Your favourite Millennium episodes

Guest WaveCrest

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

I didn't want to clog up the board with another fave episode type thread, so I thought I'd tack this idea on to this already existing one:

Desert Island Episodes.

Trapped on a desert island with only a portable DVD player and one DVD-r of 4 episodes of Millenium for company, which eps would you choose? I don't think this means the same thing as 'favourite episodes'; for example, if all your fave eps were 'killer of the week' episodes you might, you might want to balance it with a meditative s2 episode...

What I'm trying to say is, what eps would you choose in order to retain an adequate memory of the series as a whole?

My sleep-deprived opinion:

1. Luminary (in fitting with the whole desert island thing, I guess)

2. The Mikado (laughs, shocks, and everything else)

[Jeez, this is harder than I thought!]

3. Midnight of The Century (for when your'e sad and lonely)

4. ??????? (I can't do it!!!)

So very sleepy,

PMO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diet of Worms

Please consider this as my candidate list for my favorite episodes (narrowing it down is difficult to say the least):

Powers, Principalites, Thrones and Dominions

Marantha

Midnight of the Century

Luminary

The Time Is Now (A better series finale I believe than actual finale in season three - when they said seventy or so people died during the recounting of events in 'The Sound of Snow,' I felt strangely disappointed... don't get me wrong; I was more than pleased to see another season of my fovorite show, but it was like watching Bobby get out of the shower on Dallas...)

Sound of Snow

Favorite of all..? The one representative episode I've shown to scores of people in order to introduce them to all the mystery, the beauty, the Greatness..?

Anamnesis (and I HATE that Frank's not even central to it, but I think it's at the heart of all the show became...)

Guest chrisnu
Desert Island Episodes.

Trapped on a desert island with only a portable DVD player and one DVD-r of 4 episodes of Millenium for company, which eps would you choose? I don't think this means the same thing as 'favourite episodes'; for example, if all your fave eps were 'killer of the week' episodes you might, you might want to balance it with a meditative s2 episode...

An interesting twist. :ouro:

1) "The Thin White Line"

2) "The Curse Of Frank Black"

3) "The Mikado"

4) "Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defense'"

Life could be pretty downbeat, stranded on a desert island.

It has been a long time since I've seen Season One, but from memory, episodes that standout for me are:

Pilot

The Well Worn Lock

Covenant

Broken World

As for Season Two, which I saw recently on Sci-Fi UK, I wasn't too impressed by what Morgan & Wong had done (I'll elaborate more on this in a future topic). However, standout episodes for me were:

Monster

Midnight Of The Century

Goodbye, Charlie

Luminary

The Mikado

In Arcadia Ego

And finally, Season Three, which I again saw recently on Sci-Fi UK. I grew to love this season as it went on, and standout episodes for me were:

Borrowed Time

Collateral Damage

The Sound Of Snow

Darwin's Eye

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye To All That

• Elders (Admins)

This is another great Topic, thanks PMO and welcome to Gary and Diet of Worms (bloody great name!) too!

I'll have to think about this one as it offers a different slant to things... :thinking_big:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Jeez, still can't decide. Why, oh why did I come up with such a torture?

All my fave eps are in Season2, but I think maybe I'd like a S1 episode, just to remind me of where it all started. Trouble is, there are so many good eps in Season1, too. Could someone help fill my gap (er, so to speak)?

Gary, I too didn't like the direction of s2, back when it first aired, but now its my absolute favourite... Maybe, like me, you just need to give it, you know, 5 years or so!

Diet of Worms? And I thought MY username was difficult! :eyes:

Guest A Stranger

My favorites, though I do realize to a certain point most MM fans share the same favorites...

Season One:

The Pilot

Dead Letters

The Well Worn Lock

The Wild and the Innocent

The Thin White Line

Covenant

Lammentation

Powers, Prinicipalities, Thrones, and Dominions

Maranatha

Season Two:

The Curse of Frank Black

Midnight of the Century

Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense

The Mikado

Luminary

In Arcadia Ego

Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me

The Time is Now

Season Three:

TEOTWAWKI

Through a Glass, Darkly

Skull and Bones

Borrowed Time

The Sound of Snow

Nostalgia

Goodbye to All That

Desert Island disc: (This is a hard one :eyes: )

1. Lammentation

2. The Curse of Frank Black

3. Through a Glass, Darkly

4. Borrowed Time

Least Favorites/Criticsims:

Human Essence -- Horrible in every respect. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is that beautiful shot of Frank, Emma and Tamera out near the river with the pink hazy sky. The premise of a herion that is turning people into monster is an interesting premise that could have been used to comment on drug abuse and society, something very potentially Millenniumistic but it touches on none of these, or barely and not very well at all. :puke:

A Single Blade of Grass -- Another completly forgetable supproting character anda hoky plotline. Frank's gift is starting to misused again. He touches the dirt and know's to seach the hotel across the street? Sorry. Native American storylines are a really risky area since one, most writers usually misrepresent a certian tribe's beliefs and two, it's is just simply not done well here. Nothing new or interesting is done with the mystic indian and their prophesies. This is one of the few episodes were even Lance cannot redeem a lousy script.

Weeds -- This was around the time that that the show just started to rely on a formula. The "serial killer of week." It seems a lot like Spotnitz is just chanelling Carter but not very well. It does have some nice scenes, I should say I don't find any MM episode enitrely useless but this one is boring. The drinking blood scenes, albiet hideaous, come of as "gimmicks" or as they were called admitingly by The X-Files writers "gross out scenes" and this has been done to death especially during the first half of season one.

Wide Open -- Not too much to complain about not much worth remembering. It fits too much in the formula of Weeds. There is a "moral" that is trying to be told which is like and I like the theme but it's only okay. The best part's concern the little girl and Catherine.

Siren -- The "is the Group good or bad for Frank" question has run out of steam or importance by now and this episode seems like Morgan and Wong beating a dead hrose. The "mystry of the Orient" theme is lame. A seductive oriental woman? C'mon. Frank's reveltion near the end is the same revelation he had in "The Curse..." only ten times better.

Anemnisis -- Almost as bad as "Human Essance." It fails in my book on almost every concievable aspect although I'm not a big fan of the Da Vinci Code, either. :wink: It's not the absence of Frank. Again, near the end I can see the good intentions. It was meant to be about woman, or the divinity of womanhood. Interesting seeing as how we now have Lara, a character I've never been too fond of but still, she's there. But I just feel like Catherine is considered relevent. She's social worker, she just seems out of place in all of the seaon two supernatural/cult storylines.

Bardo Thodol -- What is the point of this episode? It seems like the writers were trying to start a new plotline but this episode on it's own is very weak. Even if they were starting a new story arc, I expect each episode to at least contian some sort of resolution or explanation. I get the feeling that Johannessen too often allowed his interests in new techonological breakthroughs enter into MM when it was complerely inappropriate (Force Majure,Sense and Antisense, Exegeis). It just was never explained what the Group was doing, why they were doing, how they were doing. What, how and why are crucial elements to a finished story. :smokin: The Buddahist element was interesting but what did it have to do with "we're creating an apoclypse of our own creation?"

The Innocents/Exegesis -- So the Group spread a virus with the express purpose of killing a very small select group of woman that they could have just as easly hunted and gunned down or blown up the way they did in this episode? What was the vision that Frank was given? An understanding of the future? Frank didn't really believe that the Group was right about the end of the world ever did he? Is this really anything new? The monolouge at the end is a complete cop-out.

Gary, I too didn't like the direction of s2, back when it first aired, but now its my absolute favourite... Maybe, like me, you just need to give it, you know, 5 years or so!

No, absolutely not. I don't think I will ever forgive Morgan & Wong for what they did to Millennium in S2. :angryred:

• Elders (Moderators)

Season 1:

- Gehenna

- Lamentation

- Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions

- Maranatha

Season 2:

- Beware of the Dog

- The Curse of Frank Black

- Luminary

- Midnight of the century

- Owls/Roosters

- The Fourth Horseman/The Time is now

- A Room with no view

- Jose Chungs Doomsday defense

- The Mikado

Season 3:

- Skull and Bones

- Omerta

- Seven and one

- Goodbye to all that

- The Sound of Snow

"We worry...we wait...who´s gonna see a different future?"
Frank Black

"Are you aware how often you use negative associated words?"
"No, I don´t neither."

Jose Chung´s Doomsday Defense

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

What's this? Someone criticising 'Bardol Thardo'? Sacrilege!!! I will admit that it was perhaps a bit too obscure for its own good in places, but I consider this to be a very strong episode. It is absolutely central to the overall arc of Frank letting go of his hatred of the Group and Emma's slow seduction to the Group's cause by Watts.

Watch it again. Please.