The meaning of your username

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

Mine comes from the pilot episode.  Where the Frenchman was quoting part of Yeats work. Plus ironically it was my username on another board. Previously on the Millennial Abyss my name was Daniel so I figured Second Coming would be appropriate the second time around.

The Second Coming

by William Butler Yeats

First Published in 1922

TURNING and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image out of i{Spiritus Mundi}

Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again; but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at laSt,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

• Elders (Admins)

Hi!

Welcome to TIWWA!

I'm very impressed with the Member Name you've selected... Very meaningfull...

:ouro:

For me The Old Man was chosen simply because it seemed so relevant at the time. I came up with the initial concept of TIWWA and the Old Man seemed so obvious with the other other Admin/Moderators being refered to as Elders...

I can also tell you out of interest that a lot of effort went into creating the mythological background to TIWWA, especially by Selfosophy Psycho in that we paid tribute to the infrastructure of the Millennium Group...

Regards,

Graham.

The Old Man...

For me Amrith was chosen because its malefic meaning.

The amrith was the name given in France (14th century) to the orange and dark liquid which creeps on the walls during the exorcisms. It was a physical manifestation of the Evil. This word disappeared today.

......that is one seriously kick-ass avatar calixar. very very nice.   se7enand1 may sound obvious but it's really three different things. 1)-my fav ep of MM is "seven and one",2)one of my fav directors is david fincher and his movie se7en 3)the name also incorporates my wife "&one" in the DVD-DUBBING PROJECT.  so those are the 3-meanings of my username. plus it sounds cool to non-MM fans :smokin:

~DAVE :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Amrith,

Nice selection, it's always fascinated me what it meant.

I think we call that stuff proto-plasm? I'm trying to recall Ghostbusters here!  :ghostface:

Calixar, I love your Avatar also... Instantly recogonisable and very stylish... Does the chalice mean anything in Millennium terms?

Hey I just recognised the symbol from the Yaponchick murder scene and Russian Church gate... very cool! I'm a bit slow this morning!  :snore:

Welcome to TIWWA by the way...

:ouro: Graham.

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

That symbol is a Chi-Rho... essentially, the letters Chi (X) and Rho (P) from Greek. They are the first two letters in Christ, which is why it was on the Russian church gate. :ouro: The Chalice does not have any direct MM relevance, unless there was a Holy Grail episode that I missed. :ghostface:

If it wasn't so small, you'd see a Chi-Rho on the chalice, as well.

This icon was designed for me by a friend, a fellow Calix Argentum Equites. It may change a small bit soon... the chalice really should have been a Celtic triskele...

Se7en&one... I like the animated avatar. Having no real graphic art abilities of my own, I'm always impressed by well made animated GIFs...

Indeed, the amrith is today called "Ectoplasm".

Or "Slime" if you are one of the Ghostbusters :rofl:

For example, amrith is the liquid that Kobold spits in the x-files "Daemonicus" (9X03).

"Seven And One" is one of my favourite episode too. To my opinion, a rare story of the Third Season which is as good as the Season Two's episodes.