Where's Waldo?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yes... I know it's not the same house, since it was a Baltimore real estate site, but the closeness is just spooky! :eyes::eyes:

And, I know what you're talking about when it comes to being a "different person" now. It's more than just regular adult responsibilities. (I was 23 when Millennium came out, in 1996, but didn't "find it" until I was 27, in 2000) Since my life had already been ripped apart....TWICE, finding Millennium, which seemed to be written by someone who had the same thoughts/feelings I had about the nature of good & evil, and the responsibility each of us has to play their part in the history we are making each day.

Sorry to get metaphysical on ya.... but it's a New Year now, and a new side of me is emerging.

Ah yes, one of those things that makes life so interesting is that perpetual change, and one day we will be looking back at now and being amazed at how different we are, and how different life is. Today I was just thinking about this time of year back in 1999. I can remember getting wrapped up in the whole Y2K scare, and driving around about this same time of year back then, looking for a propane heater in case the power went out due to computer problems. It seems silly now, and it seems like a million years ago. Anyways, things worked out then, as they always seem to, and hopefully this will be another year where things work themselves out. I hope it is a great new year for everyone here.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ein042

Well put, MIB. It's a comforting thought since I'm older than most of you and looking back is pretty much my lot now. I would like to think things run in cycles and we are bound for an upswing.

Thanks for that :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Well put, MIB. It's a comforting thought since I'm older than most of you and looking back is pretty much my lot now. I would like to think things run in cycles and we are bound for an upswing.

Thanks for that :yes:

Don't worry, I'm not far behind you. Despite my "Toys Are Us Kid" behavior, I am getting up there and pushing the big 40. I will be 39 in April. It doesn't feel like it though. Being the youngest kid in my family and given my resistance for taking on responsibility, it just doesn't feel like I could be a 40 year old soon. I agree though, lets hope for an upswing in the cycle. I don't know about you, but I'm sure due. :oneeyedwinK

Guest ein042
Don't worry, I'm not far behind you. Despite my "Toys Are Us Kid" behavior, I am getting up there and pushing the big 40. I will be 39 in April. It doesn't feel like it though. Being the youngest kid in my family and given my resistance for taking on responsibility, it just doesn't feel like I could be a 40 year old soon. I agree though, lets hope for an upswing in the cycle. I don't know about you, but I'm sure due. :oneeyedwinK

Any kind of movement, up or down is appreciated. And don't borrow before its here. You are still allowed and not out of place in the Toys R Us where as I'm getting to look a bit strange there. Not giving my age yet - though some know it because of invasive registration boards *cough-zesusfarber-cough*

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Any kind of movement, up or down is appreciated. And don't borrow before its here. You are still allowed and not out of place in the Toys R Us where as I'm getting to look a bit strange there. Not giving my age yet - though some know it because of invasive registration boards *cough-zesusfarber-cough*

LOL, I'm sure you calling him zesusfarber is punishment enough for him knowing your actual age. :oneeyedwinK I don't know why, but I thought the 42 in Ein42 represented your age. What does it mean, if you don't mind me asking. I am guessing that you didn't have to take the same Ein42 because 41 other people took the screen names Ein1 through Ein41. :oneeyedwinK:jumping: I guess I look OK at Toys Are Us. People probably just think I have kids, when actually it's neices and nephews. Unfortunately, before long people might think I'm shopping for grand kids. :eyes:

Guest ein042
LOL, I'm sure you calling him zesusfarber is punishment enough for him knowing your actual age. :oneeyedwinK I don't know why, but I thought the 42 in Ein42 represented your age. What does it mean, if you don't mind me asking. I am guessing that you didn't have to take the same Ein42 because 41 other people took the screen names Ein1 through Ein41. :oneeyedwinK:jumping: I guess I look OK at Toys Are Us. People probably just think I have kids, when actually it's neices and nephews. Unfortunately, before long people might think I'm shopping for grand kids. :eyes:

I kinda ran the gamut registering for Scott's board. before he deleted them for me there was 4 ein's. 041 through 044, in the members list. I'd tried your suggestion of registering with different names when I had a problem posting. (no imagination)

42 is the birthdate of a singer I'm a fan of. When I first joined his yahoo fanclub I chose that as part of my sn and stuck with it for some reason. Yeah it's not too far off but I'm a bit younger than that.

yeah most ppl think I'm there for the grandkids, until they see me playing the demo vid games.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I kinda ran the gamut registering for Scott's board. before he deleted them for me there was 4 ein's. 041 through 044, in the members list. I'd tried your suggestion of registering with different names when I had a problem posting. (no imagination)

42 is the birthdate of a singer I'm a fan of. When I first joined his yahoo fanclub I chose that as part of my sn and stuck with it for some reason. Yeah it's not too far off but I'm a bit younger than that.

yeah most ppl think I'm there for the grandkids, until they see me playing the demo vid games.

Ohh, I see, so it isn't related your age at all then. I guess I read something else in your profile that would have put you at about that age, but I feel like I'm prying or being tacky, so I will leave it alone. I think it's a guy thing that we are so open about our age and therefore insensitive about it. At 38, I'm an old man of the board, and, in fact, I'm even older than our own old man. It's kind of funny how we develope an image of people posting here and elsewhere and how we are often so far off. For some reason, I pictured Graham as being about the same age as the actual old man in the series. Come to find out he's even younger than I am, and probably a lot better looking than R.G. Armstrong. :oneeyedwinK I guess very few members do have pics of themselves in their profiles though.

Guest cutiepie

I totally understand.

I've been really ill now for 4 years and finding Millenium made me so much happier (until the dud ending that was). Just wish they would do another series or even get the creators of MM back together to create a new show (with Lance as our star of course).

The resemblence of the house is uncanny - don't think I'll ever come across a house like that in bonnie Scotland tho. LOL.

Although if I came into money I'd build my own big yellow house!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines