Frank's Abilities

Rate this topic

Guest Future_Sight

Frank's gift is quite puzzling taking into account the different approaches to it by the writers. It's clear though that he has a special sensitivity towards evil impulses that every human being has.

In the pilot he describes this quite accurately: "I become capability, I become the thing we fear the most, what we can only become in the heart of darkness." He says that EVERYONE has the ability to let himself be driven by evil impulses, to lie, steal and murder. Frank's gift could be seen as a special insight into this fact, to SEE and also ACCEPT this fact.

And because he has this special form of intuition he feels he must do something against evil in each and every form (human or demonic). It's nothing psychic indeed, it's just a form of understanding only few people possess. Taking into account what happens in season 2 you may believe that God himself gave Frank (and Jordan?) this gift so he can work as a tool, as a counterpart to devil's servants (Legion).

I hope I could explain my view so everyone understands what I mean. This whole thing is a very complex concept for a TV show! :yes: But that's what makes MM so special after all.

"A single blade of grass" Raven.

Thanks, Moriarty!

And to Mr. Cox...You worded that just wonderfuly!

I appreciate this topic thread. As I have been trying to understand my OWN gift/curse, this has been very helpful to read.

(any newcomers who don't know what I'm talking about, just ask if you want to, and if you think I'm crazy.. that's ok. most of the time I think the same thing!)

Guest Moriarty
Thanks, Moriarty!

And to Mr. Cox...You worded that just wonderfuly!

I appreciate this topic thread. As I have been trying to understand my OWN gift/curse, this has been very helpful to read.

(any newcomers who don't know what I'm talking about, just ask if you want to, and if you think I'm crazy.. that's ok. most of the time I think the same thing!)

Well Raven, I am not exactly a newcomer (been reading almost 1 year and posting for more than 6 months now) and I have been reading bits and pieces in some various posts about your gift/curse. But what is it exactly that you feel you have been granted with? And no, I don't think that you are crazy :nope: I also have some "strange" feelings from time to time and when I talk about it to people they all have the same answer: "You are crazy". So be my guest and elaborate on your gift/curse.

Thanks, Moriarty. (has it only been a year? & just posting for 6 months? It seems longer. I always look forward to your posts)

What's made this difficult for me is, #1 I never had any support in this when I was younger, & actually had people say I was possessed by the devil, until I supressed this for years....#2 Because of this, I didn't believe in it myself for quite a long time, and thought I was crazy, or making it up, or it was just a grand coincidence. and #3 It seems so wide open & unfocused that I can't define it neatly.

When I was a teenager, I could tell people things sometimes...sometimes personal things, sometimes tell their future. Not often..Just a few times, but it was enough to get me in trouble. Now, it comes as a way of ...If I talk with someone, get to know them, get "into their heads", after a conversation or two, I can "profile" them, I know what they will end up choosing to do...generaly speaking....Tell them where their failures will come from, etc.

Example. I was working for this painter guy this past summer. He was a great guy...Kind, funny, passionate, smart. But, I sensed something that felt "off". When I met his kids & his dog, I was convenced. He had 2 lovely little girls...who seemed fine, but I watched the elder of the two do some bizzare behaviours. She would talk to me at a mile a minute, twirling her hair and tugging it, and walk in circles. The dog had a vacant, sad look to his eyes. Now...he never hurt any of them. But I got very honest with him one day and said "You need to spend some quality time with those kids and that dog...and possibly get them into councelling. You're not home enough and they are all so insecure that it's showing as OCD behavior...and they are a bit young for that." I also warned him about two different business deals that were going to go sour.

I sensed my really big car wreck in 1992...though I wasn't sure just what would get me or when. Just a feeling of something coming....

Recently, while sitting at a traffic light (Terry driving), I pulled the seatbelt off of my neck )I'm short and it goes across my neck instead of my chest) and put it under my arm, so it was going across my middle. Terry asked why I was doing that, and I stated "I don't want to get chocked to death when we get hit in the back." 30 seconds later, someone did just that!

Several years ago, I was dating a guy who hurt his knee. (I've told this story before, so I appologize to those who've already read this.) He was a nice guy, but hyper and immature. He started to say he was going to the doctor for his knee. I told him he just needed to give it a rest (since the nut was still doing skateboard stunts and jumping off cars) and that a doctor would not help him. He went anyway, & as I expected, they said he needed surgery. I said "No you don't, and if you go through with it, it will lead to the end of our relationship." He had it done anyway...they gave him WAY too much anesthetic (sorry for the spelling) and his whole personality changed. He went from hyper and immature to depressed, violent, and suicidal....as well as the fact he started "seeing things". (he said his clock was reading 6:66 on the night of December 31, 1999) As I predicted...his knee slowly got better over time, and he went so far out of control that I dumped him.

There are more examples, but this is what I mean about it being hard to define...or exercies or USE. A combination of "Insight" into people, and pre-cognition....that all just comes and goes is a bit hard to know what to do with.

I'm still trying to believe that I'm not crazy.

So....I can't really define whatever this is. I sense things about people... and I sense future events.