Millenniums use of songs

Rate this topic

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Guest LauraKrycek
Eh, I don't care about either of them, really... I liked David as Mulder, but never much cared for him as a person as he always came off as a jerk when interviewed.  And I've only seen Tea in a few things, but haven't liked one yet.  That very short-lived show she had on NBC ("The Naked Truth") was okay, but no winner.

Eh, I don't care about either of them, really... I liked David as Mulder, but never much cared for him as a person as he always came off as a jerk when interviewed.  And I've only seen Tea in a few things, but haven't liked one yet.  That very short-lived show she had on NBC ("The Naked Truth") was okay, but no winner.

The Naked Truth wasn't bad (watched most of the show in reruns on USA).   I have to agree with you on both actors sine David D seems limited in range and most of the characters Tea plays in movies just annoy me (Deep Impact for instance).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Yep, I saw Naked Truth the same way.  Some people related her to Lucille Ball, but I never much cared for her either, so they weren't saying much to me, LOL.

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Tea has her moments, I think. She was great in Flirting With Disaster, and was one of the best things about Bad Boys, but she wasn't convincing in Deep Impact or Jurassic Park III.

Plus the pearls get damn tiresome!

Going back to the 'Matryoshka' episode of Millennium, Dean Winters played FBI agent Michael Lanyard in the 40s. Interestingly enough, we briefly see Lanyard as an old man in the present. In that scene, he's played by Wally Dalton...who played the demon who falls in love with the stripper in the BRILLIANT 'Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me' episode. Barbara Bain is also in it.

In case anyones interested, I have a summary and review for this episode at my lil Millennium site. Heres the review link:

https://www.geocities.com/ecrehash/MatView.html

Dean Winters is pretty cool. I've always like him as Ryan on Oz, and I thought he was great on Special Victims Unit too.

(Getting a little off track here...) Its interesting how Oz and SVU share some of the same actors; Christopher Meloni and Winters were doing both shows at the same time, and then the producers brought in B.D. Wong, another Oz star. Plus they used J.K. Simmons (nazi Vern) as shrink Skoda a few times, although hes more of a Law & Order recurring character.

SVU is a pretty good show, but its way more melodramatic than Law & Order or Criminal Intent. Its an uneven series, and the endless stream of child molestors and serial rapists is pretty damn oppressive after a while.

Okay...this has NOTHING to do with Millennium's music, but what the hell...

Okay...this has NOTHING to do with Millennium's music, but what the hell...

Yeah, and neither does this...  :cool-big: SITE, man! :thumbsup_big:  Would you like to exchange links?  I've got a few, from when I went in search of other MM sites, but I don't recognize that URL, so I don't know if I have yours yet.

Also, the enigmatic Selfosophy Psycho has transferred ownership of his Yahoo group,  Selfosophy Forum and his site, Selfosophy Institute.  I invite you to look around, and give any selfisphical advice you have.

*Don't Be Dark!*

~Raven Wolf :xmas_ouro:

. . . . and to continue a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with Millennium Music (sorry):

Has anyone seen The Family Man?  i really liked that film, Tea Leoni is great in it, but i think she's a good actress. She can do serious roles and comedy.  I liked The Naked Truth.

I feel obliged to say something about Millennium Music.  Hmm . . . oh, I give up!

Guest LauraKrycek
. . . . and to continue a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with Millennium Music (sorry):

Has anyone seen The Family Man?  i really liked that film, Tea Leoni is great in it, but i think she's a good actress. She can do serious roles and comedy.  I liked The Naked Truth.

I feel obliged to say something about Millennium Music.  Hmm . . . oh, I give up!

S'alright, as I'm sure you've seen, off-topic is our favorite topic of conversation!

I haven't seen The Family Man, but I've heard good things about it.  I meant to watch it when it came on TV a few weeks ago, but I forgot about it.  I'll see that one of these days, though.

Yep, I definitely recommend watching it.  Well worth it.  Its a romantic story with out the need for a sick bucket.

I was going to post this in another topic, but this is a better topic:

I was thinking about some of the music used in The X-files and Millennium.  The 'Red Right Hand' song by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds was used, I beleive, in both Millennium and the X-files (Duane Barry).  Am I right?  I think I remember it in a millennium episode - would be first season if it was.  On the other hand, I could have seen it in a completely unconnected film/ TV Show.  Now I'm waffling.

Are there any (other) songs used in both series, does anyone know?