Link Between X-Files and Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest SouthernCelt
I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned here but I think it was the last story arc in season two. It links X Files and Millenium by using the same cigarette brand as the cigarette smoking man in X Files. Peter Watts bends down and finds a Morley Cigarette butt smashed out on the ground. If I'm wrong about the season or episode I apologize.

Yes, it was in the final Season 2 two-parter (I dont' remember which hour it was in) when Peter broke into the Group's storeroom to pilfer the Old Man's voice log on and get deeper access to the Group's computer files on the Marburg virus. After I saw that brief event within the scene, I really expected the Cigarette Smoking Man from XF to show up suddenly and create a connection between the Group and government black ops. In season three another Group-to-government connection, also involving engineered biological agents, was revealed in the ep "Collateral Damage".

BTW, welcome to TIWWA. I'm curious, what's the basis for your screen name? Is it a variation of the "the walking man" from Stephen King's "The Stand" by any chance?

• 1 year later...

First, an obvious one that needs mentioning. In the XF episode "Never Again" Scully gets a tattoo of an Uroboros!

Secondly, a more obscure one. The whilrigig used in "Beware of the Dog" (the little man chopping wood) is the same one Mulder uses in the XF episode "Arcadia." Also, interesting to note that both these episodes deal with small communities that have bad things happen after sunset.

Third, in "Human Essence" as Hollis is walking in an apartment building, we can hear Scully's voice coming from a TV somewhere. It is dialog from the XF episode "Kill Switch."

Here's another one for you Ben,

In Lamentation when Frank and Peter are discussing matters on the staircase at Quantico you see Mulder and Scully in the background. Not strictly them as it was their stand ins in the scene but a nice 'gag' all the same.

Eth

Secondly, a more obscure one. The whilrigig used in "Beware of the Dog" (the little man chopping wood) is the same one Mulder uses in the XF episode "Arcadia." Also, interesting to note that both these episodes deal with small communities that have bad things happen after sunset.

Nice catch. As many times as I've seen Arcadia I never made the connection.

I'd kinda wondered in passing about this, but it was so brief a thought, and I never bothered to check out the two whirli-gigs to compare.

Nice catch!

• 3 years later...
Guest soylentgreenspeople

Does any one have a still of the scene with the Scully and Mulder stand in with frank? I cant locate it on my dvds and really want to see this!

I don't have time to look right now, but here's a link to screen shots for both shows, as well as Monk.

https://www.chrisnu.com/

I looked at the episode shots and didn't see it. I hope I'm looking for the right one, the one where Frank passes Mulder and Scully on the FBI stairs? We had a contest about a year or two ago with that pic, can't remember exactly when. We were to come up with captions. Don't even remember what it was called, but will see if I can find it because the picture is there.

Wow, checked in my own MLM fold and found the one on the stairs. Hope it's the one you one.

post-3933-0-74934100-1318821078_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest I Made This

One of the most subtle and less talked about crossovers comes in season three's Matryoshka. The episode uses the same actors to play J Edgar Hoover and Clyde Tolson from The X Files episodes Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man and Travellers.

Screenshot043.jpg

The X Files-4X07:Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man

Screenshot118.jpg

Screenshot121.jpg

Millennium-3ABC14-Matryoshka