Your favourite Millennium episodes

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest F_Black

Hi. New here.

I didn't see any mention of 'Goodbye, Charlie'. That was one of my favorites. It had good black humor ("They say you can't eat just one. . ."), funny repartee between Frank and Lara ("Act depressed. You should be good at that." "I'm not depressed, just quiet."), and some really intense scenes, namely the one in the interrogation room.

Others that come to mind:

Hand of Saint Sebastian

Luminary

Convenant

Midnight of the Century

Edited by F_Black

Guest LauraKrycek
Hi. New here.

I didn't see any mention of 'Goodbye, Charlie'. That was one of my favorites. It had good black humor ("They say you can't eat just one. . ."), funny repartee between Frank and Lara ("Act depressed. You should be good at that." "I'm not depressed, just quiet."), and some really intense scenes, namely the one in the interrogation room.

Hey, "Goodbye, Charlie" was definitely on mine! I love that episode! There's also the wonderful Lara Means quote:

"I can't imagine [committing suicide], doctor-assisted or otherwise. Life is too interesting, no matter what the problem."

Guest F_Black

Ah yes, I see that now. That episode was chock full of great lines. It also got me into Bobby Darin in a major way. I'd always liked Mack the Knife, but after they played 'Goodbye Charlie' at the end I went out and bought "That's All" (which actually doesn't have that song on it) on CD and just loved it. I've ended up with half a dozen Darin CDs.

It was also a particularly good episode because it really didn't have a definite closure with it. We still don't know if Steven Kiley was evil or not. He seemed to provide these people with a 'dignified' exit and correctly knew they were terminally ill, but we're still left to decide (much as Frank and Lara kept talking about) whether he was an agent for good or evil. And on top of that, we don't know what the Group's involvement was. What did they know about him (Kiley)?

I'm also guessing Kiley. . .sorta went into "that other plane" at the end and somehow ended up in the painting? That bit confused me.

Edited by F_Black

Guest chrisnu

I'm definitely a big fan of "Goodbye Charlie" also; it's just not one of my absolute favorites. Tucker Smallwood did a great job with a much larger role than he had in the XF episode "Home", which was also great. I've also noticed that other XF actors did an excellent job with larger roles in MLM episodes. For example, "The Well-Worn Lock".

Edited by chrisnu

Guest LauraKrycek

Yeah, I love Tucker Smallwood. He was great on S:AAB as well... him and James Morrisson ::swoons::

I agree that the lack of closure was something that made the episode so good. I like being left wondering about things, day and even weeks later. It's good for things to make you question, I think. I like to be left to imagine the outcome for myself.

I thought him appearing in the painting was just kinda weird, though :angry: :grin2:

Guest F_Black

The one thing that kind of irritated me about the episode was the bodies in the morgue. I really don't buy the idea that they packed up and closed a hospital but somehow "forgot" two bodies. Unless there was something in it that I missed whereby Kiley somehow managed to arrange that they be left there.

And you know, it took me until the third time watching it to figure out that the motel desk clerk was the one in the encounter group at the end and that she was tipping him off as to when the police were arriving.

Oooo, forgot to mention Kingdom Come. I really like that one, too, especially the end in the church. I thought the dialog between FB and the gunman guy was excellent.

Edited by F_Black

Guest LauraKrycek
The one thing that kind of irritated me about the episode was the bodies in the morgue. I really don't buy the idea that they packed up and closed a hospital but somehow "forgot" two bodies. Unless there was something in it that I missed whereby Kiley somehow managed to arrange that they be left there.

And you know, it took me until the third time watching it to figure out that the motel desk clerk was the one in the encounter group at the end and that she was tipping him off as to when the police were arriving.

True about "forgetting" the bodies. Maybe Kiley *did* "arrange" for them to be left there; that does make sense.

And yeah, I realized about the clerk tipping him off about the cops... but I didn't notice that she was in the group at the end. Well spotted! I'll have to watch that one again (oh darn).

I'm definitely a big fan of "Goodbye Charlie" also; it's just not one of my absolute favorites. Tucker Smallwood did a great job with a much larger role than he had in the XF episode "Home", which was also great. I've also noticed that other XF actors did an excellent job with larger roles in MLM episodes. For example, "The Well-Worn Lock".

Tucker Smallwood was great in that episode and just made that episode so great indeed.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest F_Black

I also thought it was interesting how they played Kiley as kind of a dork (published in Ladies' Home Journal?) but at other times he was very serious and empathetic, such as when he was describing the old woman who he gave a tracheotomy to.

They seemed to have taken some artistic license with the Bobby Darin parts of the story, too. He didn't actually stop having heart surgeries, but died during an operation to fix valves that had been implanted in his heart, probably due to septicemia from a visit to the dentist. But hey, why quibble.

Smallwood is showing up in some episodes of Enterprise now, by the way. Hard to tell under all the alien makeup (he's a "Xindi") but you can recognize the voice easily.