Hi everybody!

Guest Baldrick

Guest Baldrick

Hi, I am new member in this forum and also in the community. I would like to give my opinion about the series and seasons 1 and 2, because I have not seen season 3 yet, nevertheless I have the DVDs at home and I will see it soon.

first of all, MM is undoubtely one of the best TV series that I can remember. The best for me is season 1, even though there is too much related to serial killers, which in the end could be boring and predictable. The dialogues are different from any other series I have ever seen, much more "deep", to say a word. In fact I find many dialogues in series "empty". The atmosphere is dark, dark and dark. I find this season really great, Catherine has not so much time in the episodes but its role is crucial to keep Frank's sanity ok. In a few words, OUTSTANDING. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

When I started watching season 2, I was a bit confussed about what was going on. But in the end I realized that season 2 dealt with evil itself in its various forms, which i find very interesting and also with the concept that not all that seems evil should be evil (Goodbye Charlie). I never understood why Frank and Catherine split, and the religious background of the group did not fit at all. In the end they became fanatics. However, I also think that the MM group, having access to such a huge amount of information about everybody and everything, should have connectios with really very influent people and in the end these connections tend to be also obscure. Anyway, the end of season 2 (last 2 episodes) is very good, although the ending is a bit strange (virus appearing 13 years ago once and then reappears much bigger and in the whole world). This aspect should have been explained a bit more.

After reading about the series, It is a pity there was no season four (strange reasons to remove it). I am sure season 3 will be good as well.

Guest Skin Dancer

Hi Baldric!

Well, we both are new members, and it´s very nice to see other opinions.

Indeed, season one is very profound, much like the Murder Mistery it shows. Only in the Pilot and in Lamentations there are hints of the supernatural threat ever present in season two, that in overalll theme is very different to season one. If you like most seasojn one, without doubt you will enjoy season 3, albeit the beginning is more confusing than the extraordinaire season 2 finale.

On the Frank-Catherine divorce: well, I think that when your mate has such a grim work, has to be out of home for such long periods of time, and you see how he/she kill another guy (who kidnapped you in a very nasty way) in a burst of rage you haven´t seen in him... well, that makes you think about your relationship (moreso when you have a little girl who might be in danger).

And yes, the Millennium group is nasty. How nasty are they, you will see in season 3. But they are a perfect model of a secret society. Simply awesome.

You will see the final season and the final episode very interesting. :rock2:

Guest Moriarty
Hi, I am new member in this forum and also in the community. I would like to give my opinion about the series and seasons 1 and 2, because I have not seen season 3 yet, nevertheless I have the DVDs at home and I will see it soon.

first of all, MM is undoubtely one of the best TV series that I can remember. The best for me is season 1, even though there is too much related to serial killers, which in the end could be boring and predictable. The dialogues are different from any other series I have ever seen, much more "deep", to say a word. In fact I find many dialogues in series "empty". The atmosphere is dark, dark and dark. I find this season really great, Catherine has not so much time in the episodes but its role is crucial to keep Frank's sanity ok. In a few words, OUTSTANDING. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

When I started watching season 2, I was a bit confussed about what was going on. But in the end I realized that season 2 dealt with evil itself in its various forms, which i find very interesting and also with the concept that not all that seems evil should be evil (Goodbye Charlie). I never understood why Frank and Catherine split, and the religious background of the group did not fit at all. In the end they became fanatics. However, I also think that the MM group, having access to such a huge amount of information about everybody and everything, should have connectios with really very influent people and in the end these connections tend to be also obscure. Anyway, the end of season 2 (last 2 episodes) is very good, although the ending is a bit strange (virus appearing 13 years ago once and then reappears much bigger and in the whole world). This aspect should have been explained a bit more.

After reading about the series, It is a pity there was no season four (strange reasons to remove it). I am sure season 3 will be good as well.

Hey Baldrick. First of all, welcome to this community. Very nice and intelligent people here. I completely agree with your toughts about season 1 and 2. It will be interesting to see what you think about the third sesaon once you have seen it. Something else, your nickname, is it from Blackadder? You know, the hilarious tv-series with Rowan Atkinson.

Guest SouthernCelt

Welcome, Baldrick. Yes, Seasons one and two were somewhat diferent in the context of the continuing story line vis-a-vis the Millennium Group and the supernatural/religious aspects of the evil presented. There has been much discussion on the board about this dichotomy of plot lines and most agree the second season's shift occurred because of Morgan and Wong taking over for Chris Carter while he spent time on the X-Files movie and other 1013 productions. My personal favorite is Season 2, primarily because of my fascination with the religious aspects of evil; however, I also liked the other seasons. Season 3 also takes the Group to different places and really turns them into the bad guys in the whole mytharc. Rather than repeat a lot of stuff already posted here in older threads, I'll let you find time to read some of those discussions for yourself. The Old Man promises us that everything ever posted that otherwise complied with board policies is still here somewhere so use the search function for some key word searches to see some of the older postings.

Glad to have you on the board.

Guest Baldrick

I would like to thank you for the welcome.

Yes, Baldrick name comes from Blackadder Series, another masterpiece in TV. i will take some time to read through messages and get more information and comments about MM.