Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Does anyone know whether there were many if any deleted scenes from all three seasons of Millennium? They are my favourite DVD extra and would definitely want to see them on the DVD box sets.

Does anyone know whether there were many if any deleted scenes from all three seasons of Millennium? They are my favourite DVD extra and would definitely want to see them on the DVD box sets.

I have no clue, but Dixon or Gra or se7en may know.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest A Stranger

I remember reading that "Covenant" was like two times the length of the episode aired. But I don't know if that was just the script or if there were scenes shot and removed.

Guest LauraKrycek

Not sure about deleted scenes for certain, but I know that the 1013 crew was famous for filming way too much material and having to trim it down (one of the worst, I heard, was XF ep "The Field Where I Died").

I do know that there was a lot written that didn't make it in, at least. Recently, Gra got his hands on a copy of the script for "The Curse of Frank Black" and was very excited about having the chance to see what didn't make it to screen.

Anyway, as David said, if no one else knows about any deleted scenes... Dixon will, at least.

Guest WaveCrest

Thanks for the replies.

A Stranger,

Interesting, that about "Covenant". But it seems then that a lot of the actual double-length episode could have been written only.

LauraKrycek,

TXF's "The Field Where I Died" - there was one or two deleted scenes from that on the Season 4 DVD set.

"The Curse of Frank Black" I loved. I missed the first few minutes which I especially wanted to see as it featured a Simpsons homage with Frank taking Jordan "trick or treating" round the neighbourhood - she wearing a Marge Simpson mask and red wellingtons (that's all I can remember from what Jordan's wearing in the picture still). I've seen a picture from that scene in some TV/film magazines in the past.

Can you buy Millennium scripts like with TXF?

Edited by WaveCrest

.....it is known that there was an 80-minute cut of covenant,which i would just about kill to see because it's one of my all times fav eps. depending on whether FUX goes the el-cheapo route with the MM releases perhaps this footage could be incorporated and the viewer could choose to watch either version via branching.(?) that would be sweet. Kingdom come also had some footage edited out because of the intensity and/or disturbing aspects of it.

~HAPPY NEW YEAR,

se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
Can you buy Millennium scripts like with TXF?

Unfortunately, no. The XF scripts were offered (and, I assume, still are) through the official fan club store. MM never had one (an official fan club or a store). Not sure where Gra's seller got her script from, but at least it shows that they're out there someone. We just have to figure out where to look.

Guest WaveCrest

.....it is known that there was an 80-minute cut of covenant,which i would just about kill to see because it's one of my all times fav eps. depending on whether FUX goes the el-cheapo route with the MM releases perhaps this footage could be incorporated and the viewer could choose to watch either version via branching.(?) that would be sweet. Kingdom come also had some footage edited out because of the intensity and/or disturbing aspects of it.

~HAPPY NEW YEAR,

se7en :ouro:

Oooh, an 80 minute episode!! I love it when there are loads of deleted scenes. So with the case of "Covenant" it's more likely that the extra 37 odd minutes were filmed as well as written.

I should think FOX will do a decent DVD box set of Season 1. The last I heard was that CC won't start work on Millennium's first season until after work on Season 9 of TXF is finished.

I can't understand why all deleted scenes can't just be included for TV releases. I say that because with TXF there are deleted scenes but not a great amount of them. But still, the XF boxsets released on DVD so far which I've got (1-6) are very good. I doubt FOX will do a basic DVD release for Millennium with no or not many extras at all.

Edited by WaveCrest