Books in France

Rate this topic

Guest Amrith

Released in 1998, unavailable today :

9782841871032.jpg

The two volumes of the N.E. Genge "Unofficial MillenniuM Guide" were grouped in one for the french version, named "MillenniuM File". I remember with nostalgia the day of 1998 I found the book in a big supermarket :blush:

COUV_011_small.jpg

"MillenniuM : un Livre-Référence" by Edouard de Teyssière will be release this december exclusively in France, probably the most complete MillenniuM book ever written.

This time, the french fans are lucky :tongue:

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Amrith,

I recently won a copy of N.E. Genge's Unofficial Millennium Guide Vol1 on Ebay.

unoff1.jpg

It contained some useful inside info and it was fun to read.

I was gutted it only discussed the first few Eps though.

I've seen pics of Vol 2 but have never found the book itself. I don't know if it was released.

unoff2.jpg

Jane Goldman must be wondering if the apparent release of a DVD box set would mean her "Official Guide to Millennium" may at last see the light of day.

offguide_Goldman.jpg

Hi,

The Vol 2 was released at the same time that the Vol 1.

It contains the ten others episodes of the Season 1. It is said inside that the original title of "Broken World" was "Equus" :D

Guest LauraKrycek
It is said inside that the original title of "Broken World" was "Equus" :D

It is said inside that the original title of "Broken World" was "Equus" :D

Ah, dude, that rocks... I was just a part of a scene in my Directing class a few weeks ago that was from "Equus" (I played the doctor, and the director let me know that I had a lot to live up to, as when he'd first seen the play produced, my part was played by a very young Anthony Hopkins, and the director was sitting like 5 feet away from him), and I kept thinking of that episode during it.

And on a completely different note, I just noticed this emoticon:   :kissing:   I think that's downright adorable.  Made me laugh right out loud.  Of course, that might be because it's 2:20 in the morning... and I keep thinking, Gee, I should be writing the last 3 1/2 pages I need for my essay that's due at 3:00 next afternoon...

Guest Frank_Black_UK

There is someone selling Volume 1 and 2 of the Millennium guide on ebay now, cheap too, saw it last night would go and bid but I have them already I paid almost £40 from Germany for mine  :cry: They are both well worth a read if you can find them.  :D  

Hope the official guide does come out the unofficail ones are good but you cant beat the official ones. Would be nice to go with the DVDS.

I have the 11 volumes of MM and a few novels of the first 2 eps and some postcards, that about it!

• 11 months later...
You know, I was in England a couple of years ago and I discovered that amazon.co.uk has many copies of N.E. Genge's Unofficial Millennium Compendiums (1 and 2), and many used ones at just a couple pounds.  I'm putting them on my holiday list.

Thanks for replying to an old topc, I like it when this happens and a Member resurrects an old discussion. thank you also for the info, I'd love to see Volume Two.

Gra.

.....i also have both volumes but according to the copyright dates in mine the first one came out feb/97 and the second volume aug/97.     perhaps in some countries,like with france'e 2-in 1 book,they came ouit at the same time. the versions i have were published in canada first as the author is canadian herself and the publisher is out of,i THINK,Toronto.

....fasconating indeed!

i'd still give anything for a MLM-crew cap! yep,just about anything, :wink_big:

~se7en :ouro:

• 2 weeks later...

"MillenniuM : un Livre-Référence" by Edouard de Teyssière will be release this december exclusively in France, probably the most complete MillenniuM book ever written.

so.. anybody know if this ever actually came to fruition? anyone had their french contacts browsing the bookstores?

i think i could get through it, if only for keywords and pictures, though my knowledge of 6+ years of french isn't fading that fast.

...still waiting for my b&n.com used MM guide vol 2 to come in the mail, and does anybody know, if they were released so close together (at least in some areas) why all of season one was divided into two books? i naively was expecting reviews of s1 and s2, like all the xf seasonal books.

Guest LauraKrycek
I haven't heard any more talk about it... maybe one of the French people on here will see the message and respond with more info.  I too know un petit peu de francais (forgive the absence of the cedilla, I don't know how to make my keyboard make them) and think I'd be able to get through the book, to some degree.  Just owning it would be pretty nifty.