General VS5 Discussion

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest WaveCrest

I've given "Chrysalis" a B as while it was good I didn't think it was as good as part 1 (I assume this was a two-parter even though it hasn't been stated on here and on the site where you access the story?). I don't think it was because there were less pages meaning the second part was shorter. It just felt less original than the first, with Jordan being in jeopardy.

I've read this second part in two parts. A few days ago when I read the first 10-15 pages I liked it, but today reading the remaining pages it didn't seem as good. I still enjoyed reading it though.

Guest ZeusFaber

It was indeed a two-parter, hence the "To Be Continued" at the end of "The Begotten". You can read more details on that in the blog hosted here at TIWWA.

Guest Moriarty
Please add in your thoughts/review of the episode too.

Best one yet Zeus. I like the story of Peter and the way his story gets connected to Frank. Good writing and exploring of the character. Two minor things however. The character of Bloom is somewhat underdeveloped. I mean, I find him onedimensional if you know what I mean. Second minor point is the ending. What was hinted there? That Legion killed Erin? I am sure that this storyline will have some follow up in the season but I still find it a bit vague. But I am certainly not complaining. As I said: best one yet and I encourage the members here to read the season. It is of excellent quality.

Edited by Moriarty

Guest ZeusFaber

Thanks for reading, Moriarty. Look out for Tony's commentary (which I'm sure he'll be doing at some point on the BVC boards) that might address some of your points above.

Would love to hear your opinions on the other episodes too.

I will indeed be doing a commentary (as will I eventually with 'Laicite'), but I'll answer those points here.

The character of Bloom is somewhat underdeveloped. I mean, I find him onedimensional if you know what I mean.

Fair comment. I think given it was so Peter-centric, I think this was perhaps an inevitability.

Truth is, Bloom was pretty much a cipher in many ways in terms of Peter's development. His lack of three-dimensions served to enhance Peter's character, that was the intent.

Second minor point is the ending. What was hinted there? That Legion killed Erin? I am sure that this storyline will have some follow up in the season but I still find it a bit vague.

That wasn't quite the inference.

It wasn't Legion who killed Erin. That was the hand of man, the cult established in 'The Begotten'/'Chrysalis'. But their reason for murdering her was to alert Peter to the threat of Evil, of Legion. The end is Legion suggesting to protect his remaining family, he should sit back and not fight Evil.

It was intentionally ambiguous, so glad you asked the question.

But I am certainly not complaining. As I said: best one yet and I encourage the members here to read the season. It is of excellent quality.

Thanks a lot, Moriarty. That means a hell of a deal to us, much appreciated.

Guest AngeloShrine

This is a bit surreal for me, as this is the first time a drama script I've written has actually aired for the public to see! As the showrunner for MZP's Weeki Wachee, I feel that I'm more comfortable in the comedy genre, so this is definitely qutie a departure for me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on 5x09 "Parturition"!

Angelo Shrine