2004 TV- what shows will you watch?

voidprime

I wrote a 2004 TV preview article of some of ths hows coming out in the uS this year, one canadaian show coming out in Canada, and some UK shows that will be coming soon and some will also air later in the US.

https://enterline2.tripod.com/enterline/id116.html

So please read the article and tell me what shows you are looking foward to (including the ones I didn't list in my article which I may update again to include more shows).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Guest LauraKrycek

As always, I don't plan on watching any television. The only reason I still have a TV is because I love movies so much, and I've got a fairly sizeable pile of videos. Plus the college library has all sorts of great movies for free rental. I've just become kind of disillusioned about TV since I came to school, I guess. The only show I actually care to watch is "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", just b\c it's so much fun and they're such hilarious, talented guys.

Guest WaveCrest

Well first and foremost it's 24 and The Simpsons. The latter dosen't count as a show that you're looking forward to watching what's on this year, as new episodes are scattered through the year. The next two which were shown before the Christmas break are on next, in February - Today I am Klown and 'Tis the Fifteenth Season.

24 I'm looking forward to very much as I love the real-time format.

I was initally interested in it but not so much now, but I will see Carnivale when it is shown. No UK station has bought the rights yet.

There's also the new US cable drama series "The L Word" and CBS' Cold Case which starts on the same night on Sky as "24".

Guest SouthernCelt
So please read the article and tell me what shows you are looking foward to ...

I'm definitely planning to watch "Kingdom Hospital" since I'm a Stephen King freak. I'm looking forward to the return of "Crossing Jordan" although I wish they'd return to using the Irish-sounding theme music. I'd also love to see "Stargate SG-1" IF ONE OF THESE IDIOT BROADCAST NETWORKS/STATIONS IN MY AREA WOULD HAVE IT (in syndication)!! :angryred: The last station to broadcast it here decided last year to replace it with "She Spies." one of the dumbest series ever made! :angry:

Otherwise, I'll probably be watching my current favorites:

"Law and Order SVU"

"Jag"

"Navy NCIS"

"10-8"

"Alias"

"Smallville"

Well - this should certainly be a short list...not much out there.

Aside from regular viewing of the History, Science & Discovery Channels - not alot to spur excitement.

- CARNIVALE'S 2nd season should be good.

- PEACEMAKERS 2nd season should also be worthwhile.

- WITHOUT A TRACE - not too bad for CBS.

There are probably some "second season" show that might be worth a look - but they get so little promotion & the networks change their plans midstream so often that I refuse to get excited about anything coming to the tube.

live long & prosper.

USA didn't renew PEACEMAKERS for a second season.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

USA didn't renew PEACEMAKERS for a second season.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

.....that's strange,i just recently read a blurb,a month or so ago, in variety that 13 more eps of "peacekeepers" have been comissioned. though they did not specificaly say that USA would,or would not,be the channel that will air them or not. Hmmm :thinking_big: me thinks it may be moving to another cable network or perhaps it will be a "canada exclusive" show,either CTV or CBC,since it is shot there. the latter scenario i hope is not true as,overall,despite a few clinkers,i really enjoyed that show very much. When Tom Berringer and his wife got more heavily involved with the show,creatively, after the first 5-eps of S1,and they brought in former MM writer/producer Marjorie David in the fold, it got drasticly better with more refined characterization and plotlines.

~se7en :ouro:

se7en, where did you hear this? We can hear rumors all day, but I would love to read the source of info that reported this rumored return for more episodes.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who is frustrated with the tight lid being put on the new production of Farscape without giving official news the show is being filmed with new episodes right now!0

se7en, where did you hear this?   We can hear rumors all day, but I would love to read the source of info that reported this rumored return for more episodes.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who is frustrated with the tight lid being put on the new production of Farscape without giving official news the show is being filmed with new episodes right now!0

..well,as i said,i read it in "VARIETY",which is hardly a gossip rag. they have been covering the entertainment industry for about 100-years or more;i think since 1898.(?) i get the magazine weekly-(they print it daily but that's generally for people in the industry as it's something like $500 per year.)- this particular tidbit i read at thier online site,which you get access to if you subcscribe to thier "daily" or "weekly" additions. as far as "exactly" when i read it? well,"PEACEMAKERS",which,while i enjoy it,is not exactly something i am consumed about,but i beleive i came across this particular item in early/mid december. I find Entertainment Weekly to be a pretty solid source for entertainment news,but for my money-($200-per year "when" i can afford it)-Variety cannot be beat. it's the industry bible so to speak. but whether what i read you take as rumour or not isn"t really my concern. i really enjoyed the show which is precisely why i remembered reading it online. they "may" have a visitor's access pass and/or free trial. if they do they one of the largest searchable databases you can ever hope to find. it's at www.variety.com

~se7en :ouro: