Link Between X-Files and Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

A very subtle one too. I didn't notice it until rewatching 'Closure' today. I would post the screengrabs, but I'm not quite sure how to do that on this board.

What scene are you referring to?

What site is the screengrab on? You could post a link to it, or if this is something you've got in one of those online photo storage sites, you could hotlink it here. When you go to post (hitting Add Reply, not Quick reply) there are a bunch of little icons about where you type your message. One of those is for hotlinking to pictures.

You have us intrigued! Please share. I have so far never noticed any crossover or X-Files winks or in jokes in Closure. I have noted ones in others, namely Lamentation (Mulder & Scully stand-ins comming down the stairs, as Frank also decends), 522666 (Scully coming same set of stairs, but different story setting, before Frank --- this is one not too many people have spotted. As far as I know, I was the first to spot it a few years ago, and shared it here), Human Essense (X-Files ep on TV in side one of the apartment doors Emman knocks on), Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense (well, the character Jose Chung, of course), Owls (Peter Watts, in a ranting appeal to make Frank understand the reason for the Group's secrecy, says "Can you imagine the effect conclusive evidence of "doomsday" would have on a world, in which, millions actually believe they've been abducted and experimented on by aliens with the knowledge and co-operation of government officials? A country that obsessed for decades on Elvis sightings? Roswell?")and The Time is Now (Peter Watts finds a Morley cigarette butt on the floor of the Millennium Group building where he was going to break into The Old Man's foot locker). I am sure there are more in-jokes as well. Just can't think of them right now.

Please let us know about the closure one you have spotted!

Guest betweenthelines

It's a very minor one, so don't get too disappointed. Here's a screengrab from the X/F episode 'DPO':

XFILES_D1-0.jpg

And a screengrab from 'Closure':

MILLENNIUM_S3_D1-0.jpg

• Elders (Admins)

This is pretty intriguing. I have to say well spotted!

With regards to the X-Files reference I googled this and found this trivia:

While Darrin channel surfs, he stops on a music video and the names seen on-screen are all xphiles. The group name seems to be The Rosemarys and the song is called "Mary Beth Clarke, I love you" ( Mary Beth Clarke is an AOL xphile), on JHartling Records (JHartling is an AOL xphile) and Director: Deb Brown (Deb Brown is still another AOL X-Phile). Lucky buggers!

Its way to big a coincidence to have just the same name of the band in both shows. I checked our new episode guide and there was no Daniel Mosley or anyone named Burkhardt who were crew or actors.

However, Daniel Mosely was a Producer's Assistant over on the X-Files.

I wondered about the channel surfing! However, I think I found an even bigger Closure tie-in to the XFs!

It's so obvious that I had forgotten about it! I watched it again tonight, and it clunked me over the freakin head!

It's Emma's obsessive pattern about her sister's death by extraodinary circumstances (in this case, death by impulsive id serial killer), whose name is... wait for it... Melissa!!!

Does this not sound like another certain FBI agent (Fox Mulder) who's sister disappeared and eventually died under extraordinary circumstances? And was not Scully's sister named Melissa!!! Who also died because of the extraordinary circumstances of Scully and Mulders investigations (and someone who didn't want them investigating it... ooops! They were trying to kill Scully).

What a screaming, blatant wink! Daaaaa!

• 3 months later...
Guest TheWalkingDude
Nice connection Scott!

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned here but I think it was the last story arc in season two. It links X Files and Millenium by using the same cigarette brand as the cigarette smoking man in X Files. Peter Watts bends down and finds a Morley Cigarette butt smashed out on the ground. If I'm wrong about the season or episode I apologize.