Chris Carter the Songwriter?

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Actually I still like to listen to that Sheryl Crow song.  I may not care for her first album (I think every Sheryl Crow album (after the first album) are better than the first album (which was meh)).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

....crow is by far my favorite female singer/songwritet out there. that title used to belong to Sarah McLahlan but mother hood seems to have turned her into a balladeer,which is kinda unfortunate.    ...seeing crow live is an awesome experience in good old rock and roll.-(she always seems to do at least one "WHO" song during her show,so she has good taste as well :smokin: )  

...it's funny,i'm not a huge fan of her first "REAL" record either but i just bought her greatest hits-(with 2-incredible new songs including a simply stunning homage to George Harrison called "light in your eyes".)-and i keep listenning to "all i wanna do" which i used to f***ing HATE because they played it TO DEATH back in 94. my favorite crow album has to be 1996's"SHERYL CROW",there is literally not one song on the album,err,"CD" that i don't love. i still love playing it during the spring/summer months.

~my 7-cents worth,

se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

I think I even may have part of a Sheryl crow TV appearance from "Sessions At West 54th" which was a studio concert series that once aired on PBS.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who also has most of a "Tori Amos" episode of West 54th on tape in addition to most of Joe Jackson's appearance on West 54th)

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, that overplaying of her songs is one reason I'm not a big fan.  I think that's why I don't get into a lot of popular artists; I just get *way* too sick of hearing them non-stop on the radio.  My favorite female vocalists would have to be Cerys Matthews, formerly of the Welsh band Catatonia (which X-Philes might know of because of their song "Mulder and Scully", which is only okay when compared with some of their other fantastic songs) and Bree Sharp, who I obviously also first heard of because of X-Files.  Like I said before, a whole lot of my favorite musicians, I came to know through 1013.

Guest LauraKrycek
I grew up listening pretty much to classical music, Beatles, and the Four Seasons, with a little Osmonds thrown in, so I didn't hear any of the indie or lesser-known artists.  I have some memories of my mom watching MTV when I was little, but what I remember from that is Paula Abdul dancing with the cat and Walk Like an Egyptian.  So I discovered many new groups\musicians through 1013, of which I'm incredibly thankful.