Millennium Soundtrack on iTunes

Rate this topic

Guest skaldcrow

Guest Sixth Seal
i would be REALLY interesting in listenning to this though it drives me nuts,on both cd's that there is no music from "THE THIN WHITE LINE","PPTD-(CHASE THEME) and "THE WILD AND THE INNOCENT". THESE EPS CONTAIN SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC OF THE ENTIRE SERIES!

I applaud your taste, and I'd like to add the themes from Force Majeure and Owls and Roosters to the wish-list.

As far as the download times are concerned, I have a simple dial-up connection, and I simply downloaded the whole soundtrack overnight. It's wonderful ambience for writing. :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to choose the tracks to go one 1 CD. I wonder if they'd fit on 3?!

Thinking about it that's interesting, the soundtrack has only been released (so far) to the digital community where CD size limits, particulary the old 74 min 650MB standard are irrelevent. If it were their sole intention to make the soundtrack availble online, surely they would add more if not all of Mark Snow's tracks for a better return? I would speculate that by virtue of the fact that they limited the potential size of the soundtrack to that of a CD, that they one day intend for it to be released in the same layout and size.

Graham :ouro:

Edited by The Old Man

Guest Sixth Seal

Well, you never know. It's quite possible that they're planning to release more if this "CD" goes over fairly well, but are delaying releasing more to avoid buyer paralysis. ("Four Millennium soundtracks? Whichever shall I choose?! Aaaaah!")

Guest WaveCrest

I hadn't looked in this thread till tonight but last night I read the new news on the first page of TIWWA about this Millennium album. I thought it was a CD album but it's an electronic album only.

Guest SoundofSnow

Newbie here :yes: Hope I can shed some light on this whole soundtrack thing.

Three promo CDs (one for each season) were put together in 2001/2002... now, someone found a copy of the first season CD and its all over the place. lol There are some not-so-happy-people because of this!

The first CD contains music from the pilot, Gehenna, Blood Relatives, Force Majeure, Marantha, Lamentation & PPTD plus the extended theme and end titles. 23 tracks I think.

The second CD has music from The Beginning and the End, Monster, Hand of St Sebastian, Jose Chung, Midnight of the Century, Owls/Roosters, Anamnesis, Fourth Horseman/Time is Now plus end titles. 27 tracks.

And the final CD has music from The Innocents, TEOTWAWKI, Omerta, Borrowed Time, Sound of Snow, Goodbye to All That plus the 3rd season theme and end titles. 22 tracks.

Ok... pause to breathe.

So, as you can see the selections on the "Best of Millennium" soundtrack at iTunes comes from the above 3 CDs which explains why Closure, Luminary, Thin White Line, Curse of Frank Black, etc. aren't on the "electronic CD" (now why weren't these included in the original promo CDs? I really don't know... I had nothing to do with putting those together!)

I wasn't able to find anything via Google under various sites except I ran a search for Fox Music and found their site: www.foxmusic.com

Graham, that site is used for licensing music from the Fox Music catalogue. I don't think they sell any music CDs there (well last time I checked.. could be wrong!). TCF Music Publishing is 20th Century Fox's music department who owns every bit of Mark Snow's music for Millennium and the other 1013 shows a.k.a. the people who should have released about 10 XF & MM CDs by now.

...yet no site, in particular Mark Snow sites mention it!

If only my life isn't so busy these days, I would've mentioned something on the Yahoo Mark Snow group or my Snow site which should be Mark's official site by now but there seems to be some delay...

Strangely if you do look at them for one of the Millennium film links it said the score was by Mark Snow. Did he do that or is that a mistake?

Graham, definitely a mistake. Hans Zimmer did the 80s movie, I think?? Well it certainly would be nice if it was a Millennium-Frank Black movie!

..i do remember that FOX had planned,a year or 2 ago,to put up MM-music tracks for download,for a price,on thier own website. this infuriated mark snow as he has been trying desperately,in vain,to get his music rights for MM back from FOX. At first they deamanded a ridiculous amount for the rights,and then a while later they made that half-hearted plan on posting tracks to thier own site. -(at least i think that's how the story goes!)

Se7en, that's sort of the story! lol Back in 2000, I ran a campaign to convince Fox about the whole CD thing. It seemed to work- they said "OK". But then, something happened and they changed their mind. Various labels were interested but Fox wanted so much money that these small companies simply couldn't afford it. Then there was the time Fox was planning to launch a music site, something like iTunes I guess, but that never happened (like so many other things concerning MM).

I'll certainly try to get some more info re: Millennium music on CD... will keep you updated!

Raj

p.s. Before anyone asks me, sorry I dont have any of the CDs mentioned above but i surely wish that we will see these in stores one day *sigh* :praying: Oh, and please lets leave this post here for members of this forum only... thanks i appreciate it a lot!! :yes:

• Elders (Admins)

Thank you very much for all juicy information! :tasty:

Not sure where to start so I'll work through it...

I recognise your name from being one of my often visited sites (stick it in your Profile man!)!!! I'm really pleased you've found us. Also thanks again for the information. To think there were actually three promo cd's made is incredible. The first one for Season One is absolutely stunning. I can only imagine what the others must be like!

You have provided a very realistic explanation as to the Best Of CD, its a damn shame though that its not available to purchase or download unless you are in the US of A. You have to provide an update on your site, no excuses! What would Mark think!?

Thanks for clarifying that Mark Snow didn't compose the tracks for the 'MillenniuM' movie! I thought I didn't recall that amongst his credits.

Thanks again for joining us and adding something extra to the pot!

Regards,

Graham.

.....well it's good to know my long term memory is still halfway decent!lol ,thanks for confirming and clarifying so much info. ...and just like 99.999% of all posts yours will certainly be staying put as this must have info for MM-fans.

I,again,reiterate Gra's hearty thanks and am very glad you joined up here. We all hope you'll stop by as often as you can. -(BTW: you're right: the season-1 promo may be out of the bag but myself,and virtually everyone i know,plan on buying the "official" release when it comes to stores.

...i'm still debating on whether to download the "BEST OF MM" at i-tunes. but there is nothing like tearing the cellophane off an actual jewel case and discovering what's inside;liner notes,tech info,etc. nothing beats it....expect for LP-packaging,of course.lol!)

PEACE,

se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Se7en, the Gravy's gone to your head man. I can't believe you haven't melted your telephone wire downloading it yet! Its a MillenniuM Soundtrack, man! I'd pay you to download it for me but it would be restricted to your PC I think. I'll have to be patient.

Guest SoundofSnow

Graham, glad to know you found the info tasty! :tasty: I don't own a copy of the Season One promo so I can only imagine how amazing it and the others must be! No dialogue or sound effects! Did you get yours through ebay? I remember hearing from someone about 30 copies being sold there. Being a huge Mark Snow fan for about 15 freaking years, I'm so annoyed that a lot of his music is available only as promos and on special "archive" CDs. :angry::angry: (mental note: calm down, you'll scare them!!)

BTW I think iTunes will be available for Europeans sometime this year. It was mentioned somewhere on that site. Apparently they had some problems with licensing.... now if only they could get iTunes working for us down here.

Se7en, thanks for the kind words... will make every attempt to visit TIWWA during one of my rare breaks from "the real world". Yes nothing beats the jewel case with notes, brilliant colour photos and all of that good stuff. I've seen CDs released for the most obscure TV series, why not MM? Surely the electronic version isn't going to sell as many copies.... maybe this is Fox's plan ? A failure that can be cited later when providing a lame excuse such as: "There's not enough interest".

Am I the only one who dreams of an isolated score track for the upcoming DVDs? It'll never happen of course. :cry:

Regards,

Raj

Se7en, the Gravy's gone to your head man. I can't believe you haven't melted your telephone wire downloading it yet! Its a MillenniuM Soundtrack, man! I'd pay you to download it for me but it would be restricted to your PC I think. I'll have to be patient.

....i have not been to itunes yet,but i'm pretty sure once it's on your/my hardrive that i can burn it for personal use. if not,then what's the point of paying for it if you can only hear through your lousy computer?(i do the majority of my music playing in the ole truck.....NOT on my computer :gaba: ) ....but hey,who knows? i'll have to siddle over there sometime this weekend. "if".....okay,"when" i do decide to do it,have no fear senior-old man.

"the other old man....it's what's for dinner." :tongue:

se7en :ouro: