The meaning of your username

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Mine is a fictional character in Detective novels i write.  I have one finished and 3 or 4 in the works.  But it has been a few years since i have gotten back to them.

Tharp Devenport.  I imagine him being played by Darrien Lambert (Character name) from the early 90's show Time Trax.

He is not the main character, but he falls about 2nd.

Great characters and some powerful emotinal stories that are comming up next year cause i will finally have the time to write again, also meaning my spelling will improve and be as it was 4 years ago.  :eyes:

Hello.

My user name?  Well, it comes from a set of fantasy novels I liked.   Magician's Law, but, the reason I chose is that in this set of books, it represents the land of the dead.

And, when I think of Silent Woods, I recall the episode The Sound of Snow, where Frank is the woods alone, remember his last moments with Katherine.

Silent-Woods. :ouro:

......i wish i could take credit for my avatar but i know nothing-(yet)-about flash. the ONE,the ONLY matt bunch created it for me. he da man :D

~DAVE :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
Not much to say about mine... once, I fell deeply in love with Alex Krycek, and thus I began to be called Mrs. Laura E. Krycek (The Laura and E, obviously, being from my actual name).  For an extremely long time, I was very wary of letting people know my real name or anything that let it out remotely who I was (I grew up in a PARANOID household and my mom made me sure that someone was going to find me, kidnap me and kill me), so I went by that name in most circles.  And after using it for so long... well, I just kept right on doing it.  I considered thinking up something deeper, but really, I've been using this one so long, I don't see the need.

Guest Despair1

Mine is pretty self explanitory. The graphics in the opening credits are very strong. When the girl hunches over and drops her arms it sends such an intense message. Through the entire series Frank is battling his own despair. One of my favorite lines is from "Some how Satan got behind me."  The devils are discussing Frank and one asks " Did he look like he could be taking St.Johns Wort." The reply from the other is " He looks like he could use a vat of the stuff."  One of aspects of the show that I enjoy is that Frank Black is depressed and in despair most of the time but it in no way affects his performance, understanding or personal growth. In todays standard, a person that is depressed is seen as incapacitated and unable to function. Frank demonstrates the opposite. A positive active force eminating from a dark, depressed individual with a gift/curse of second sight. What more could you ask for? 

:ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Ahhhh, Laura and Despair1,

You both have briliant signatures if i do say so myself... in fact I think I did about 10 mins ago in another forum... sorry to repeat myself...

I think this thread is really interesting... there's some wonderful usernames that have been selected that aren't discussed here (yet?!) ...

However I'm amazed that noone has taken The Mikado :ghostface: yet...

It seems such an obvious choice...

:ouro: Gra.