Greetings from Colombia!

Guest Skin Dancer

Guest Skin Dancer

Hi people!

My name is Francisco and I live in Bogotá, Colombia. Millennium was transmitted here in south america in the 1997 (roughly), but the episodes were not transmitted in order,so one could got lost easily. Since then, I loved the grim darkness that surrounded each one of the characters, the sense of hopelessly fight against forces so mighty that thay can crush humanity, but the sheer initiative, wisdom and profound commitment to light that Frank shows in each episode are astonishing, and to certain degree, motivational (in a more real sense). The spanish traduction is a little bad, but the voices are superb (for those of you that have the series in DVD, have a listen and enjoy!).

For me, Millennium and Twin Peaks are the best TV shows ever. I am also a big fan of David Lynch, and I dream of a Millennium episode directed by Lynch. That could be really scary.

Here in Bogotá Millennium was not viewed by many people, because some tought the show was very confusing and many other were more fan to the X-files and believed Millennum a "bad copy" (of course I refuted this with those who said that kind of nonsense). I truly prefer Millennum to the x-files.

Well, get a big hug from Colombia. I will bevery grateful to discuss with you about ourfavority TV show.

:oneeyedwinK

Welcome Skin Dancer. I have heard of the out of order episodes that other countries are notorious for. My wifes family is from Brazil and they tell me about the out of order episodes of the X-files.

Hope you enjoy this community. There is alot here. Lots of Fan-Fiction and movie discussions on movies that are similar to our fav. series.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hi people!

My name is Francisco and I live in Bogotá, Colombia. Millennium was transmitted here in south america in the 1997 (roughly), but the episodes were not transmitted in order,so one could got lost easily. Since then, I loved the grim darkness that surrounded each one of the characters, the sense of hopelessly fight against forces so mighty that thay can crush humanity, but the sheer initiative, wisdom and profound commitment to light that Frank shows in each episode are astonishing, and to certain degree, motivational (in a more real sense). The spanish traduction is a little bad, but the voices are superb (for those of you that have the series in DVD, have a listen and enjoy!).

For me, Millennium and Twin Peaks are the best TV shows ever. I am also a big fan of David Lynch, and I dream of a Millennium episode directed by Lynch. That could be really scary.

Here in Bogotá Millennium was not viewed by many people, because some tought the show was very confusing and many other were more fan to the X-files and believed Millennum a "bad copy" (of course I refuted this with those who said that kind of nonsense). I truly prefer Millennum to the x-files.

Well, get a big hug from Colombia. I will bevery grateful to discuss with you about ourfavority TV show.

:oneeyedwinK

Wow, Skin Dancer, I wonder if you are a long lost brother of mine that I never met. :oneeyedwinK On a serious note, I share all of your thoughts. I also prefer Millennium to X-files, although both were outstanding. If I had to rank my all time favorites, they would probably be 1. Millennium, 2. X-files, 3. Twin Peeks. These are the three shows that I have really become fanatical about, although there have been many more great ones over the years, for example, NYPD Blue. Millennium, X-files and Twin Peeks, however, were in a league of there own and brilliantly conceived by David Lynch and Chris Carter. They were fresh, original, and completely unlike anything we had seen on TV before them. In addition to being great shows conceptually, they gave us some of my favorite characters of all time, starting with Frank Black, my personal favorite, then Mulder, Scully, Agent Cooper, and then a long list of great supporting actors, such as Peter Watts, Agent Skinner, Sheriff Truman (Twin Peeks), and so on. Anyways, welcome to the forum, oh, and sorry you had to watch Millennium out of sequence.

Guest SouthernCelt
Wow, Skin Dancer, I wonder if you are a long lost brother of mine that I never met. :oneeyedwinK On a serious note, I share all of your thoughts. I also prefer Millennium to X-files, although both were outstanding. If I had to rank my all time favorites, they would probably be 1. Millennium, 2. X-files, 3. Twin Peeks. These are the three shows that I have really become fanatical about, although there have been many more great ones over the years, for example, NYPD Blue. Millennium, X-files and Twin Peeks, however, were in a league of there own and brilliantly conceived by David Lynch and Chris Carter. They were fresh, original, and completely unlike anything we had seen on TV before them. In addition to being great shows conceptually, they gave us some of my favorite characters of all time, starting with Frank Black, my personal favorite, then Mulder, Scully, Agent Cooper, and then a long list of great supporting actors, such as Peter Watts, Agent Skinner, Sheriff Truman (Twin Peeks), and so on. Anyways, welcome to the forum, oh, and sorry you had to watch Millennium out of sequence.

Say, MIB, you beat me to the punch on saying that I'm right in there on my favorites; however, I'm not sure about that 'Twin Peeks' you mention. What were you trying get peeks at? If you watch 'Fire Walk With Me' you can get some really good views of what most people would be 'peeking' at! :bigsmile::smokin:

Welcome Skin Dancer, hope you enjoy the board. There are a lot of hard core Millennium freaks here, some of which spread their admiration around to all the Chris Carter/1013 productions. I am a bit curious about your board name -- I'm familiar with the Native American 'Skin Walker' mythos but I've never heard the term 'Skin Dancer' . Care to elaborate?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Say, MIB, you beat me to the punch on saying that I'm right in there on my favorites; however, I'm not sure about that 'Twin Peeks' you mention. What were you trying get peeks at? If you watch 'Fire Walk With Me' you can get some really good views of what most people would be 'peeking' at! :bigsmile::smokin:

Welcome Skin Dancer, hope you enjoy the board. There are a lot of hard core Millennium freaks here, some of which spread their admiration around to all the Chris Carter/1013 productions. I am a bit curious about your board name -- I'm familiar with the Native American 'Skin Walker' mythos but I've never heard the term 'Skin Dancer' . Care to elaborate?

LOL, yes that's one of those words (peeks) that I am always misspelling. I hate those words like steel/steal, meet/meat etc. that are always tripping me up, especially in my old age with my memory starting to fail me.

Guest SouthernCelt
LOL, yes that's one of those words (peeks) that I am always misspelling. I hate those words like steel/steal, meet/meat etc. that are always tripping me up, especially in my old age with my memory starting to fail me.

Just 'jerking your chain' a bit. :bigsmile: Such misspellings are easy to have happen...and spell check won't catch 'em!

Guest Skin Dancer

Hi SouthernCelt, JoeM, teh Old Man and MillenniumisBliss! Thank you very much for your warm welcome, and it´s very nice to see another fan of Twin Peaks (or "peeks"? heheheh, misspelling mistakes a re very common when your native language is not english!). Also, thanks for the "sorry" about viewing Millennium in disorder. Do you believe I believed Via Dolorosa as an episode of the second season? Well, so it is with colombian TV (which is filled with mexican soap-operas, and they are the worst thing you can ever see, believe me).

Well, I´ll be around in the forums. I like very much the idea of discussing Millennium!

c-ya