MilleniuM Movie Club

Rate this topic

First of all what a classic movie. I remember reading the book some years ago and i always felt the movie was better than the book. Love the scene when he lays in the bed with the fire around him watching someone about to die in a fire. THis is a movie i need to buy for my collection. This movie also has one of my fav. actors Herbert Lom that plays Dreyfus from the Pink Panther Movies

• Elders (Admins)

This was a great film and a brilliant idea by Stephen King. Just imagine what it would be like to see someone's future by touching them (knowing how and when a loved one would die) and them multiply that by their importance or role within society, for example touching a prospective US President who would go on to be involved in global nuclear war. Would you plot to have him ousted or consider that he may be the only hope in averting said nuclear war?

I've never seen the TV series as I missed S1 but heard its very good.

Guest Future_Sight
This was a great film and a brilliant idea by Stephen King. Just imagine what it would be like to see someone's future by touching them (knowing how and when a loved one would die) and them multiply that by their importance or role within society, for example touching a prospective US President who would go on to be involved in global nuclear war. Would you plot to have him ousted or consider that he may be the only hope in averting said nuclear war?

I've never seen the TV series as I missed S1 but heard its very good.

It's a great flick!

Even better series. I'm addicted to the series. :kickin:

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks, I really want to catch up with this so I'm on the look out for S1 being repeated! :praying:

Also Sarah-Jane Redmond (Lucy Butler) appeared in an episode last year so that's another reason to look out for it!

I've never seen the series and I wondered if it followed the book more? In the movie Johnny developed his gift after the car accident.

I just watched the movie again and I can't remember if they ever discussed exactly what the 'Dead Zone' was.

I think the book was more detailed. And John Smith had an incident in his childhood where he nearly drowned in a pond. Similar to the Hockey incident in the movie.

He had suffered some damage I believe from lack of Oxygen, and subsequently, parts of his memory were lost to him. It's been a long time since I read it but I believe he referred to these lost parts as, being in the 'Dead Zone'. That's why he couldn't 'See' everything in his visions.

We can argue which was better - the book or the film, but I believe the movie captured King's original concept.

There's plenty of movies with a similar storyline but the tragic ending together with a complex look into the human mind make this one of my favorites.