Dark Places where David D plays author James Ellroy I think Tea Leoni does still does some acting while raising the Duchovny brood.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell