Questions about Darwin's Eye

Rate this topic

Guest notbadforahuman

Guest notbadforahuman

hey there!

so i am on my way through season 3 for the first time. i watched Darwin's Eye the other night and had a few lingering questions that perhaps a few of you could assist me with? :angel:

what on earth does the concept of 'darwin's eye' have to do with what the main character is 'going through'? is it just basically saying that she turned into a killer w/out any sort of 'evolution'? She just BECAME who she was after a single given event in her life (her father raping her, i believe)?

is it true that she did not shoot the deputy at the end before she cut his head off because she said that she loved him? if so, what significance does this have?

sorry if i am missing anything here! thanks for any assistance you can provide! :doh:

Guest Moriarty

Well, if anyone can answer this I will be glad to read it. There is only 1 episode of MM that I just can't figure out and that is Darwin's Eye. So good question this one...

Well, if anyone can answer this I will be glad to read it. There is only 1 episode of MM that I just can't figure out and that is Darwin's Eye. So good question this one...

https://www.paperstreetprod.com/rogueseye/season3/318.html

This link offers the most cohesive explanation of "Darwin's Eye" i could find..

4th Horseman..

• 2 years later...

So did she kill her dad in the motel room and take his body home and put it in the garage, or did she kill him at home and take the head back to the motel room for some reason? And why did she kill her mum?

• 11 months later...

I really like this episode and my only misgiving comes from how the similar the concern of the episode is to that of "Closure". Whilst "Darwin's Eye" introduces a conspiracy as a carrot-dangle it's message is ultimate revealed to be that there is no reason or grand design in why some people kill and others do not. This is, to my mind, exactly what "Closure" sought to state. Both episodes begin with a similar premise and end on a similar resolution. There's enough variety to keep them from feeling like the same story told two different ways but the central idea behind them is the same.

Eth

Good point. I admit to having my share of simple minded moments in that there is enough of the variety, as you put, to keep those episodes from being repeats for me. Now that you got my mind on it, maybe the recurring theme is meant to be, given human nature and the like. I often make the statement that humanity seems to continue to have the same problems, just with some different and "time-sensitive" window dressings.

I think there's some truth in what you're saying. Whilst season one took a speculative approach to what precipitates acts of evil (Legion) and season two built upon this to make evil even more of an anthropomorphic/demonic concept, season three does have at it's heart the mantra that "...we are heading towards an apocalypse of our own creation..." It could well be that the emphasis of that season was to be one of "..people do evil things simply because they can..." and that man would ultimate be his own undoing but I think it struggled to maintain that, if it ever intended it, as "Seven and One", "Bardo Thodol" and "Antipas" put us firmly back in the realms of season one and two. I think season three is long overdue a marathon. :thumbsup:

Eth