3. Lamentation

4. Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions

5. Borrowed Time

6. The Beginning and the End

7. Midnight of the Century

8. Antipas

9. Goodbye Charlie

10. The Well-Worn Lock

Nice list, the only one I'm not overly fond of is well worn lock, but it wasn't bad. It's good to see "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" get such a high vote. I think it was a great episode as well. The other ones you mention are all 5 star (out of 5) episodes and some of my favorites as well.

Oh, boy ! This is a hot one ! As I can make my mind which ones I liked most.

Oh well, here it goes :

The Judge

Open House

Collateral Damage

Somehow Satan got behind me

Jose Cung's Dooomsday defense

Mikado

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye to all that

And this is as far as I can go

Guest F_Black

Mine (in no particular order):

Midnight of the Century

Luminary

Pilot

The Sound of Snow

The Curse of Frank Black

Goodbye, Charlie

Covenant

Hand of St. Sebastian

There are a couple Season 3's that I like, but I haven't gotten the DVDs yet, so I can't really remember them too clearly. Maybe "Skull and Bones" and "Matryoshka".

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Mine (in no particular order):

Midnight of the Century

Luminary

Pilot

The Sound of Snow

The Curse of Frank Black

Goodbye, Charlie

Covenant

Hand of St. Sebastian

There are a couple Season 3's that I like, but I haven't gotten the DVDs yet, so I can't really remember them too clearly. Maybe "Skull and Bones" and "Matryoshka".

That's a mighty handsome list. It's nice to see the underrated Covenant on your list. It's a great episode that you rarely see discussed. As for season 3, Skull and Bones was another great one in my opinion. Matryoshka, on the other hand, didn't really float my boat. :oneeyedwinK

That's a mighty handsome list. It's nice to see the underrated Covenant on your list. It's a great episode that you rarely see discussed. As for season 3, Skull and Bones was another great one in my opinion. Matryoshka, on the other hand, didn't really float my boat. :oneeyedwinK

Yet I find Matryoshka, a very powerful episode. Very instructive...

Guest betweenthelines

liberty, when you mentioned 'Open House' . . . were you thinking of 'Wide Open'?

BTW, I'm glad you picked 'Collateral Damage'. That's one of my favorite Season 3 episodes, despite some far-fetched moments. James Marsters gave a great performance as Swan and I liked how Art Bell was written into the episode instead of creating some fictional radio host.

liberty, when you mentioned 'Open House' . . . were you thinking of 'Wide Open'?

BTW, I'm glad you picked 'Collateral Damage'. That's one of my favorite Season 3 episodes, despite some far-fetched moments. James Marsters gave a great performance as Swan and I liked how Art Bell was written into the episode instead of creating some fictional radio host.

Right, " Wide Open ". Thanks for the correction. " Actually " Collateral Damage " features a great performance from Terry O'Quin

Edited by liberty

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, I watched Covenant again last night and was coming here to add it to my list because I thought I'd forgotten it. I don't get some of it, but the dialog is very well written.

Questions: The wife didn't have an affair with the deputy? Garry did have an affair with. . .someone? Who? What was her pregnancy all about?

Aha. If Garry did, in fact, have an affair, that would explain why he thought he should also die ("blood on his hands") even though his wife did the killing: he sees it as his unfaithfulness that caused her to do it.

I'll add Collateral Damage to my list as well, even though I've not seen it in a while. O'Quinn was very powerful in that. I vividly recall the scene where he's still trying to convince Frank to help him and he sorta loses his composure momentarily over the fact that it's his daughter. He does this on Lost quite often, too. That scene, and the whole episode, reminded me that he and Frank, apart from all the Group stuff that has come between them, have a basic respect for one another and friendship.

Funny, I watched Covenant again last night and was coming here to add it to my list because I thought I'd forgotten it. I don't get some of it, but the dialog is very well written.

Questions: The wife didn't have an affair with the deputy? Garry did have an affair with. . .someone? Who? What was her pregnancy all about?

Aha. If Garry did, in fact, have an affair, that would explain why he thought he should also die ("blood on his hands") even though his wife did the killing: he sees it as his unfaithfulness that caused her to do it.

I'll add Collateral Damage to my list as well, even though I've not seen it in a while. O'Quinn was very powerful in that. I vividly recall the scene where he's still trying to convince Frank to help him and he sorta loses his composure momentarily over the fact that it's his daughter. He does this on Lost quite often, too. That scene, and the whole episode, reminded me that he and Frank, apart from all the Group stuff that has come between them, have a basic respect for one another and friendship.

i thought that Garry's wife had the affair the deputy and was preganant

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i thought that Garry's wife had the affair the deputy and was preganant

I think it was Garry (William) who had an affair, but according to the deputy, it was one slip in all their years. I don't think his wife had any affair, and the baby would have been Williams.