DNA:  It's What's For Dinner

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek

love the 'ask another doctor' - 'you saw this on TV'

My parents are doctors, and occasionally, esp. my father, would come home with a story about some patient, wanting meds or something... some of them are rather crazy, but he knows how to handle 'em. it is really scary that most health information is culled from the TV. the FDA won't even let advertisers say what a product is designed to treat or prevent for a year...

Not only that, but Enya's Sail Away as the bg - ironically perfect. Anyone know if this was ever their liscened song?

Natalie, who has recently discovered enya as a means of non-prescriptive escape... apply liberally, but don't over do.

Guest LauraKrycek

I have a friend who was on antidepressants for awhile.  He realized he was depressed after seeing one of those commercials that asks "Are you feeling..." and realized he felt every one of the symptoms, so he went to the doctor for a screening, and sure enough, he was depressed.  So I guess the commercials *can* be good for something (though honestly I wish he was still on medication -- maybe then he wouldn't be so difficult!).

And I love Enya!  I grew up with her.  It's bugged me that all of these people suddenly discovered her because she did songs for movies in the last couple of years for the first time in a long time, and she actually had her first ever TV appearance and was played regularly on the radio.  I wanted to be like "I knew about her years ago, why didn't you?!?" :tongue:

LOL!  That was so funny!  I loved the part about asking your doctor again and again until he relented, and if he didn't, ask another doctor.  Embrace the joys of medication! :grin2:

....yeah,it seems quite a few need to embrace it in this world!

~se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

Guest LauraKrycek
I hearrrrd that!  A lot of people here, luckily, realize that some people just *need* medication.  Unfortunately, though, some of them are still stuck in that way of thinking that whatever's wrong is best corrected by leaving it and letting the body take care of imbalances and whatnot on its own.  I say, noooo!  Some people just *need* antidepressants or whatever.  I know too many crazies to think otherwise.