Saturn, Dreaming of Mercury

Rate this topic

Dont know the meaning of the title but i will try to take a stab at it.

Since this episode is mainly about Jordan, she represents Mercury. Like Mercury she is small, sure footed and fast.

Saturn represents Lucy and her minions including Lucas. Saturn the planet is huge and cold, a big gas ball. It is also the 9th planet away from the sun. I tend to think the Sun represents GOD. Mercury is closer to GOD.

Saturn is envious of Mercury. Always thinking of Mercury. Saturn dreams of Mercury.

Conclusion:

Evil concentrates on those that expose them. Frank and Jordan are the ones that has that ability. They are Mercury.

Guest SouthernCelt
Dont know the meaning of the title but i will try to take a stab at it.

Since this episode is mainly about Jordan, she represents Mercury. Like Mercury she is small, sure footed and fast.

Saturn represents Lucy and her minions including Lucas. Saturn the planet is huge and cold, a big gas ball. It is also the 9th planet away from the sun. I tend to think the Sun represents GOD. Mercury is closer to GOD.

Saturn is envious of Mercury. Always thinking of Mercury. Saturn dreams of Mercury.

Conclusion:

Evil concentrates on those that expose them. Frank and Jordan are the ones that has that ability. They are Mercury.

Boy, Joe, sounds like you've given that episode title a lot of thought. Your explanation sounds as or more reasonable than the meaning I've heard others give.

Guest SouthernCelt
What meaning have you heard others give?

Honestly, I can't remember the details well enough to relate; however, it was on TIWWA some time ago. As I remember the various opinions were not as clearly expressed as Joe did this time.

Guest betweenthelines

I found this analysis in the "Episodes Review" section of the board:

Well, as to a meaning to the title, I look at it this way...

Saturn was the Roman god of old age, called Kronos in Greek. The famous festival of Saturnalia was named after him. I seem to recall he was one of the Titans, who were usurped by the gods of Olympus.

Goya's painting 'Saturn devouring his children' is especially frightful, and shows the god eating one of his sons whom he was told would destroy him. As Kronos he was the father of Zeus (the one who didn't get eaten).

Mercury is of course the winged messenger of the gods, lively and youthful (and identified with the innermost planet of the solar system - which could signify youth, as contrasted with Saturn, the outermost planet until the discovery opf Uranus in the 1700s, which was identified with old age).

As Hermes in Greek, however, Hermes held another role - as a psychopomp, or guide to the underworld, like Anubis in Egyptian myth. Thus was Hermes viewed in the middle ages as being the originator of great 'inner' wisdom.

Both planets and the gods they're named after of course have much significance in alchemy and other esoteric arts.

The episode title can be seen to represent the connection, but also the gulf, between old age and infancy.

An interesting explanation, but I also like Joe M's thoughts on the title.

• 2 years later...
Guest Black's Babe

great episode, should've known Ms. Butler had a hand in this.

loved when Emma called out Frank on his ISH...U GO GYRL!

One thing made me see RED...

Why did Frank leave Jordan outside at night...ALONE?! :nahah::nahah::nahah: