General VS5 Discussion

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest WaveCrest
As for your reaction to "Ondraeden Ende", that's perfectly valid. I wonder if it stems from the unpleasant nature of the crimes committed in the narrative, or whether you thought it wasn't successfully written. After all, unpleasantness is kind of par for the course when it comes to Millennium!

Anyway, thanks for reading. It's good to hear responses, both good and bad. Feedback can only be a benefit.

It's the former, the unpleasant nature of the crimes in the narrative. I know Millennium has always had grim and unpleasant episodes. Millennium is entertaining, thought-provoking television and is also unpleasant, grim and dark. I just didn't like this story at all. There's no hidden reason behind me thinking that.

P.S: Something I've been meaning to ask you ZeusFaber, are you one of the writers of the virtual fifth season?

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Unfortunately I can't resume reading "Golgotha" ZeusFaber as I've just tried a second time to read the episode via the BVC site. But it's saying the site is suspended due to high bandwidth. I went on there on Friday to start reading "Golgotha" because the red coloured highlighted link underneath the "Golgotha" icon in the "New episode online" thread has "PDF" instead of "HTML" like with the "Sleep of Reason" icon (which you later corrected after I posted about it).

But the BVC site might be back up before you change the highlighted link to "HTML", so there's no point you doing anything. I can wait anyway (and that's not me telling you to change the link).

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest ZeusFaber

As you can see, the website is temporarily down, and this is being looked into at present.

In the mean time, I will upload each episode as a temporary measure.

The actual stuff about PDF and HTML is just two different formats to view the episodes though. Let me explain -- sometimes, as a temporary measure, I will upload the PDFs myself so people can get to them in the interim period while the network guys upload it to the BVC website. As a general rule, we provide episodes in both PDF and HTML format (although it looks much nicer in PDF), but during this interim period I only upload the PDF instead of both version, just to save time.

In the cases of "Sleep of Reason" and "Golgotha", it's just a case of me forgetting to change the link once this interim period is over.

Until the website issues are resolved though, I will go back and upload the episode PDF files personally. I wont bother doing their HTML file counterparts, since fewer people choose to read it in this format, and like said, it's inferior to PDF in pretty much every way.

Guest WaveCrest

Thanks for sorting that out with the temporary place for the virtual fifth season. I'll thank Vaughn who in a new thread has posted the links to all of the episodes so far in both HTML and PDF format as well.

Just finished reading "Golgotha". It was a strong story with strong, graphic content. A good episode. I liked the end scenes with Miranda joining Frank and Jordan outside the church, and Locke looking at the old photograph of himself in the church.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Just started reading "Flew". I always read the teaser of a new episode after finishing off reading the previous new episode.

Very imaginative, what happens with the birds, the ocean and the sand in Flew's teaser.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest ZeusFaber

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for sorting that out with the temporary place for the virtual fifth season. I'll thank Vaughn who in a new thread has posted the links to all of the episodes so far in both HTML and PDF format as well.

Yeah, me and Vaughn inadvertently both did this at the same time. Oops!

Guest colts45

i loved it, oh lake of fire was covered by nirvana on mtv unplugged. the original was done by the meat puppets, who played along with nirvana on stage at unplugged. but other than that it was an a plus. ian austin did a great job. and thank him for having that song in there.

Guest WaveCrest

Excellent episode. My favourite so far, even though I didn't understand what was going on most of the fourth act. First episode I've given 5 stars.

I thought I'd read the rest of "Flew" this afternoon, along with reading all of the next story "Atonement" and possibly the following episode "Critical Mass". I've only read the teaser and the first few lines of "Critical Mass" so far. I may read the rest of it later. I wanted to get through these three episodes as I've really been looking forward to reading "One and Many".

Edited by WaveCrest