General VS5 Discussion

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Zeus. Yes the email was very straight to the point and had me guessing at first! There was only one line, "I don't see Resurrection anywhere".

Who said the art of conversation is dead!? Just kidding. :wiggle:

Guest WaveCrest

ZeusFaber - Has there been a delay in getting "Resolution" ready for putting up on the web?

Guest WaveCrest

I've just finished reading the series finale "Resolution". What a superb finale. Honestly. I'm not saying it for the sake of it to make you and the others who have made this virtual fifth season feel better because the season may not have ended up being good (it's been worth it in my opinion. I enjoyed reading it. A very good season overall). I thought it brought things to a close nicely and created a new beginning. It ended with a mostly happy outlook. I thought the finale was well-written.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest ZeusFaber

Thanks for reading, WaveCrest. That goes for the whole season too, not just this episode.

And I know that your reaction is very much genuine, since you've been very good at being completely honest in your feedback whether it's an episodes you enjoyed or an episode you didn't. As a result, your praise of the finale is all the more meaningful. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again. If we didn't have any readers it wouldn't have been worth while.

• 4 months later...

Firstly, my sincere humbleness at writing after 'soooo' many moons of simply observing. I feel like a traitor to the board but I have watched with interest almost every single post and development despite my reticence to contribute. Work has been hellish, time is but a luxury and so on and so forth......

V5 has been something of a spiritual home for me, languishing in new Millennium whilst the world seems to pray at the altar of 'Gray's Anatomy' and 'Ugly Betty'. I have spent many a guilty evening with a bottle of beer reading the latest episode, easing the pangs during the 'Lost' hiatus, and I cannot commend you enough for enriching our little Millennium Universe. It has to be said that this degree of dedication, creativity and solid vision must be commended. In my spare time I dabble, widly, with Millennium fanfiction, art and so on and so forth and I simply would not have the courage to throw my artistic endeavors to the wolves not the sheer mettle to produce something this involved. I am saddened to see that some episodes gained negative votes and whilst it is true that one man's meat is another man's poison it is to be hoped that more readers would simply commend you on the sheer effort and dedication this season took to produce.

I am somewhat jealous that I didn't have the courage to proffer my services to this endeavor at the time but I thank you for the sheer pleasure it has brought me.

I know you have decided against a V6 but I implore you to boost my Friday nights with beer and new Millennium.

Hand on heart and ratings aside, this is what the Millennium community needs.

Tacos, Beer, New episodes.

I thank you!

Eth

I read 'Flew' gain last night and simply adore it.

A stunning work!

EDIT: In retrospect I realise that simply saying I adore it is of no critical value to man nor beast and I promise to make lucid and clear my thoughts this evening.

Edited by ethsnafu

• Elders (Admins)

How wonderful to hear from you! Everyone PM ethsnafu immediately or leave a comment in his profile to tell him how much he's been missed! :grouphug:

Yes, the VS-5 is an amazing achievement, I think the production values are really high.

I still haven't finished reading all the episodes (got waylaid getting the new site finished to be honest) but I intend to complete the season as not doing so would be a dishonour to the fans who took the time to create it.

Guest ZeusFaber

Thank you for your kind comments, ethsnafu.

It's great to hear from someone who has enjoyed reading the VS5 episodes, and your feedback makes the hard work of all those involved all the more worth while. Should you ever find the time to comment further on the other episodes or just the season as a whole -- the good, the bad, and the ugly -- I'm sure the entire team would be delighted.

And that goes for our Old Man too, should time permit.

Thanks to both of you.