General VS5 Discussion

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber

Thanks for reading, WaveCrest.

I guess I take your point about the slight "Nothing Important Happened Today" similarity. That would be with the ship exploding, right?

Anyway, glad you liked the episode overall.

Guest ZeusFaber

Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it now.

For future reference, you can always just go directly to the website and click on the "Episodes" tab in case we ever screw up the links again!

Guest WaveCrest

That's right. It was similar with the exploding ship and the lab on board the ship.

Guest Moriarty

Re: "One and Many"

Just read the episode and I have one big problem with it. I think that there are too many morphing scenes in it. I did not count them but I really think that there are too much. Certainly at the end in the church where Lucy morphs 2 times into the previous appearences of Legion. If I imagine it on the screen I tend to think that I would have a feeling of "Oh no, not again'.

Now don't get me wrong, the plot is certainly ok and the tension is there. Also, the scene with Miranda and the Long Haired Man intercutting with Frank and Lucy is nicely written and kind of reminded me of Lamentation. But I feel that the strength of that episode was the long sequence in the yellow house and there was only 1 Lucy-morphing scene (don't know how to call it besides that). Here we just have too many.

Maybe it is due to the fact that you guys wanted to make a hommage to the Legion appearences in the show. I don't know. Then again, I think that you wanted to get some closure on the Legion arc. That's ok for me but... just too many morphing scenes.

Guest ZeusFaber

Fair enough.

The idea behind the morphs and flash cuts was really to create a more epic feel, to really convey the idea of a final battle and, as you say, get some closure on the overall storyline. You're right when you say that in "Lamentation" there was only one such scene, and I for one was left wanting more in future episode and was disappointed to a degree with "A Room With No View" where we didn't really get them. I didn't want that to be the case with the last ever Lucy Butler episode. In short, I didn't want to waste her and wanted a definite sense of scope.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Don't forget you can register your vote above on the episode as a whole.

Guest WaveCrest

A solid episode which had elements of a few films. When I finished reading "Sleep of Reason" in the week I was thinking of a few films but the only one I can honestly remember now is a Robin Williams film called One Hour Photo. Even though I've only seen clips of that film Robin Williams's character's job is the same as the character in "Sleep of Reason" who can only see the Fedora Man.

Guest WaveCrest

Sorry, I voted after finishing reading the story in the week but decided to post my comments on "Sleep of Reason" and "Ondrædan Ende" until I finished reading "Golgotha". I should finish reading that episode this weekend. I'm just a few episodes behind the latest posted episode now.

I gave "Ondrædan Ende" just 2 stars. My least favourite episode this season so far. I try not to criticise too much but I found this story to be unpleasant. I just didn't like it. The only good point of the episode was the hint at something in Locke's past.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest ZeusFaber

I didn't mean to suggest you should post right away. I was more referring to the other two votes which were cast some time back, and while there's naturally no reason why anyone has to post, I'm just curious to see who read each episode and what they thought.

As for your reaction to "Ondraeden Ende", that's perfectly valid. I wonder if it stems from the unpleasant nature of the crimes committed in the narrative, or whether you thought it wasn't successfully written. After all, unpleasantness is kind of par for the course when it comes to Millennium!

Anyway, thanks for reading. It's good to hear responses, both good and bad. Feedback can only be a benefit.

Guest ZeusFaber

Interesting. I can tell you that that film definitely wasn't an influence on this episode, entirely a coincidence.

Thanks for reading.