Concern About Lance Henriksen's Health

Rate this topic

Guest lafemmenikita07

Guest lafemmenikita07
Dudes, the man is in his late 60's. I hope I look that good and sexy at his age!

Ditto!!! I feed like I should have kept that information to myself. I did not mean to "stir people up". I just wanted to talk to somebody. You see I am surrounded by people that think I am sort of weird to like a man that is biologically old enough to be my father. So I am very careful what I discuss if I discuss anything at all. I just thought this could be a form where I could "throw" out their what I heard to get some replies. In addition I could discuss Lance with people with a common interest. So far I do not think about his health anymore. The person that told me could have be mistaken. Sorry!!!! Lafemmenikita07

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lafemmenikita07
Let's hope he lives to be 150 at least!

I am with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because of the comments from the Super Fans in this blog I do not think about it anymore. I think my source was mistaken. Thanks all!!!!!! :swingin:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Let's hope he lives to be 150 at least!

Don't get me wrong, Lance is the best, but I shudder to think about how many wrinkles he would have on his face at age 150. :oneeyedwinK

• 5 weeks later...
Guest lafemmenikita07
Don't get me wrong, Lance is the best, but I shudder to think about how many wrinkles he would have on his face at age 150. :oneeyedwinK

Well I started seriously approximately 2 to 3 years. Use a product on your face that has some type of UV protection even if the sun is not brite and/or you are inside the house. The sun not only burns it can cause premature aging.

The older you get your products should change. For example men and woman over 40 years need more products with Vitamin C in them. Also some product lines may not state it; however, their products are designed for 20 to 25 year olds. You can outgrow a particular product.

Apply a protective product around the eye area daily or every other day. Treat the lip area.

Drink plenty of water. Try to avoid products with mineral oil.

My face and body products are manufactured in Italy, China, and parts of the UK and distributed by American Companies. I find them on www.hsn.com. Check out Signature A; Wei East; Serious Skin Care; All these products are sold at high end upper scale store; however, HSN negotiated a deal. Try it yourself.

Don't use bar soap on your face. Use face creme cleaners or lotions. They contain more natural ingredients.

Guest SouthernCelt
little do you all know Lance is actually 150yrs old. I should know, i am also immortal.

Is that 'immortal' as in "Near Dark" vampirism or 'immortal' as in "Highlander"? If it's the latter, there can be only one! When are you and Lance going to "duke it out" to see who goes on?

• Elders (Moderators)

Someone over at Lance's imdb board posted this youtube link:

It's from the SciFi Convention this year. It's just over 9 minutes long and Lance appears about half way through. The man looks even better!

• 1 month later...
Guest Doll
Ditto!!! I feed like I should have kept that information to myself. I did not mean to "stir people up". I just wanted to talk to somebody. You see I am surrounded by people that think I am sort of weird to like a man that is biologically old enough to be my father. So I am very careful what I discuss if I discuss anything at all. I just thought this could be a form where I could "throw" out their what I heard to get some replies. In addition I could discuss Lance with people with a common interest. So far I do not think about his health anymore. The person that told me could have be mistaken. Sorry!!!! Lafemmenikita07

:hug2: I think everyone here can tell that the context of your statements imply concern & good wishes, not instigation. As for those people, they're not as open-minded as they'd probably have others believe, being too judgemental isn't exactly being a friend & sometimes borders on manipulation. When I was telling my sister abt the guy I've been seeing, she was saying, ' whatever's good for you,' but had a look on her face that made me think if she had testes they'd be hitting the floor right then. :ick: She's also a good deal younger than I which kind of curbs one's outlook.

I also think the references I've seen here abt stuff like, age difference, was always meant in jest.

:frank_black:

You might look @ my response on pg 3 of 'Frank's history, birthdate... ' :tasty: & in 'sexy / not' I had to clarify that the statement, "craggy faced" wasn't applicable for Lance ~ if it makes the man more attractive it's character. :tongue: & if it doesn't that's his problem.

If you ever want to talk in a more private setting abt anything, just e-m me.

{And don't be alarmed by these next statements b/c they have no basis in truth towards Lance, but nowadays a person's functionality may not be indicative of being healthy. In Jerry Orbach's case, I didn't even realize he had, throat cancer (maybe), until I heard he had passed. Jerry, however, as far as I'm aware didn't travel all over the place on top of making L & O, but he never stopped working.

It all depends on what kind of cancer, how widespread, what stage, & what medications, chemo, tests, & surgeries they have to endure. And don't let those commercials for the injection that raises the white blood cell count in c patients fool you: that shot makes them hurt w/bone pain, so bad that most people won't take their chemos on schedule. Bone pain is some of the most excruciating kind & all we are is onlookers; can't change it. Unfortunately, I know from experience. Even though my mom looked great the majority of the time, for a little over 2 yrs, the pain & other nasty side effects prohibited her from doing her work as a floral mgr. It was ovarian & treated very aggressively w/ some the strongest of chemos, taxol. Most people don't think of floristry as labor - but it is. There's picking up / moving heavy plants & big containers of water to put the cut flowers in, etc almost every day. I remember one day my sister went to help mom for abt 5 hrs. When they got home she told mom, "I'm not going out! I think I'm going to die-how do you do this 6 & 7 days a week? Goodnight." She was a teenager @ the time of 13. I laugh every time I think of that. (please, no one needs to give me any condolences, I'm not trying to be rude just educational, but it's over & more importantly I'm finally in a better frame of mind abt it. Her suffering the last 2 months was unbearable for me & I couldn't get passed it for a very long time. Probably b/c I couldn't help her, but that's all behind me.}