Millennium Soundtrack on iTunes

Rate this topic

Guest skaldcrow

Graham, glad to know you found the info tasty!  :tasty: I don't own a copy of the Season One promo so I can only imagine how amazing it and the others must be! No dialogue or sound effects! Did you get yours through ebay? I remember hearing from someone about 30 copies being sold there. Being a huge Mark Snow fan for about 15 freaking years, I'm so annoyed that a lot of his music is available only as promos and on special "archive" CDs.  :angry:  :angry:  (mental note: calm down, you'll scare them!!)

BTW I think iTunes will be available for Europeans sometime this year. It was mentioned somewhere on that site. Apparently they had some problems with licensing.... now if only they could get iTunes working for us down here.

Se7en, thanks for the kind words... will make every attempt to visit TIWWA during one of my rare breaks from "the real world". Yes nothing beats the jewel case with notes, brilliant colour photos and all of that good stuff. I've seen CDs released for the most obscure TV series, why not MM? Surely the electronic version isn't going to sell as many copies.... maybe this is Fox's plan ? A failure that can be cited later when providing a lame excuse such as: "There's not enough interest".

Am I the only one who dreams of an isolated score track for the upcoming DVDs? It'll never happen of course.  :cry:

Regards,

Raj

.....why not MM indeed. hell,there's even a soundtrack for the 80's series Airwolf,by-"what ever happened to"-sylvester levay!

Mark Snow's talent has been undervalued long enough! he deserves his due damnit.

THANKS AGAIN,

se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)
....i have not been to itunes yet,but i'm pretty sure once it's on your/my hardrive that i can burn it for personal use. if not,then what's the point of paying for it if you can only hear through your lousy computer?(i do the majority of my music playing in the ole truck.....NOT on my computer :gaba: )  ....but hey,who knows? i'll have to siddle over there sometime this weekend.                          se7en :ouro:

Hi Se7en,

I just looked at the site and found this...

Unlike some applications that limit the number of CDs you can burn, iTunes lets you burn as many custom CDs as you like.

You can burn your own custom music CDs in less time than it actually takes to play them, because iTunes works at the fastest CD-burning speed supported by your drive.

iTunes makes it incredibly easy to create your own custom music CDs to play in your car or home stereo. What’s more, iTunes 4 uses SoundCheck technology to ensure that the volume level on every CD you create is consistent. If you don’t have a broadband connection and can’t get one, use the shopping cart to hold all your music selections until you’re ready to buy. That way you can use your 1-Click account to make your purchase, and leave your computer to go do something else while your music downloads.

iTunes is 20MB to download, if you want I can send it you on CD.

Also I noticed it allows for gift certifiicates which may be a way of people out of the USA to get the the soundtrack, if they pay someone in the US first perhaps via PayPal? I don't know if it would allow the person to download though.

UPDATED: Can customers outside the US redeem gift certificates?

At this time, you must reside in the United States to redeem an iTunes Gift Certificate.

Graham. :ouro:

Edited by The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)
Graham, glad to know you found the info tasty!  :tasty: I don't own a copy of the Season One promo so I can only imagine how amazing it and the others must be! No dialogue or sound effects! Did you get yours through ebay?

Hi, I too remember someone selling them on Ebay. This was discussed on the MillenniuM usenet newsgroup too. Actually, perhaps it not a promo afterall if all three CD's were made and planned for release. You can't imagine how fantastic it is to listen to those tracks, completely unedited and with no dialogue or effects!

BTW I think iTunes will be available for Europeans sometime this year. It was mentioned somewhere on that site. Apparently they had some problems with licensing.... now if only they could get iTunes working for us down here.

I hope that iTunes does indeed get released for Europe and of course down-under! I was looking at the site again this morning. I recall everyones excitement when iTunes went for Windows and I couldn't see yet understood there must be something very special about it for people to start ditching Kazaa and their other P2P sharing programs. My son is strating to express an interest in the internet and music, I know it won't be long before he wants music to download but the P2P programs are riddled with stuff I woudn't want him to see etc. iTunes does indeed offer a good, well priced alternitive and as they point out the music is crystal and not recompresssed so many times.

With the iTunes Music Store, you don’t have to deal with the hassles of a subscription service. What’s more, the iTunes Music Store is a great legal alternative to file sharing, where you’re not always sure what you’re getting. After all, why settle for third- and fourth-generation bootlegged music that has been compressed and re-compressed so many times that percussion sounds like static, when you can get high-quality AAC music files for just 99¢ each? And shopping is secure — industrial-strength encryption software protects the integrity of your online transactions — and the system is fair to you and the recording artists.

AAC: MPEG-4 audio

AAC (for Advanced Audio Coding, a big part of the MPEG-4 specification) is the cutting-edge audio codec that’s perfect for the Internet. AAC encoding compresses much more efficiently than older formats like MP3 (which iTunes still supports, by the way), while delivering quality rivaling that of uncompressed CD audio. In fact, some expert listeners have judged AAC audio files compressed at 128 Kbps (stereo) to be virtually indistinguishable from the original uncompressed audio source. iTunes 4 and QuickTime (6.2 and higher) are all you need to get started.

Regards,

Graham :ouro:

Guest takeshi

Just downloaded Best of Millennium last night. While I agree with the sentiment that a physical CD with packaging and art would be better, a release like this is better than nothing and allows Millennium fans to actually put their pocketbooks (which is all that really matters to studios) behind their words. If this flops, there's no way any label is going to invest in the art, production, storage, and distribution/shipping of stock for an actual CD release.

Whether or not you agree with iTunes or paying for electronic music (sure, you'll find this on P2P networks soon), I definitely recommend doing what you can to help make this release show up on their sales radar.

I really had no intent of ever touching iTunes until hearing about this release...

• Elders (Admins)

Hi, I totally agree with everything you just said. However, I can see the benefits of iTunes too. I will buy it when its released over here in the UK. One aspect of iTunes is that for us with the exchange rate in our favour against the dollar, USA purchases are very attractive. I'm not sure if for any other music I would pay say £10 to download it when I could order a CD for £8.99 via the net but I'm digressing into a different argument here.

Graham :ouro:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest edouardvertigo

Hello,

I am desparately trying to find someone who could download the itunes tracks from MLM for me.

Itunes is unavailable in Europe yet so it is impossible for me to get it for the moment.

I'd be really happy if someone could help.

Thank you all in advance.

edouardvertigo@aol.com

Edouard.

Guest Badwisdom

i am also in Europe, unable to buy and download (stupid oh stupid music regulations), and would be willing to pay anyone for a CD of Mark snow's 'Best of' CD so they can buy the tracks for me.

Please email me badwisdom@novelit.com

thanks a lot !!!

• 1 month later...

No one outside the US is allowed to buy music in the iTunes Music Store yet. This is due to regulations set by the record companies. Apple is eager to release a European-wide Music Store some time this year but is held back by such companies.

If you have a Gift certificate or one of the Pepsi/iTunes redeem coupons, you still need a valid US billing address.

And yes, unlimited Audio CD burning is supported.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Yaponchik
i am also in Europe, unable to buy and download (stupid oh stupid music regulations), and would be willing to pay anyone for a CD of Mark snow's 'Best of' CD so they can buy the tracks for me.

Please email me badwisdom@novelit.com

thanks a lot !!!

Same goes for me. Contact me if there is a solution.

I could even offer (temporary) upload possibility.

Graham, do post the info as soon as you find it. It is so silly to go through all this trouble when somewhere else people can buy this for a few dollars !! :gaba:

Regards,

Sven (Yaponchik).