The unltimate insult, I give up!!!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Jordan
Jordan,

Well the main forum I post on, we go off-topic a lot of the time anyway!! Not just when we greet newcomers. Or are you on about the first few posts you make, the "initiation process"?

I meant that to be anything more than a candidate, you've got to learn to go off topic.

19:19 - for a moment there I thought you had a really good DVD collection, now I'm really disappointed! :;):

Guest Jordan

There's a Millennium video on ebay at the moment, current price is £26.00. That's double the original selling price. Its no. 10 - Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions and Broken World.

It just proves that there is demand for Millennium episodes on video/DVD - I wonder if the good people at Fox are aware of this? it might make them think hmm . . . and then start seeing $$££ signs.

But maybe its already in the works, and there are problems over song copyrights, so they can't say for definite if and when the DVDs will be released.

But maybe that's wishful thinking

Guest WaveCrest

I meant that to be anything more than a candidate, you've got to learn to go off topic.

19:19 - for a moment there I thought you had a really good DVD collection, now I'm really disappointed! :;):

I see what you mean. :wink: So once you're past the candidate stage you're not allowed to go off-topic? What happens if it's accidental like what happens on other forums I go on, including my main one?

Guest WaveCrest
But maybe its already in the works, and there are problems over song copyrights, so they can't say for definite if and when the DVDs will be released.

But maybe that's wishful thinking.

I haven't read anything in TV news land saying that there's a copyright problem with music used on Millennium, for the DVD's. Although I read a few weeks ago that a lot of music was used on the show. But with XF Season 9 being worked on for it's DVD release in May (I'm guessing that. Is was around May with Season 7 last year in the US) and Millennium Season 1 for not until possibly late this year, we won't hear much news on it yet (jncluding if maybe there are music copyright problems).

An example of a DVD release being delayed and one having been released but affected is with "Miami Vice" and "Roswell" respectively.

Miami Vice is being delayed because of copyright issues with the music used on the series. "Roswell" had it's first season released on Region 1 in the US recently but has had a lot of the songs used in it replaced. I think there are only a couple of songs which haven't been affected.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest Jordan

I see what you mean. :wink: So once you're past the candidate stage you're not allowed to go off-topic? What happens if it's accidental like what happens on other forums I go on, including my main one?

Not sure if you're misreading the post or I'm getting my words jumbled up and not making any sense, but you have to go off topic to become an elder/Old Man etc. I just noticed that as topics get going, the 'conversation' wanders onto other things, and as the frequent posters are often involved in the going off topic, I just joked that you must have to go off topic to get anywhere in the group.

I think we've both successfully managed to go off topic with this topic though, as we're talking about going off-topic in the DVD topic. So i think that we pass the off topic test in our reaching the next level in the group. Now i need a :smokin:

Not sure where i got the idea from about the song rights, its quite possible a got some lines crossed and confused it for another programme. its certainly happened before! :p

Guest LauraKrycek

Sorry, Laura, but I've not seen any studio, production company, or network push trash TV just so they could earn more money for quality productions. :no_big:

Hey man, don't knock my dreams! In *my* world, the Lone Gunmen come by on a regular basis and give me updates on FOX's DVD production schedule.

I wonder if FOX will ever release Harsh realm on DVD. hmmmm.

:thinking_big::thinking_big:

They will probably release Millennium, The Pretender, John Doe, and The Lone Gunmen to DVD (and anyway France has already started releasing The Pretender to DVD).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
I wonder if FOX will ever release Harsh realm on DVD. hmmmm.

:thinking_big:  :thinking_big:

They will probably release Millennium, The Pretender, John Doe, and The Lone Gunmen to DVD (and anyway France has already started releasing The Pretender to DVD).

Um... well, if they do, more power to them, I guess... that'd be pretty stupid, though, since they cancelled the thing after only 3 episodes. They could've stuck an episode in with each season of XF, though -- 9 eps, 9 seasons -- I think it would've been fitting.

I think I've decided, though, that HR's main saving grace was the two hot guys starring in it. I know that's what I say about a couple of shows, but I'm just being honest.

But I also don't know about LGM, especially with the... um, shall we say, "delicate"... contents of the Pilot episode. I don't think FOX is going to put some show on DVD that they canned only a few eps in. MM has potential, but to be honest again, I think that the longer it gets from the time it was on, the less likely it is to come out.

I think any potential Harsh realm DVD release will be scuttled for a little while due to Scott Bairstow's current problems in real life (I posted about it in the Harsh realm forum). I would be suprised if FOX released HR on DVD within the next 2 years. personally I think Bairstow's current problems have set back any HR DVD release by at least 2 years (or enough to distance it from the headlines).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell