Link Between X-Files and Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest I Made This

Anytime, you'd be surprised what sort of random bits of X Files and Millennium trivia is rolling around my head. cool.gif

• 7 months later...

I know one of the first things I notices as a crossover was the Morley cigarette. I often wondered if that was a reference to the cancer man? Of all the Millennium Characters only Lara Means was specifically shown to smoke. ( or attempt to). Scully smoked in an episode of the Xfiles but don't know her brand. Cancer man smoked Morleys ( obvious reference to Marlboros).

• 2 years later...

I was rebooting x-files tonight in light of the new miniseries... and I noticed some actors that worked on the x-files and millennium... but more importantly and shockingly, the  Yellow house?!?!?!?  It looked very similar if it wasn't.. But it was ugly not yellow.

Season 1 episode 2 of the x-files.  It seemed to have lots of stuff later found on Millennium. The house...  two female actors ( one played the aging stripper in Somehow Satan and the other played the chain smoking mother in the  well worn lock

In the Pilot of the X-files: the guy that played a detective in the Pilot of Millennium and who later played  Asst Director McClaren ...

• Elders (Moderators)

During the Vancouver years, there were lots of actors who were reused. There was a much smaller pool of actors there, compared with LA, so anyone who met the 1013 standard was likely to be re-cast as another character in another episode. In the MM database in the list of actors, appearances in other 1013 shows are listed, (for example; https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/guide/actor_profile.php?name=Alex+Diakun) but to make an easily accessible list of all of those actors who appeared in other 1013 shows requires a database (SQL) query, and I've completely forgotten how to do that!

From memory, the house that was used for the pilot episode of MM wasn't the one that was used for subsequent episodes because apparently the neighbours objected to all the film crew vehicles. So it seems that MM went back to the house that had previously (and presumably happily) been used for XF.

It's quite fascinating to get a glimpse of the complex aspects of filming.

Filming happens in my home town occasionally. I think some of Harry Potter was filmed here, mostly the cathedral. The latest is a hugely expensive drama set in the 1940s. It’s an old town, so has street scenes that can be used for that. Though, as the inner town is based on the medieval layout, the roads are very narrow. So, instead of going “ooh, filming going on”, or “ooh, famous actor here”, all I can think of is where the heck they parked all those film crew vehicles.

It's so neat to see the actors from MM in different roles on X-files.  I'm watching an x-files episode  that has  Brad Dourif in it, who was the force majeure guy.  It's good I think that those actors  worked both series. Smaller pools mean more work!

THere was maybe a blooper in the  episode with the house. When the   people barged in the police?  They busted a wooden gate door, but when Scully and Mulder  left the house they went through an iron gate.

I saw the guy from the judge who played the judge in an xfiles episode.  I  think it's so neat to see familiar faces from Millennium on the X-files.  I've seen  both series, but you know, the  one episode characters don't stick in your mind But when you've seen MIllennium episodes time and again, then the people stick and you recognize them in other things!