Was Millennium filmed in widescreen?

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

This is a question which I've been curious to see an answer to. It was answered on an X Files forum I post at but being as I've just joined I'd like to ask here. You may have the same answer and an explanation about the episode query.

- Was Millennium filmed in widescreen? I ask this because TXF started being filmed in widescreen from Season 5 (1997-98) onwards so I assume it was with Millennium's second season that they started filming in widescreen too with the first season being fullscreen as with the same US TV season on TXF (Season 4 was the last to be in fullscreen).

* When the BBC got round to showing Season 5 for the first time they showed the first X Files episodes in widescreen.

*The X Files on DVD - Seasons 5-7 are in widescreen with the first four in fullscreen.

My original question I asked because when/if Millennium gets released on DVD in the US then there's the possibility of it being in widescreen.

Guest WaveCrest

Thanks!! :) I prefer full screen but after a while you can get used to widescreen (like someone else has said in the linked thread above).

• Elders (Admins)

I guess it really comes down to if you own a widescreen TV or not.

When I bought one 2 years ago, I suddenly wanted everything to be in widescreen and I shout applause at my TV when the BBC or ITV show something in widescreen!

Its a bugger when you see two black stripes down the sides of your picture.

I always think to myself though that it sucks when watching a widescreen movie on a widescreen tv and there are still black lines at the top and bottom of the screen. I think, why not fill the screen but I guess its because there are different aspect ratios - that stuff makes my head hurt. :down:

Graham.