Upcoming movies in 2007

Guest Frank L.

Guest Frank L.

Some of these movies have been in theaters, but not in my country. So they'll open in 2007 here.

The Prestige

Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors. The trailer completely blew me away. Can't wait to see this one.

The Fountain

For me, this has potential to be a classic. People are calling it the "2001" of this generation. I already own the soundtrack by Clint Mansell, and it is amazing.

Zodiac

Based on the Robert Graysmith books about the real life notorious Zodiac, a serial killer who terrorized San Francisco with a string of seemingly random murders during the 1960s and 1970s.

Spider-Man 3

Spider-Man is stronger than ever when an alien symbiote attaches itself to his suit, and turns it black. He's going to need his new powers, because he has to battle three villians: Harry Osborn (as the new Goblin), Sandman and Venom.

The Simpsons Movie

The first full-length feature film from the long running television series. The trailers weren't great IMHO, but I love this series and will probably love this movie too.

Flags Of Our Fathers / Letters From Iwo Jima

Clint Eastwood, that's all I have to say...

Transformers

As a kid I watched the cartoons. When I saw the trailer I was blown away. CGI stretched to it's limits!

As a fan of Frank Miller's graphic novels, I definately want to see this spectacle.

Ghost Rider

Another "comic" film. Good trailer, plus it stars Nicolas Cage.

The Painted Veil

Starring Edward Norton and Naomi Watts, this will be 'acting heaven'.

Children Of Men

I am eagerly awaiting this one.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

Dead Man's Chest wasn't as good as the first one, story-wise, but the SFX were brilliant. The last of the trilogy will probably be a great spectacle!

Ratatouille

I'm a big Pixar fan, and can't wait to see this one. The trailer is very funny.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Some great movies to look forward to there! I thought POTC 2:Dead Man's Chest was better than the first, which makes a nice change for a sequel.

SpiderMan 3 I'm really looking forward to - it'll be amazing - pardon the pun. I'm sad though that the Green Goblin will be back, I was hoping for the Hob Goblin.

Zodiac I've been awaiting for a while now but the Simpsons Movie out in July has to be the icing on the cake.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest Frank L.
I thought POTC 2:Dead Man's Chest was better than the first, which makes a nice change for a sequel.

I think (and hope) the third will beat 1 & 2. It features three bad guys! I'm also curious to see Keith Richards and Johnny Depp together. And how Jack Sparrow saves himself from the Kraken. :grin:

And I forgot to mention some movies:

Rescue Dawn

If you have time, watch the trailer. Starring Christian Bale.

INLAND EMPIRE

David Lynch's new (and supposedly truly bizarre) movie.

Fahrenheit 451

Directed by Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile)

The Number 23

Thriller starring Jim Carrey.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Brad Pitt, Sam Shepard, Casey Affleck, Mary-Louise Parker, and Sam Rockwell.

Fur

With Nicole Kidman.

The Quiet

I really liked the trailer.

I'm sure I forgot some more...

Guest SouthernCelt

INLAND EMPIRE

David Lynch's new (and supposedly truly bizarre) movie.

Fahrenheit 451

Directed by Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile)

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Brad Pitt, Sam Shepard, Casey Affleck, Mary-Louise Parker, and Sam Rockwell...

Isn't everything Lynch does describable as "truly bizarre"? :wtf:

I assume Fahrenheit 451 is a remake of the original SciFi story?

Who does Pitt play? Jesse? I hope not; he looks nothing like the real Jesse!

Guest Frank L.

I saw Children Of Men today. 10/10!

The acting is brilliant, the story great, direction amazing and I can't wait to get it on dvd for the sound-effects.

One down, many to go! Let's hope they're all as good as this one.

Guest SouthernCelt

I see on IMDb where a MM alumnus (single episode star) is playing one of the Miller brothers in the new Jesse James movie.

Garret Dillahunt played Rick Van Horn in "Closure".

I also see where Mary Louise Parker is playing Zerelda James (Jesse's mother). If you've ever seen a picture of the real Zerelda, you'll have trouble seeing an actress that pretty in that role. I guess that's what make-up is for.

• 1 month later...
Guest Frank L.

Saw a few more movies from my list.

The Prestige

This movie had everything I hoped for and more. Great twists and turns and a great ending. (10/10)

The Quiet

Not a movie for everyone, but I really liked it. (8/10)

Flags Of Our Fathers

Good movie, but nothing really special. Battle sequences are great, but again nothing new here. Camera angles and cinematography reminded me of Saving Private Ryan. The acting is pretty good. (7,5/10)

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Saw a few more movies from my list.

The Prestige

This movie had everything I hoped for and more. Great twists and turns and a great ending. (10/10)

The Quiet

Not a movie for everyone, but I really liked it. (8/10)

Flags Of Our Fathers

Good movie, but nothing really special. Battle sequences are great, but again nothing new here. Camera angles and cinematography reminded me of Saving Private Ryan. The acting is pretty good. (7,5/10)

Hmm, I don't think I have heard of "The Quiet", I'll have to keep an eye out for it. The Prestige really looks great and your review makes me want to see it even more. Needless to say, I respect the opinions of people here a lot more than that of the "critics" and public in general. Flags of Our Fathers really looks good, and has some actors I really like. I'm a sucker for a good war movie, so I will probably rate it a little higher, but a 7.5 isn't too bad. I might see about renting it this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines