Season 3 Episode - OMERTA

Rate this topic

Guest thadarkside

Guest Black's Babe

this one was quite SAPPY, but I enjoyed it.

a little Jon Polito goes a looooooooooooooooooooong way.

The opening scene was a nice nod to "Miller's Crossing" which Polito starred in.

• 2 months later...
Guest gethsemane

I love this episode. After watching bits and pieces of it again on Chiller I still didn't get the ending. Did they blow up in the ambulance, and if so, why did Frank smile?Also, was Jordan partially responsible for the ladies healing since it seems the other one could have healed her herself but didn't? Can someone help me understand this please?

Guest JanieJones

apart from the nod to Miller's Crossing at the start and some nice scenes between Frank and Jordan I HATED Omerta. It was just far too sappy and ridiculous and did not seem like an episode of Millennium at all. I had been on a severe Millennium buzz when I got to this episode and after I watched it I was just like "shit" but not in a good way at all. Not to mention the whole Christmas card thingy and the music was so annoying. I almost gave up after this but thankfully they rewarded we me with a string of fairly solid episodes after this, the worst episode of Millennium.

This is another episode that I loved. Sure, it's probably the most atypical of the series, even more than Darin Morgan's two, and sure, it ruthlessly borders, if not outright steps on, maudlin, but it works because it was something that Frank and Jordan had to deal with regarding Catherine. I wonder what the rate of us fans with kids digging it is vs. fans w/o kids.

something that Frank and Jordan had to deal with regarding Catherine

I totally agree, and mentioned this in my article on Butterflies. This episode brought healing and acceptance of the loss of her mother for Jordan. Frank's closure is in "The Sound of Snow." Maybe for some the story is a little quirky, but for me, I enjoyed it very much and absolutely love the music. It is different then most other episodes because it brought a light spirit into the show, rather then a dark spirit like most, if not all, the other episodes. You can't have darkness in light, but you can have light in the darkness.

Guest thadarkside

I am loving the discussion about Omerta. As I am sure you all know now, we will be interviewing the great Jon Polito tomoorow. So, if you have any questons for Jon, please let us know.

• 1 month later...
Guest gethsemane

I'm still confused about the ending. Any interpretations out there? I can't believe they died after all the trouble to save them.

• 1 month later...
Guest quentin compson

I'm still confused about the ending. Any interpretations out there? I can't believe they died after all the trouble to save them.

Well, I think the death of Eddie and the fairies was staged to give them the chance to live in peace, untroubled by police or mob. I don't think they are supposed to be dead at the end of the episode.

I have to admit that I didn't like Mark Snow's score on that episode at all. It just was the icing on the cake of the prevailing maudlin tone - thankfully, there were some humorous moments, as well.

Edited by quentin compson