X-files box set, Abduction!

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

OK, for all of the hard core X-files fans out there, you are probably well aware of this, but I ran across an X-files 4 disc box set today featuring the "Abduction" episodes, and I have rarely seen a better selection in a compilation DVD set. I had seen similar sets with the same packaging, but wasn't interested in the selection. One of them was "Super Soldiers", which was a story line that I had no interest in, and I forget the other ones, but I remember them selling for $40, which makes my purchase today all the more glorious, given that I found my copy in the used bin for $16, and was delighted to find that the discs were in mint condition, along with the packaging. It's amazing how many of my favorites were crammed onto this 4 disc set, such as the Pilot, One Breath, Deep Throat, Duane Barry and Paper Clip, just to name a few. For any fans who are interested in having some of the best episodes of X-files ever, the "Abduction" episodes, and don't want to spend the money on all the season box sets, this is a good one to look into.

Guest betweenthelines

I'm glad you found a near-perfect used set. Most of the used DVDs I notice seem to have some sort of flaws in them! The Season 9 set I purchased used wasn't exactly in mint condition...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'm glad you found a near-perfect used set. Most of the used DVDs I notice seem to have some sort of flaws in them! The Season 9 set I purchased used wasn't exactly in mint condition...

Yes, I wont even get into my experiences with used CDs and DVDs. I do a lot of buying on Ebay, and there is almost always some kind of catch involved. People are rarely completely honest about the condition of used items, and, of course, if you buy used at the local CD/DVD store, you never know what you are going to get. In this case, I got lucky and was very pleased, but more often then not I'm disappointed. I never could figure out why, when I go to sell used items at stores, they examine the items and often reject them based on condition. Then, when I buy items at the same stores where they so vigorously inspected my items, I get junk that is all scratched up or damaged in other ways. Go figure. :doh:

I just wish I could find season 4 in it's origional packaging. I've gotten the others, either from Selfosophy Psycho before he moved (thanks, Scott!) or from Terry, who's been helping me complete my collection, but when he went to get the last 3 I was lacking for Christmas, only seasons 8 and 9 were still in the normal big box sets. They had re-released season 4 in some new, skimpy package. So, we decided to try to find it elsewhere sometime.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I just wish I could find season 4 in it's origional packaging. I've gotten the others, either from Selfosophy Psycho before he moved (thanks, Scott!) or from Terry, who's been helping me complete my collection, but when he went to get the last 3 I was lacking for Christmas, only seasons 8 and 9 were still in the normal big box sets. They had re-released season 4 in some new, skimpy package. So, we decided to try to find it elsewhere sometime.

Yes, I have seen that skimpy packaging, and that would be a bummer to have all of the original packaging with all the other seasons and then have the junky packaging for season four. Sounds like maybe Ebay is the way to go. I know Ebay has saved my but many times and also saved me a ton of money.