Season 3 Episode - OMERTA

Rate this topic

Guest thadarkside

Guest thadarkside

hello fellow Millenniium fans! It's good to see a group of people come together and talk about one of the best produced dramas ever on television.

I just recently got back into Millennium and I am in the middle of Season 3 on dvd. I had never seen the OMERTA episode before, but I thought it was an amazing episode. Anyone else think so? I mean, it's such a different take on a Christmas episode, I just had to give the show it's due credit. Thoughts??

troy

Guest ZeusFaber

I think it's about a 3 1/2 out of 5 for me, but it certainly works for the Christmas mood.

It was a little out of the show's regular focus, but not too much so, so was refreshing in that respect. Mark Snow's music for it is absolutely outstanding from start to finish, one of my favourite scores of the series, and I only wish it was available for download beyond the US.

The advent-calendar act-ins can be borderline maudlin though, and I think a poll-option I saw once sums up this episode nicely -- heartworming but a touch on the silly side.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
hello fellow Millenniium fans! It's good to see a group of people come together and talk about one of the best produced dramas ever on television.

I just recently got back into Millennium and I am in the middle of Season 3 on dvd. I had never seen the OMERTA episode before, but I thought it was an amazing episode. Anyone else think so? I mean, it's such a different take on a Christmas episode, I just had to give the show it's due credit. Thoughts??

troy

This is an episode that you will probably get some mixed reviews on. Some people loved, some hated it. Personally, I loved it. I loved the "mood" of it, the lightness of it and some of the humor. It's a nice change of pace from the usual darkness of the show, but I have to confess, after these lighter episodes, I was always eager to get back into the classic, dark Millennium the next week. The beautiful outdoor setting added a lot to the episode, as did the Christmassy feeling of the indoor setting. I normally watch this episode every Christmas, but it just didn't seem like the time was right this year. I have been taking a break from the show until it really feels fresh watching it again, and until I am really craving it. I have already watched the series all the way through many times, but eventually, I always get the "bug" to go back and start from the beginning or for specific episodes. Like the X-files, Millennium is so brilliantly done that I can't ever get enough of it, and Omerta is one that I'm sure to enjoy many more times in the future. By the way, welcome to the board. :hiya:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I think it's about a 3 1/2 out of 5 for me, but it certainly works for the Christmas mood.

It was a little out of the show's regular focus, but not too much so, so was refreshing in that respect. Mark Snow's music for it is absolutely outstanding from start to finish, one of my favourite scores of the series, and I only wish it was available for download beyond the US.

The advent-calendar act-ins can be borderline maudlin though, and I think a poll-option I saw once sums up this episode nicely -- heartworming but a touch on the silly side.

Yes, I forgot to mention the music. It is among my favorite scores as well, and was yet another improtant aspect of the episode that made it special, at least in my book. we are actually not that far off on ratings, at least not as far as you would expect for polar opposites. :oneeyedwinK I would probably give it a strong 4 out of 5. In fact, I'll give it a 4 1/4 for the mood and music. :yes:

Guest thadarkside

Thanks for the welcome to the board. I totally agree about Mark Snow's music score for this episode, probably one of my favorites out off all the episodes.

I do also agree that this is one of those episodes that you either love or hate. I think it was a welcome change from the usual Season 3 episodes.

• Elders (Admins)

Welcome aboard! I never really appreciated this episode as much as Midnight of the Century, which to me had everything. However, it is a magical episode and Mark Snow's score is amazing. He is certainly my favourite modern composer. Zeus is spot on as usual, heartworming but a touch on the silly side but perhaps as a seasonal episode should be.

Guest SouthernCelt

I think this episode, as a Christmas show, was a good, rather light fantasy episode centered around Christmas and was a bit like an alternative to the very serious "Midnight of the Century" episode. I can't say I love or hate it; it is certainly unique, including the music and seems to appeal more when the mood is right.

Guest Moriarty

It is kind of surprising to me to read how many members here liked this episode. I am with Southern here, just cannot say wether I liked it or hated it. It sure captured the x-mas feeling but I am not certain if such a feeling goes with the series. MM was about darkness and despair but on the otherhand a lighter episode like Omerta also worked. So I guess it is a personal thing. But I surely agree on the Mark Snow score!

Guest betweenthelines

I thought the music score was incredible. I really do think it's one of Mark Snow's finest scores.

As for the episode... umm, the fairies were pretty cool. Honestly I'm not sure what I think of this episode.

• 1 month later...