MillenniuM "AND" HR DVD news...

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

I didn't notice that thing about the poll when i skimmed through the transcript!  I guess to take it in context he was explaining to the simpsons lovers the poll results and it wasn't a jab at us.

And I hope that wasn't a jab at Simpsons lovers. The possibility of Simpsons DVD releases are the reason I originally BOUGHT a DVD player. *grins*. Sadly, though, the show did jump the shark... YEARS ago.

Of course, I'm getting EVERYTHING I want, lately, if we examine my top five TV shows of all time:

1. Millennium (Out this year)

2. Twin Peaks (Season one is out, I'll order this year's Australian release of Season two and a multi-region player if the US release doesn't happen...)

3. The Critic (Out this month!)

4. The Simpsons (Slowly coming out)

5. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Ordered the final season on Sunday).

So, one way or another, I'm a very happy (and rapidly becoming broke) DVD buyer.

Guest LauraKrycek

Let him be mad. We voted and Millennium won. The thing here to say is "He can kiss my ass" Millennium Rocks!

Well, what can he do about it? I mean, if he doesn't believe that there were that many separate people that voted for the show, someone could always just point him here and make him check out the member count. Point out to him just how much we're able to talk about a show that's been gone for like 5 years now. Geeez. Too late, man, we've won. :bigsmile:

Of course this is fantastic news, and I'm itching to know if we'll maybe even get Millennium in widescreen for the first time (in which I believe it was filmed but never prepared as such for broadcast) and just what will be included in the extras, such as the recent interview Lance is said to have recorded regarding the show.

Living in the UK, I'm also optimistic that the release schedule will follow humbly behind that for the US, just a few months as we have done with the X-Files box sets.

I'm a little nervous, along with a number of others here as I've read, to find out in due course whether sales will justify the release of Seasons Two and Three. Video releases here in the UK never made it past Season One, but then the market has changed sufficiently for FOX to commit to a DVD release, so we can but hope it will extend to the show's entire run.

:ouro:

Guest Second Coming

Sometimes I feel like the "first season not selling well" is a cop out. I remember when Twin Peaks came out they didn't ship many sets and they ran out. Then had to ship more and Paramount(I believe that's who it was) said they were excited that it sold a lot better than they expected. Like Staddon said though, costs are coming down now, I just hope season 1 sells well. It almost seemed like Staddon was already hinting that only season 1 would be released.

Sometimes I feel like the "first season not selling well" is a cop out.  I remember when Twin Peaks came out they didn't ship many sets and they ran out. Then had to ship more and Paramount(I believe that's who it was) said they were excited that it sold a lot better than they expected. Like Staddon said though, costs are coming down now, I just hope season 1 sells well. It almost seemed like Staddon was already hinting that only season 1 would be released.

I've heard speculation that the case with Twin Peaks MAY be that the first season sold well at first (as the die hard fans bought it), but sales petered out over subsequent months.

There are considerable costs involved in preparing a show for a DVD release...

And I hope that wasn't a jab at Simpsons lovers . . .

No, not at all! <insert suspicious-sounding "of course it wasn't!" laugh here> The Simpsons is my second favourite TV show, my favourite being Millennium (most obvious statement of the century!!) I just meant that The Simpsons is a main stream TV programme, so those fans were probably wondering why an obscure programme scored so highly.

Guest Regan MacNeil

You know, I'll bet the aspect ratio for the first season will be full screen. Millennium seasons 1,2 & 3 paralleled The X-Files seasons 4,5 & 6 and The X-Files didn't switch to widescreen until season 5. I bet Harsh Realm will be in widescreen since it paralleled X-season seven, although I may be the only person in the world who cares :wink: !

Guest Second Coming
You know, I'll bet the aspect ratio for the first season will be full screen.  Millennium seasons 1,2 & 3 paralleled The X-Files seasons 4,5 & 6 and The X-Files didn't switch to widescreen until season 5.  I bet Harsh Realm will be in widescreen since it paralleled X-season seven, although I may be the only person in the world who cares  :wink: !

Millennium Parralleled 4, 5, and 6? Wow, I didn't realize it came out that early. I thought it came out with season 5 or later. But I guess if you take into account that the "Millennium" episode of X-files was in the 7th season that seems to indicate your right. Man, that's a bummer. I want my 16x9!!! I plan on purchasing the Harsh Realm dvd as well. It can't be too much considering there were only 9 episodes.

• Elders (Admins)

On the subject of concern regarding S2 and S3 being released of MillenniuM, I really think its a strong possibility. Peter Staddon is obviously a fan of Season One, look at his comments, but as every Poll has shown on TIWWA and at MDUK in the past, the majority of MillenniuM fans cleary consider Season Two to be their favourite. The fact speaks clearly as an example taken from a slice of MillenniuM fans. Also, once fans have revisited S1, they would clearly be interested in watching S2 again and I think would rush out and buy it. I truly hope they release all three Seasons. The show, its cast, its crew and especially its fans deserve it.

Regards,

Graham.