Wanted: Millennium Movie scriptwriters

Rate this topic

Guest Jordan

I'm not sure if this is covered somewhere else (I don't think it is). I was just wondering that if a Millennium film got made, what would everyone like to see happen? Who would be in it, what would the theme be, when would it be set? I have a couple of ideas, but I don't have time to write them right now. . . and I thought I'd see what other people think first.

Guest LauraKrycek

:tongue: I don't really know what all a movie would be about, but I've always had these few ideas for episodes floating around in my head. Maybe someday, if I'm a writer on a show, I'll use them for that. But one of them is kind of an empath-type thing (I started writing it before I saw XF "Oubliette", and they're nothing alike), and the other is based partly around this place near my house. It's like a museum-site-thing, where they have lots of animals and old houses and stuff, pretty much to teach about how life used to be in Appalachia back in the day. But there's a huge display of these carefully carved huge stone crosses. They've got an amazing story (plus the guy who made them was kinda looney), and I think that it'd be a great focus for an ep.

But anyway, a movie would, of course, have Lance in it. And Terry O'Quinn -- I'm sorry, *Terrance Quinn*. And Brittany Tiplady! She'd *have* to be in there. And if they wanted to get all Hollywood with it, they'd have flashbacks to when Catherine was alive (to display his anguish over not having her), and then they'd get Megan Gallagher to film new scenes for it. That'd be awesome. Of course, it would be awesome enough for them to make a movie in the first place, but all that would make it fantastic. The plot's up to them, as long as it's written by Morgan and Wong, a la "Midnight of the Century" and "Curse of Frank Black"

Laura, I think Chris carter won't let Morgan and Wong anywhere near a Millennium movie, and Morgan and Wong probably will never with FOX again due to being burned too many times by FOX (SAAB, two pilots that didn't get picked up, and the Fantastic Voyage remake script that never got filmed).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Laura, I think Chris carter won't let Morgan and Wong anywhere near a Millennium movie, and Morgan and Wong probably will never  with FOX again due to being burned too many times by FOX (SAAB, two pilots that didn't get picked up, and the Fantastic Voyage remake script that never got filmed).

Well, that doesn't bother me, because I don't expect a MM movie to ever be made. Anything I say is always pure imagination, and I've always made that clear. She asked, and I said the way I'd want it.

Not that anything we say here would affect it in any way, anyhow...

Guest Second Coming

I would like to see some resolution of who was killed in Peter Watt's office. It never showed the face, and they seem to want you to think that it was Peter, but knowing how CC and 1013 do things it most likely wasn't Peter.

I would like to see some resolution of who was killed in Peter Watt's office.  It never showed the face, and they seem to want you to think that it was Peter, but knowing how CC and 1013 do things it most likely wasn't Peter.

.....i,personally,have no doubt that it was NOT peter watts on the floor. no way. my best guess would be a group hit man,or perhaps the human shell,if you will,of MABIUS/LEGION???

~se7en :ouro:

The kind of thing that I had in mind when I started this topic was a film set before Frank joined the Millennium group . . . which wouldn't really be a Millennium film, I guess, which is probably a very big drawback! I think that it would be interesting to see how Frank adjusts to his gift and learns to use it; "Midnight of the Century" established that he started to get visions in his childhood, so how did he come to the conclusion that he wasn't cracking up and these visions actually meant something? Did his true gift only become understood when he was approaced by the Group? Also, how did Catherine react finding out about Frank's gift? How exactly did he come into contact with the Millennium group?

I also think that a prelude-film could be good in introducing people to the series. I don't think its likely one would ever get made, unfortunately.

Guest WaveCrest

Trying to keep positive that a Millennium movie could be made, I'd like to see a standalone story like with a second X Files movie but a myth-arc story could be done as well so it can feature Peter Watts. That's a good idea to have Catherine in it too. I'd like to see Lucy Butler in the film as well. These would add a welcome sense of familarity for fans (in the sense of the characters, not a deja-vu plot feeling).

Edited by WaveCrest