"Adaptation"

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek

Guest LauraKrycek
Yikes, I totally wrote the wrong word there... I meant you should be working with them!

Hey, even better! :;): I'd *adore* to, if I ever got the chance. Jeffery Reddick, who wrote the story and helped on the screenplay for "Final Destination", went to my college (didn't graduate from there, though, b\c he got the internship w\ New Line and then got a perm. job w\ them), but he hasn't been back to visit since I've been there. Imagine, if I could meet him, impress him, get the hookup for an internship myself, show them my work... it'd only be a matter of time before I met The Men. ::swoon:: They're my heroes! That would be so wonderful! ::sigh:: If only...

Hey, even better! :;): I'd *adore* to, if I ever got the chance. Jeffery Reddick, who wrote the story and helped on the screenplay for "Final Destination", went to my college (didn't graduate from there, though, b\c he got the internship w\ New Line and then got a perm. job w\ them), but he hasn't been back to visit since I've been there. Imagine, if I could meet him, impress him, get the hookup for an internship myself, show them my work... it'd only be a matter of time before I met The Men. ::swoon:: They're my heroes! That would be so wonderful! ::sigh:: If only...

Be careful about Hollywood. It is the place off infinite horror stories for writers as they try to get a good script off the ground.

Anyway, good luck.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

:xmas_ouro: :xmas_ouro: :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
Be careful about Hollywood. It is the place off infinite horror stories for writers as they try to get a good script off the ground.

Ah, and it brings us full circle back on topic! Nope, I'm not trying to make a Charlie Kaufman-Adaptation thing out of myself. I'm not aiming for big success in the movie\theatre stuff... I'm just aiming for happiness.

Ah, and it brings us full circle back on topic! Nope, I'm not trying to make a Charlie Kaufman-Adaptation thing out of myself. I'm not aiming for big success in the movie\theatre stuff... I'm just aiming for happiness.

.....still,from what i know about you it would seem to me that you have the right perspective and personality to handle the ups and downs of the business.-(pity to call it a "business" but........).

...hey you could always write the screenplay for "THE OLD MAN: THE SEQUEL". :eyes: ....NOW WHAT WOULD THE PREMISE BE? Hmmmmm :thinking_big:

....you got the goods laura! happy new year to you,

se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
.....still,from what i know about you it would seem to me that you have the right perspective and personality to handle the ups and downs of the business.-(pity to call it a "business" but........).

...hey you could always write the screenplay for "THE OLD MAN: THE SEQUEL".  :eyes:              ....NOW WHAT WOULD THE PREMISE BE? Hmmmmm :thinking_big:

....you got the goods laura!  happy new year to you,

se7en :ouro:

Why isn't there a demure or blushing emoticon?

Thanks so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it.

Hey, call it a business; better than some other names. Calling it the Industry kind of bothers me, though -- makes me picture a huge factory pumping out carbon-copy actors and scripts. ::shudder:: Nightmares.

Hm... "Old Man: The Sequel"! I think it would confuse some people, as there isn't a movie called "Old Man", but that would just add to the appeal. I'll have to lock myself in the "Thinking Chamber" (meaning, of course, my bedroom) and ponder it.

Guest LauraKrycek

Wow, we're getting so off topic (like any of us minds. LOL!).

Hey, it's my thread, and I say "More power to ya! Woooo OT!" :tongue: As long as it's a cause I'm for, go right ahead.

Guest LauraKrycek

Hey, good news! Just read this post of Gra's:

4. 'Embarrased/Blush' Emoticon added - missed this one originally when transfering emoticons.

YAY! So now we have: :blush:

Plus, I saw this:

3. Horrendous puking emoticon added:

- actually one of Laura's posts contained the text

CODE 

::puke::  

so I changed it to see if she'd notice but she was probably too drunk or sleepy to notice!

LOL I didn't... that emoticon is pretty extreme! And disgusting! LOL!

.....MY FAVORITE SPACEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME HAS TO BE "THE SHIPPING NEWS"

Interesting. To each their own, but I found The Shipping News to be contrived and unengaging, despite being my kind of movie. The character development, the suppoed epiphany at its close... neither felt real to me at all. Amreican Beauty, on the other hand, was a little out there but totally worked for me! Whilst arguably more contrived in itself, its dreamy style and some superlative performances have made this a movie I still cherish now.

:angel: