The unltimate insult, I give up!!!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

Yet still not Millennium or even a mention of it lately.

Yet Fox manages to crank out :

simplelifedvd.jpg

This is it I give up.

Guest Second Coming

I wonder if writing to Chris Carter would help.

Chris Carter

c/o Ten Thirteen Productions

P.O. Box 900

Beverly Hills, CA 90213

Guest LauraKrycek

AUGH. Well, maybe they're selling crowd-pleasing stuff so that they'll have enough money to do more artistic and smaller-crowd-pleasing things like MM... I hope... :praying:

Guest WaveCrest

Well when I first heard about this show I had no idea what it was all about, just that it was 24's lead-in on FOX Tuesday nights (it's been moved now for some reason. Don't know why. It was getting good ratings). I thought it was a drama series, this at the same time as having seen a picture of the two young women (similar to the one posted above, the mag cover) on the EpGuides.com page for "The Simple Life".

But then a week or two ago I found out it's actually a reality-TV show. I do not like reality-TV shows whatsoever, apart from one or two that started the whole thing off. In the UK we had one or two shows (DIY gardening etc.) then it went mad and there are all imitators and imitations of those!!

I was in support of "The Simple Life" because it would give 24 a ratings boost for it's third season (well what's happened with 24 is that it's ratings "supposedly" aren't as high as the first two seasons. Which is rubbish as 24 didn't become a ratings hit until Season 2. The ratings for Season 3 so far aren't any lower in comparison to the first season on the whole. This is TV news articles for you with regards to 24's S3 ratings. In the UK they've just got their facts wrong - a prime example being that the third season hasn't been as strong with it's ratings compared to the first two series. They make it sound like the 3rd season is complete. TRUTH - Only 8 episodes have been shown so far!!).

Sorry to go off-topic part-way into the last paragraph.

Guest WaveCrest

Jordan,

Well the main forum I post on, we go off-topic a lot of the time anyway!! Not just when we greet newcomers. Or are you on about the first few posts you make, the "initiation process"?

Edited by WaveCrest

Yet still not Millennium or even a mention of it lately.

Yet Fox manages to crank out :

simplelifedvd.jpg

This is it I give up.

Basically FOX is doing this because it will sell and FOX is in the business to make money no matter how bad the product is or how much we don't like it. If they don't make money, we wouldn't see other less profitable DVD releases.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S. I wish no one would buy THE SIMPLE LIFE DVDs, but many people will have no taste and buy them.

Guest SouthernCelt
AUGH.  Well, maybe they're selling crowd-pleasing stuff so that they'll have enough money to do more artistic and smaller-crowd-pleasing things like MM... I hope... :praying:

Sorry, Laura, but I've not seen any studio, production company, or network push trash TV just so they could earn more money for quality productions. :no_big:

all i have to say is "YES!!!"

finally the put another quality tv show on dvd that i was so looking forward to.

now i can put it next to my copies of:

anna nicole smith season 1

soul food tv series

and Hercules season 1.

im just glad fox is putting out quality tv shows on dvd, finally!!