Lucy Butler???

Rate this topic

Guest Regan MacNeil

Guest Regan MacNeil

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times but what was the deal with Lucy Butler? First, in Lamentation, we learn that she had a child who died and that she had been accused of his murder. Then, in Antipas, she claims that Divina is her daughter. Also in that episode she is impregnated by Frank and then loses the baby. Then, in Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, there's that evil little boy (I forget his name) who has the same name as a little boy who had died in the womb. At the end of that episode, the boy's face briefly changes into Lucy Butler's. Who was Lucy Butler and what was she up to? Also, how does A Room With No View fit in to all this?

Here's MY theory. Lucy Butler was the devil and she was sort of "harvesting" children, turning them evil in preparation for armaggedon at the turn of the millennium. This sort of fits with A Room With No View because she was brainwashing all those teenagers who were going to somehow better mankind, like she was getting rid of the "good" children and creating more "bad" children. I don't know, that's just my theory. I would be interested to hear what you guys thought was going on with Lucy.

• 5 weeks later...

Whoa! I didn't notice this thread. A little while ago, I just posted a "whatever happened to Lucy Butler" thread.

I think the theory of her harvesting children for some sort of future agenda makes loads of sense. First of all, she had a baby in the years prior the time of the episode, and had killed it. Makes you wonder if she realized it would not serve her purposes. Then, in Lamentations, she was wanted to have a baby with Ephriam Fabricant. No doubt because she felt that his pathological sadistic serial killer DNA would be the perfect mix with her evil nature/DNA in order to conceive a truly evil child. All of this ties in with the Old Man's statement: "Serial killers, mass murderers, it's all genetics. Inevitability. You have no idea about... true evil." Also, it ties in with the child in "Monster", and the the discussions that Laura and Frank had in that episode about a generation of sociopathic children, devoid of conscience, etc.

The next thing that give credence to the "Lucy-child-harvesting" idea is the fact that Lucy had kidnapped exceptional high school teenagers, and was trying to alter their psyche, so they would accept being ordinary - perhaps breaking them, in order to control them for some future purpose.

Then there is the Antipas episode, where she involves herself as a nanny for a child of a governor. She apparently changed this child in some way through both her nurturing manipulations, and when the "snake" devour the child whole. I think the child was transformer or altered toward some evil purpose by this whole process.

And then her appearance in Saturn Deaming of (I think that was the one), associated her with that boy, as has been mentioned.

And then, if you want to really take it a step further, look at the Group activites/experiments with regard to genetics, cloning, and neurological/neurochemical behavioral control (most apparent in season 3). Was the group perhaps aware that Legion/evil was using genetics and breeding in someway? Was this part of their reason for such experimentation, with an eye toward combatting evils future purposes in this regard? Or was their experimentation with such things part of the infiltration of Legion that the Group had become vulnerable to because of their own fear and lust for power and control?

I think their is huge grounds for this idea.