Millennium Reference

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

I don't really remember "Millennium" being mentioned in movies and TV shows, apart from the "MAD TV" skit SUDDENLY MILLENNIUM. For some reason, the only other one that I know of popped into my head yesterday. Here's a line from an episode of "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" called 'Yes Virginia, There Is a Hercules':

Ares: “I know my brother couldn’t put his show above innocent

lives. Mudslides, fires, earthquakes-- I’ll bet he’s had quite

the busy day. Oh, nice!”

Strife: “And now-- with these mortals about to uh-- kill each

other? [Chuckles]The show’s as good as cancelled.” [Laughs]

Ares: “Yes. Pretty soon, my brother's legendary journeys will be but a distant memory, and I’ll be able to watch ‘Millennium’ in peace.”

Strife: “I miss Cop Rock.”

I don't really remember "Millennium" being mentioned in movies and TV shows, apart from the "MAD TV" skit SUDDENLY MILLENNIUM. For some reason, the only other one that I know of popped into my head yesterday. Here's a line from an episode of "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" called 'Yes Virginia, There Is a Hercules':

Ares: “I know my brother couldn’t put his show above innocent

lives. Mudslides, fires, earthquakes-- I’ll bet he’s had quite

the busy day. Oh, nice!”

Strife: “And now-- with these mortals about to uh-- kill each

other? [Chuckles]The show’s as good as cancelled.” [Laughs]

Ares: “Yes. Pretty soon, my brother's legendary journeys will be but a distant memory, and I’ll be able to watch ‘Millennium’ in peace.”

Strife: “I miss Cop Rock.”

It was a modern-day episode about the show facing cancellation, hence the references to "Millennium" and those other shows.

I laughed my a$$ off when I saw that scene in that ep of Hercules. I mean the episode itself was funny, but I almost died when he said that, associating it with cancelled shows, etc. Then, Strife following up with "I miss Cop Rock." That was almost too much! I was ROTFLMAO!!! You are the only other person besides myself who I know has mentioned hearing that line in that ep.

I still have yet to see the Suddenly Millennium skit. If they ever release that season of MadTV on DVD I will definitely buy it, just for that.

Guest betweenthelines
I laughed my a$$ off when I saw that scene in that ep of Hercules. I mean the episode itself was funny, but I almost died when he said that, associating it with cancelled shows, etc. Then, Strife following up with "I miss Cop Rock."

I agree. I wasn't a "Hercules" fan at first, but I always thought that episode was hysterical! It helped that Bruce Campbell and several other "Xena" actors made an appearance ;).

BTW, have there been any other references to "Millennium" in popular culture?

• 1 year later...
Guest byron lomax
BTW, have there been any other references to "Millennium" in popular culture?

Believe it or not, there was a reference to Millennium (to Frank Black, more than the show itself) in, of all things, a Disney cartoon show. Earlier this decade the channel made a rather bizarre show called Fillmore! which focused on a middle school's safety patrol squad, which was basically a cop show parody transplanted into a school environment.

One episode, "The Shreds Fell Like Snowflakes", focused on one Frank Bishop, criminal profiler extraordinaire. Not only is the reference extremely obvious, with Bishop being Henriksen's character in Aliens, but the character seems like a younger version of Frank Black, with exactly the same facial expression.

Someone has posted the episode on Youtube, if anyone's interested (just type "fillmore shreds fell like snowflakes" in search bar and you'll get it). Just keep in mind it's a children's cartoon show, so don't expect anything too deep....

Guest byron lomax
Hey that's an amazing show! Hahaha!

I agree that Fillmore is a little different. Perhaps it's not much of a surprise that the show didn't last beyond two seasons, unfortunately.

I heard from some adults who enjoyed the show while their young kids were bored stupid. :biggrin: